Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:16:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me build my 2018 portfolio  (Read 270 times)
bismarck187 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:34:10 AM

Been doing some research on some coins but I'm undecided what to pick. The little description next to my current choices is what I think might be their real-life applications based on their presentation (what the developer team is focused on). Feel free to correct me if my ideas are off.

Bitcoin (BTC): Monetary Cryptocurrency
Ethereum (ETH): Computer Programming
Cardano (ADA): Technological Platform
Ripple (XRP): Banking & Finance Infrastructure
FunFair (FUN): Gambling Business
Lisk (LSK): Digital Distribution Platform
NAV Coin (NAV): Payment System
Request Network (REQ): Payment System
Ark (ARK): [Suspicious link removed]munication
IOTA (IOT): Real-Time Micro Transactions
ChainLink (LINK): Securities & Insurance Contracts
NEM (XEM): Infrastructure Server & Communication
NEO (NEO): Smart Contracts & Assets Platform
SONM (SNM): Fog Computing Network Mining
MyWish (WISH): Contract Performance & Management
Verge (XVG) : Private & Anonymous Blockchain Transactions
Enigma (ENG): Data Network Protocol
VeChain (VEN): Industrial Business Ecosystem
Wanchain (WAN): Global Financial & Digital Platform

I did a little bit of work on their growth for 2017 and ETH, XRP, LSK, ARK, XEM, NEO and XVG were all insane. I'm not sure how much more value they could possibly get based on the current marketcap. Of all the projects listed above, NEO seems the most promising since it could be adopted not just by China but by all of Asia continent. XVG seems to be doing what XMR already does so I'm not sure I get why it's exploding - but perhaps it could grow more due to the low price? That was, without a doubt, the top pick for 2017.. It grew 326387%..

There's some coins I feel that might be undervalued as of right now considering their small growth compared to the monsters listed above and the potential behind their projects. ADA perhaps. I know not much as been seen from them but they could create the bare-bone of the next smart contract platform. FUN strikes me as a hidden gem considering they have zero competition and the market is huge (plus the head developer has a lot of experience in business). IOTA seems to have a lot of potential if they can integrate real-life micro transactions with hardware wallets - and whatever else they are aiming at doing. I'm not sure how feel about NAV at the moment but if they can get PayPal system they could explode. REQ is seems to be more ambitious than them but my guess is whatever has the first functional network with real-life applications will probably win. Both have the same marketcap.

LINK, SNM, WISH, ENG and VEN feel more risky choices. Little to negative growth this year. Projects sounds interest but aside from WISH (and even that is only being attempted on small scale) they feel all very theoretical. I can't imagine SONM, ENG or even VEN (despite all the developers professional connections) lifting off in the next 2 years.

WAN is one that is picking up a lot of my interest but also the one I fear the most. I think they are setting out to do what XRP and many other are trying to do but going up against XRP is going to be tough since they are being financed by bankers and they have far more experience with money, loans and investments than WAN. It's still a very traditional market and I don't think WAN is going to change it that fast. On the other hand, I don't think that XRP is going to let it's price flow above much more - price stability is key for financial institutions. The Asian population seem more open to experimentation on finance which could make things interesting if they want to finance alternate coins.

My portfolio will probably only consist of 10 coins. Percentage allocation is irrelevant (but I'm open to suggestions). Give me yours thoughts on my choices. Why they might be good and why you think they absolutely suck. I've done some reading but going in-depth is a full-time job I can't afford when learning all about every altcoin. I'm looking for value but I'm also looking at the future and not just a quick buck. And thanks for taking your time to read this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:21:41 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2021, 12:58:32 AM by Quantumplation

NOTE: This message was originally not posted by me, but instead by someone who compromised my account.  I have deleted the content.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:25:09 AM

If you invest in so many coin and you have only small capital then it will not woth. Please make sure you have enough capital.
If only small capital, just choose maximum five coins like :
1. Bitcoin
2. Etherium
3. Waves
4. Litcoin
5. Xrp or monero (xmr )
Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:18:03 AM

If you invest in so many coin and you have only small capital then it will not woth. Please make sure you have enough capital.
If only small capital, just choose maximum five coins like :
1. Bitcoin
2. Etherium
3. Waves
4. Litcoin
5. Xrp or monero (xmr )

Its ok to invest in small amount. We need to start in small capital while we don't sure in the coin we hold. But if you have a good profit then invest your money in bitcoin and altcoin ,for now that's the coin i know have a good future.
Headachez

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:31:49 AM

Ripple & IOTA seem very promising for 2018. It sounds like Ripple is getting involved with some big time companies, the rumors are Amazon and Uber. They have an announcement coming on Friday, keep your eyes open for that.
SNS

Activity: 516
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:39:00 AM

It is better to choose 5-7 projects and invest in them 70% of the capital. And then make a high-risk portfolio from the remaining 30%.
bettle10

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:56:04 AM

I think you need to choose IOTA,Ripple, NEO. They all good and worth for invest,see the price these day, it unstoppable.
PEGASUS CRYPTOCURRENCY

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 02:59:11 AM

Your 2018 portfolio :

BUY BITCOIN AS WEALTH.  Smiley

BUY GOLD AS SECURITY.  Smiley Smiley

BUY ALCOIN AS INVESTMENT  Smiley Smiley Smiley

BUY PEGASUS TOKEN AS TIME.    Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

https://www.pegasuscrypto.com/  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Oups... Is PEGASUS will be the next BITCOIN ON STEROIDS ?  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
or simply INSANE?

Hope it is Helpful!
udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 03:01:00 AM

these are my recommendations for the year 2018

wabi
eth
xrp
neo
wtc

please do your own research on this,  i am personally holding Wabi and ETH. Other coins i am going to buy near days. Please invest on potential ICO's also.

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 03:12:43 AM

I think you should build a "core" portion, consisting on the top alts. I would suggest Combicoin which is 100% backed by the top 30 cryptocurrencies, equally weighted and rebalanced constantly. You reduce risk this way and capture the market movements. Plus I would add other alts that are not already in the top 30, that you like, to complement the portfolio.
entropy0

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

Que sera sera

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:24:22 AM

you have to start somewhere.. usually put money into BTC first since you will need that to trade other currencies anyway

Grow your Discord community with panda-bot! https://pandabot.fatpanda.club
davidroux

Activity: 625
Merit: 250

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:42:04 AM

How much money do you have? Unless you have a big budget, I think you have chosen too many coins. The best portfolio is just about 5 coins. And my advice are Bitcoin, IOTA, Ripple, Neo, and Litecoin

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀