Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:22:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy ICO or Crazy Me?  (Read 647 times)
jjrr007 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:30:46 AM

I was looking to purchase an ICO at a discount.  The more I look into different offers, the more I see that things may be a scam- similar websites, over seas, similar advertisements.  It seems easy to raise millions.  In fact, now every ICO to me looks like a scam.  I don't want to miss out, but of course don't want to be scammed.

Has anyone noticed the same?  Has anyone invested money in an ICO and actually received valuable coins out of it?  If so, which website help you find it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:32:47 AM

That is what you are risking when you bet on these ICOs. It is hard to tell which ones will be around longer than a few months and which ones will take your money and run. For that reason I abstain from participating in ICOs anymore and I advise you do the same. If you must participate check out websites like ICOalert and ICOtracker.
jjrr007 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:42:05 AM

I think you are right.  May be best to not participate.
idunets

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:52:29 AM
Merited by ORiN (1)

I was looking to purchase an ICO at a discount.  The more I look into different offers, the more I see that things may be a scam- similar websites, over seas, similar advertisements.  It seems easy to raise millions.  In fact, now every ICO to me looks like a scam.  I don't want to miss out, but of course don't want to be scammed.

Has anyone noticed the same?  Has anyone invested money in an ICO and actually received valuable coins out of it?  If so, which website help you find it?

Well... ICO is always a big risk... You can found a project with very good and unique website and also very good advertisements that is a scam... There are no guarantee that you will not be scammed.... You can try to find ICOs with good rating on websites like:
https://www.icoalert.com/
http://icobench.com/
and similar...
but remember always act on your own risk! I got very good profits from ICOs with relativelly small investements... I started to guide my selft with hypes, and feedbacks on the internet by trusted users*... Maybe that will help you
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:55:16 AM

Investimg in ICOs is a two thing, it can really go sour our glossy. Most ICOs can get you a ×5 after a successful launch, while must can ruin your pocket. Mostly, I invest in ICOs of projects that already having an existing product or a working prototype, with this, you can know that the project is not a mere dream. But in most cases, if I can't make a concrete decision, I would wait and buy from exchanges after listing.
jjrr007 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:06:03 AM

Just now, I looked at a review of the top 2018 ICOs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi2HKOOyomE

This review said that Centra was their best buy.  This is also what I found about Centra:

http://fortune.com/2017/12/17/cryptocurrency-floyd-mayweather-centra-lawsuit/

If these experienced people can't spot a scam, how can we?

Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:08:38 AM

I like your theme. I ever feel what do you feel now guys. Just be patient and keep calm cor this situation and It will be happy. Just two probably, i.e advantages or disadventages Smiley
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:12:38 AM

I think you are right.  May be best to not participate.
x2.

There is no reason to participate in an ICO right now because the price of Bitcoin will cause you to lose your money on something that was $0.03 when the ICO started.

OG member.
Brian Ray
anhhung409

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:32:33 AM

That is not all, there are still a lot of good ICOs and their coin has very high growth potential. As long as you are clever and forward looking, I believe you will find it easy. Today, the massive birth of the Altcoin is giving the market more and more coin garbage. Consequently, there must be selection and clarity before investing in any Altcoin

99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:40:08 AM

There are 3 main things to look at when trying to figure out if an ICO is a money grab (scam) or legitimate investment. I will number them in order of importance with 1. being the most important. These are not guarantees, but they will help you make some decisions regarding your investments.

1. Their ANN post in this forums. Does it have a lot of time, effort and money put into it? Are the graphics used in the post nicely done or quick and cheap? Does it seem like they have their $h!t together?

2. Their website. See above for things to look for...also see if they have a built in wallet/dashboard ready to send and receive tokens. Sign up/register and poke around the site.

3. Their whitepaper. Look for something that is obviously not a copy and paste job. Also, try and read through it for spelling errors/bad grammar/mistakes..etc.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:45:30 AM

Due to the proliferation of Initial Coin Offerings, it is hard to determine which ones are scam and which ones are not. In every investment you make, there is always an inherent risk that you will not be able to get back what you invested that's why there is always the advise of invest only what you can afford to lose. Investing in ICOs are quite risky but the rewards you would be able to reap when the project is successful would make you believe that it is worth it but then the problem is to determine what projects are worth investing to.

You wouldn't know the future that's why you should take the risk of investing on it with the hope that it will give you a valuable return in the future. Those who invested in ETH and Neo in their ICOs are very happy now.

Check this thread for those ICO sources. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2372397.0

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:13:24 AM

There are alot of ICO now but many of them  has bad quality. So before make invest in any ICO make sure they has working product with solid team behind the project, not only plan in their white paper. And the other more thing is use and built risk management for investing in ICO.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:23:26 AM

Usually that case because of the coin is not popular so they give more bonus, or the coin developer want to scam, if you think it's not safe then don't invest in that ICO, find other that is more trustable, the risk of investing in ICO is big, so if something seems not right then it's time to get out

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Blackfurysm

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:53:43 AM

You should definitely check it at least at https://www.icoalert.com/ or similar. Please, do good and profund desk research before investing your money in it!
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 05:06:38 AM

ill invested in a few project , but yes there are many ICO right now and more of them is scam but if you reasearch the project before investing i think you will get what you want . there are a good ICO project i see that will give you more profit after the ICO but you need to decide by your own  . if you see a project that have working product then its much better.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:33:13 AM

There are 3 main things to look at when trying to figure out if an ICO is a money grab (scam) or legitimate investment. I will number them in order of importance with 1. being the most important. These are not guarantees, but they will help you make some decisions regarding your investments.

1. Their ANN post in this forums. Does it have a lot of time, effort and money put into it? Are the graphics used in the post nicely done or quick and cheap? Does it seem like they have their $h!t together?

2. Their website. See above for things to look for...also see if they have a built in wallet/dashboard ready to send and receive tokens. Sign up/register and poke around the site.

3. Their whitepaper. Look for something that is obviously not a copy and paste job. Also, try and read through it for spelling errors/bad grammar/mistakes..etc.

But won't you think that there's some ico now are just making them a legit one even though they're not with all of those criteria? Well come to think of it and click my signature.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
WishMeBad

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:34:25 AM

What we need here is an ICO listings upgraded, with good features to check if they plan to run a backdoor scam or what.
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:46:34 AM

I had a break from the crypto world and when I decided to go back and invest in ICO first time, I research a lot of information about it, my first 2 ICO's was  Monetha and BlackMoonCrypto, both been qualified as a flop in my opinion. What is important for is to make the right decision about go big, small or wait after hits exchanges and observe what will happen. Best ICO's have good reviews on YT, and plenty of information on the internet, plus good ANN thread here on the forum, smaller ICO's sometimes is better bought after is available on the exchange, all ways are good too but timing "when" is crucial. I snatched SONM Tokens ages after ICO (over a year) and price spiked just days ago from 0.12$ to 0.4$ now. Remember guys, buy Tokens is never too late as long as you hit that "open window" when the price is still cheap.
dvabit

Activity: 294
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:53:25 AM

I am also crazy about ICO and currently i am looking forward to Gilgamesh (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2162600.0) when they are going to to announce their ICO..
mafostedu

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:55:28 AM

It depends in where are you going to invest.. Take a look over the ICO on my signature, they raised more than 35 million dollars in the first three days.

but there are a lot of scammy projects, and we all know that, it is your choice to join or not.

And if you invest in those ico's that are promising x6 of your investment amount.. Then do not put a single penny in there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: