Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:53:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it fraud ?  (Read 456 times)
shiningstar

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:40:32 AM

It is definitely fraud, they don't need your private key in order to send airdrop to your wallet, only your address is necessary. Never tell anyone your private key jf you want your wallet to be secure. You should avoid that kind of airdrop because most of them have no value and only waste of time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gloria_16

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:49:42 AM

a secret key can only be used on the site where you registered, all the others where you require a private key just want to rob you
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:00:07 PM

I never see a project that require private key. give up this one guy. never give your private key to anyone
Faruque312

Activity: 490

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 12:00:14 PM

opps!! Don't do it, never give your private key, cause you don't know about it, cause many spam ico I see before, I don't sure its fraud or something but I don't support this.
I think now you clear.

picaszo

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 12:10:32 PM

scam detected .
never tell private key to anyone , they will steal your money
12popi123

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:40:09 PM

100% fishy.
1. look at domain name, its not top level domain its .top usually used for scammy purposes
2. for airdrop they never gonna need your private keys, with private keys they can grab your eth balance really easy. I would never ever send my private keys to anybody. These you dont want to show, this you keep in safe!
TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 01:41:40 PM

do not give anyone your private key

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
CryptoMania110

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:53:29 PM

Never never give out your private key to anyone. yes its a fraud by some scammer. Stay away mate and stay safe.
Inc_BitSquirrel

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:33:57 PM

Oh my God! Seriously? Provide us with your private key to receive an airdrop?  That is literally the most lazy scam I have ever seen. Long story short:

1. Never provide your private key to ANYBODY! NEVER! Private key is the only thing which makes you the "owner" of the funds on the wallet. If you lose it or provide it to somebody else you stop being the owner of funds stored on that wallet.

2. Airdrops might require your public key only (in other words - your Wallet Address). However, in most cases they don't need any data from you. Airdroping ICO just takes a snapshot of blockchain and send token to the addresses from that snapshot.

Be careful and good luck!
ekaterina_rum

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:42:35 PM

Hi,
Just found a token named OMDB
and they are offering airdrop but in the form they have asked for the Ethereum address and ethereum private key.
Now with the private key, can't they just hack our ethereum wallet ? i mean is there any protection left with us to stop them from taking our money ?
I am still noob in this field and i think i might b missing something here ? or i m right about them being trying to ditch us from our money ?

https://steemit-production-imageproxy-upload.s3.amazonaws.com/DQmdf9V4LAsC2UYyYfEZuHvoWoCkvC9rLp6tMSA7td8qtbR

Thanks

It's too bad, having your private key they will quietly steal your money
madgtr

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:35:14 PM

If someone is asking for your private details then its not to be trusted.
Scam imo
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 10:35:23 AM

It 100% fraud or scam, do not give your private key to anyone because they can hack or access your account with that private key.In that form they asked you to give both Ether address and Private key so by this both anyone can access your Ether account and transfer all your coin to another account.If they want to give you reward , so they need only your Ether address , why they need private key. So before giving anybody your private key think twice.

Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:37:27 AM

Actually the situation was getting complicated, never give your private key to anyone, no matter the reason, never trust anyone. Another interesting factor the site https://www.myetherwallet.com when opening incial, has an informative reminder, worth a look.
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:53:40 PM

Terrible, I'll skip it.
immediately away with this airdrop, i do not even believe he will give money. Maybe they'll steal it.
do not give anything about the key.
gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:01:03 PM

Hi,
and they are offering airdrop but in the form they have asked for the Ethereum address and ethereum private key.
Now with the private key, can't they just hack our ethereum wallet ? i mean is there any protection left with us to stop them from taking our money ?
I am still noob in this field and i think i might b missing something here ? or i m right about them being trying to ditch us from our money ?

Thanks

This is really funny thing. I have never heard about such tokens and the way they behave themselves looking like innocent funny fraud. Look at them! Don’t make the deal with such talented developers.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:33:28 PM

Hi,

Thanks
Run for your dear life, do not in any circumstance give out your private key to anybody. That airdrop is a scam airdrop for asking for your address private key. That is a pure scam.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:56:24 AM

Never give your private key! Once you give it, they can enter your wallet and take all the money. And that transaction cannot be reverted, so you will lose your money.

Looks like fraud
Looks like ? It is absolutely fraud. You have said it all and there is nothing they need the private key for than to have access to the full wallet, so the OP should better just know that now and try not to ever make a mistake like that. Also, be careful the link you open directly from your mails or anywhere as those crazy thieves are on the loose, looking for every account to pounce on.

We should learn to treat our private key like our own eyeball. Even if some people are doing airdrop, the only thing they need from us is our public address and if we ever fall for something like this, it may not even be Ethereum, it could be other asset, then we will have ourselves to blame. It is good that OP have asked as lack of information has made people to learn the hard way.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:07:41 AM

Never give your private key! Once you give it, they can enter your wallet and take all the money. And that transaction cannot be reverted, so you will lose your money.

Looks like fraud
Looks like ? It is absolutely fraud. You have said it all and there is nothing they need the private key for than to have access to the full wallet, so the OP should better just know that now and try not to ever make a mistake like that. Also, be careful the link you open directly from your mails or anywhere as those crazy thieves are on the loose, looking for every account to pounce on.

We should learn to treat our private key like our own eyeball. Even if some people are doing airdrop, the only thing they need from us is our public address and if we ever fall for something like this, it may not even be Ethereum, it could be other asset, then we will have ourselves to blame. It is good that OP have asked as lack of information has made people to learn the hard way.

Isn't it even obvious? Does he need a soothsayer to tell him it is fraud already? Pssss! PRIVATE! That is what they call it. If it was meant to be public, then the word private would not even have been used.
banake

Activity: 109

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:10:29 AM

Never give anyone your private key even your wife
You will lost control if you lost private key
So this is fraud 100%
Be carefully
Doctor.Strange

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:12:10 AM

Lmao, man learn something about crypto before you gonna take part in it.

They asking your private keys to steal your funds.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: