Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:11:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy ICO or Crazy Me?  (Read 650 times)
Technotec.org

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:58:30 AM

I was looking to purchase an ICO at a discount.  The more I look into different offers, the more I see that things may be a scam- similar websites, over seas, similar advertisements.  It seems easy to raise millions.  In fact, now every ICO to me looks like a scam.  I don't want to miss out, but of course don't want to be scammed.

Has anyone noticed the same?  Has anyone invested money in an ICO and actually received valuable coins out of it?  If so, which website help you find it?

I noticed that many projects making ICO turn out to be a scam. This is a thirst for easy money, of course this sphere will always attract fraudsters.
I think you can trust those projects that are built on the working business. And the more years this business worked before the ICO, the better
Technotec.org

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:12:23 PM

According to my observations, a really successful ICO is only a few percent of the total. In ICO projects are invested a lot of money, so a lot of scammers.

I fully agree with your opinion.
Today there is a lot of excitement around the ICO. I want to see really good projects and not scam
prehosting

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:48:50 AM

I think, although there are many cryptocurrencies in the world currently but still investing in ICO might give better return within a short period of time. As per my experience, I had invested on an ICO 2 years back and got great return although I am not focusing on active investment, however, I have been researching on an upcoming ICO of highly secure cryptocurrency is called Gitalcoin.

I have found very impressive in terms of the future prospect.

I am sharing some information you might interested, please refer below

The Website link: https://gitalcoin.io/

Cost Per Coin Pre ICO: USD 0.5

They are mentioned that Monthly Interest Rate Up to 42%

The 1st year they are offering 10% per month which is quite good for ICO investors I guess.

I will get more information and post it accordingly.

Thanks for reading my thoughts.

DibiaVxosis

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:01:02 AM

Purchase ico when the pat pre-ico is good chance to get more discount, but i think it not worth because at that time the community still low. And because of that, the ico can become scam anytime.

idunets

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:01:37 AM

Purchase ico when the pat pre-ico is good chance to get more discount, but i think it not worth because at that time the community still low. And because of that, the ico can become scam anytime.

what you mean "ico can become scam anytime"? if it is scam, it is scam... no illusions... I believe you were talking about problems related to low community... but this is the risk related to the ICO... If you invest on it, you must understand that hypes are created, and are not permannent  Undecided
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 03:16:29 AM

I was looking to purchase an ICO at a discount.  The more I look into different offers, the more I see that things may be a scam- similar websites, over seas, similar advertisements.  It seems easy to raise millions.  In fact, now every ICO to me looks like a scam.  I don't want to miss out, but of course don't want to be scammed.

Has anyone noticed the same?  Has anyone invested money in an ICO and actually received valuable coins out of it?  If so, which website help you find it?
that's what makes me hesitate to invest in ico, the various scam risks make me more hesitant.
I better buy etherum, clear and safe for etherum deposit to get profit.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
barhotka

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:53:59 PM

Yes, now there is a lot of fraud in the ICO. A lot of money attracts a lot of scammers. But this does not stop people, they continue to invest in ICO, because it can bring them very good profits.
usd.dev

Activity: 266

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:16:55 PM

Now a huge number of projects that can take off or fall, I've chosen one project, I was very interested in PayPal's participation in it, albeit within the framework of one of the three startups selected for their nine month incubation program in Singapore.  Roll Eyes

wladsem555

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:32:44 AM

According to my observations, a really successful ICO is only a few percent of the total. In ICO projects are invested a lot of money, so a lot of scammers.

I agree with this statement. Indeed, the mechanism of many ISO allows you to spend a lot of money in the absence of proper reporting and control. And these moments are sure to take advantage of scammers.
Coinsaivory

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:42:10 AM

Basically my experience a couple of months ago in a nutshell... ICO's, regardless of their advertisements, website designs, etc. may be scams but also may be very promising projects. It is difficult to differentiate the good from the bad with visuals. It is better to read a lot about their mission, idea of the project, whitepaper, etc. Additionally, it is a good idea to check the company behind each project - is it a credible one or it is some company of which nobody knows anything. Last but not least, check as many YouTube channels and online threads & discussions to form an objective opinion. Discern between the valuable criticism and the spam.
To answer your second question: Yes, I have invested in ICO's before and yes, I have made profit. I have invested in LiveEdu, Restart Energy, and Titanium. I'm currently getting familiarized with Cointed (CTD). Their whitepaper seems promising and the company behind the project has a trustworthy record - it partnered with Nvidia and TAS Group, which enables it to do green mining and to launch multiple ATMs all over Europe. Has anyone invested in them? I know for sure that a couple of friends have invested in it and are currently satisfied but I still need more proof, as investing in ICO's needs to be done in precaution.
Fang141

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

Most ICOs are indeed money grabbers, but some are really good. When I invest I tend to buy ones that will give me bonus token, but also only the ones that I am sure are going to have a future. When I bought both DIGI and Giftz I got a ton of bonus, which will help me make a profit even if the coin price drops a little bit.

I'm currently getting familiarized with Cointed (CTD). Has anyone invested in them? I know for sure that a couple of friends have invested in it and are currently satisfied but I still need more proof, as investing in ICO's needs to be done in precaution.

I did, I was a little bit worried at first but now I am sure it was a solid investment. But don't take my word for it, please go to their website and read the whitepaper, read their news, blog posts, everything. Always get all information possible before investing.
Svandis

Activity: 76
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:18:16 PM

Just check everything - especially the need of token, whitepaper and team. If project doesn't actually need token - first red flag, team doesn't answer to the questions at all - second red flag, whitepaper doesn't sound good - third red flag. And don't forget that you need to diversify your funds - so no need to go all in

https://svandis.io/
▲ SVANDIS ⇔ TOKEN SALE Q2 2018 ▲
▲TIMING IS EVERYTHING  ⇔ ALL DATA - ONE PLACE ▲
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:29:31 PM

I used icobench for research and analysis upcoming ICO's. I think is the best resource of ICO ratings. Some experts opinions often coincide with realuty. But even the best experts can make mistakes and come across scam projects
https://icobench.com/ico/tradove  It's was the project with good rating, but now but it turned out that there are many charges of fraud and the ICO closed
I do not know at what opinion I can rely on  Undecided
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:35:08 PM

One needs to read the whitepaper of an upcoming project/ICO thoroughly, after that you can decide whether its gonna be a good project or not, if the project try to solve a real problem it has a chance for great partnerships and a future, also one thing to remember is what the team looks like, the team is very important as they make the project come true, I'm gonna invest in Daneel.io and have high hopes for it.

maxiimallist

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:09:24 PM

ICO have become very popular because of the opportunity to earn good money. This attracts not only new investors, but also scammers. So now there is so much scam in the ICO. So with you everything is in order.

ⓄⓄ    Bitscreener - The world's first financial data ecosystem powered by blockchain    ⓄⓄ
ⓄⓄⓄⓄ    ICO starts in June 27     ⓄⓄⓄⓄ
Follow Bitscreener  | Facebook | Twitter| Telegram
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:55:18 PM

To invest in ICO tou got to take your time to reaearch about the project,bookmark the project site copied from a reliable source like icobench,icodrop,token market, do not be in a hurry to invest,Do not follow the crowd,and the hype on social media,invest what you can afford to lose,ICO has raise lots of millionaire do not be afraid to take risk.

MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:08:00 PM

If you think that you can be deceived when investing and buying ICO coins, then you have the option to buy bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin and other similar coins to hold for a long time.
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:13:19 PM

I am afraid you are right about the fact that they are a lot more scammers now than before, but I think the number of good ICO is about the same, just a lot more are trying to make money of nothing and increase the number of shaddy ICO.
BCSHonda

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:15:17 PM

Just check everything - especially the need of token, whitepaper and team. If project doesn't actually need token - first red flag, team doesn't answer to the questions at all - second red flag, whitepaper doesn't sound good - third red flag. And don't forget that you need to diversify your funds - so no need to go all in
As far as I can see, now that ICO projects are successfully sold and traded on major trading sites, they are many times more expensive than ICO, so the current ICO the trend is very hot now. I understand that it is not easy to find a quality ICO project in thousands of projects today, which requires you to use a lot of knowledge and time to research and learn new ideas good ICO. Once you have chosen a good project, investing in it is great.
kanmo

Activity: 458

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:28:21 PM

Investing in an ICO is risky because you don't know the person or team at the receiving end. If you can risk participation in an ICO, then its cool for you but if you can't risk it then no need to invest a dime.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: