Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:32:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Ether Wallet (MEW), is it safe to use it?  (Read 1815 times)
Applechild

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:08:10 PM

It is very safe to use MEW on almost if not all platforms and I have never had any experience or ever heard from anyone a situation whereby ones MEW destination address is changed by anyone. The only time you may be vulnerable to scammers or hackers is when you expose your private key to the public.  That is one good thing about Ether accounts, you are given both public and private key, the private is personal and the public is indeed public use. If you experience difficulty transferring from one platform to the other, it may be a network issues on either one of the sites or even data transmission failure from your ISP. Ensure you check all necessary connections and look out for pop-up messages and blocks from your browser.
crypto_sagor

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:09:57 PM

MYetherwallet is safe . you can use it.
You should keep keystore/JSON file or privet key
if you lost it
then you lost your money
so should keep it safe..
Be  Happy with Crypto Life

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   KWHCoin   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ RENEWABLE ENERGY CRYPTOCURRENCY █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (https://kwhcoin.com/)
Shaour Zafar094

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:34:04 PM

yes ! it is safe, i am also new user of MEW but i find it safe because it has a long private key which can not be copy easily unless someone uses your laptop or system that you are using or copy your private key.
and i also  dont think they will steal because it is a authenticated wallet, so many users are using it like in millions user,
 stealing will decrease their reputation,
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:06:45 PM

It is safe, I use it to store my ICO tokens and ETH.

Just ensure that you are on the correct website and that you follow their guide on how to maintain your address.

JSON key + a strong password is a good option for passwords. Still, if you want security and safety, use a hardware wallet.
Either from Ledger or Trezor.

Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:26:36 PM

Myetherwallet is very safe and easy to use at the same time. The ease of transaction on MEW is quite applaudable, I have never had issues as to using it. But, you need to be very cautious in your usage of MEW, make sure to keep your private keys safe and never release it to any 3rd party or falling victim of phishing.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:59:29 PM

Today I had trouble when I need to transfer ETH from Ledger Nano S to Binance or Bittrex.  It kept fails. Then I found article about using MEW (my ether wallet) as a solution. My question: IS IT SAFE TO USE MEW? will they be able to steal my ETH?  I know it requires hardware to send it from Ledger, but im just curious  because we open our Ledger Ethereum in their website, they could change the destination address to any address they want. anyone can answer this?  

Yes, it is safe to use MEW as long as you wont your private key to anyone and always secure it. Dont forget nor lose your private key, or else you wont be able to access it anymore.

eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:32:07 PM

MyEtherWallet is very safe. The question is, is your computer too?
Not that really the computer but the question is if the user knows how to make his computer safe from all attackers such as virus and malware attacks.

Security of MEW is safe and there's no question on it, they are even aware that they are being copied by phishers to fool those users that aren't aware about it. Being a responsible user should go to our part and whether it's MEW, jaxx, exodus or other wallets.
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:52:41 PM

Today I had trouble when I need to transfer ETH from Ledger Nano S to Binance or Bittrex.  It kept fails. Then I found article about using MEW (my ether wallet) as a solution. My question: IS IT SAFE TO USE MEW? will they be able to steal my ETH?  I know it requires hardware to send it from Ledger, but im just curious  because we open our Ledger Ethereum in their website, they could change the destination address to any address they want. anyone can answer this?  

Myetherwallet or mew is very safe to use as long as your not clicking any fishing sites where the hackers has a chance to go inside to your personal account. Just bear that in your mind that never give your private key, just simple as that. Smiley
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:38:49 AM

Yes of course it is safe bro . As long as you have your private keys stored safely . But lately there has been many phishing email being sent . Apparently , some airdrop form uses google docs as their means of storing and getting email information . So just be careful in filling up some forms in the internet . MEW is very safe , you hold your private key , therefore it is your responsibility to take care and secure it so that you wont lose your precious coins and Ether .

Wong Kalong

Activity: 377

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:38:22 AM

myethereumwallet is a secure place to store your coins to coin holders anywhere. myethereumwallet can be likened to a safe yan completely safe but are in the online world.
FinStar34900

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:45:08 AM

"My Ether Wallet" is safe to use, it is the most widely used wallet for ether, I personally use metamask, but just make sure you handle your private keys securely.   
darkie199

Activity: 294
Merit: 9

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:02:16 AM

Sorry for Bumping in a very old topic. But just want to know if it's safe to HOLD ETH for long time in MEW?
jacmaniac

Activity: 157

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:15:00 AM

I think it is safe if your computer is not infected by the virus
be careful
darkie199

Merit: 9

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:35:35 AM

I think it is safe if your computer is not infected by the virus
be careful

Thank you for your reply and help! I appreciate it. If someone else can provide some light to my question, i would be grateful Smiley
Ryanpogi

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:32:03 PM

Yes it's safe to used right now, The company sent an alert out to users soon after the attack and now says the website is working properly. So do not worry MEW. THANK YOU.
Killrbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:50:47 PM

Well i have been using it for about 2 years, and well i haven't really had any issues with it as of yet.
That being said at the end of the day it is just an interface to access the ether network, and is susceptible to the general issues of online wallets( Phishing attacks, lost passwords, hacks and so on)
But all of this can generally be avoided by following best practices when using this or any other wallet for that matter. Or you could just use a hardware wallet.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
HELLOFF

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:54:41 PM

Well i have been using it for about 2 years, and well i haven't really had any issues with it as of yet.
That being said at the end of the day it is just an interface to access the ether network, and is susceptible to the general issues of online wallets( Phishing attacks, lost passwords, hacks and so on)
But all of this can generally be avoided by following best practices when using this or any other wallet for that matter. Or you could just use a hardware wallet.
If we talk about losses or problems because of the user's inattention, then it is possible to blame any problem for the purse for crypto currency. Even a hardware purse can lose or lose pin-codes for access. In my opinion, MEW is also a very good and functional etherium purse, And most importantly, be careful not to get into phishing sites.
Oliveir

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:12:21 PM

MEW is a good wallet to start with everyone even a new Bounty hunter is new to crypto its easy and safe to use, just keep on mind that when us open your wallet you should have the '[US] ` thing on the site to avoid your account being phish...
billknight

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:32:20 PM

PERSONAL MEW is very safe. But you have to remember that it is not allowed to let anyone know your private key. Because they can easily access your wallet and steal ETH
Iamrealneha

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:02:26 PM

My Ether Wallet (MEW) Is safe but if you lost your private key then you lost all your funds this is the cons of mew but metamask is another best ethereum wallet after mew and in my opinion it's better then mew so I suggest give metamask a try you will love it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: