Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:27:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it fraud ?  (Read 456 times)
5thFear (OP)

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 07:23:44 AM

Hi,
Just found a token named OMDB
and they are offering airdrop but in the form they have asked for the Ethereum address and ethereum private key.
Now with the private key, can't they just hack our ethereum wallet ? i mean is there any protection left with us to stop them from taking our money ?
I am still noob in this field and i think i might b missing something here ? or i m right about them being trying to ditch us from our money ?

Thanks
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nix_7878

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:02:48 AM

Hi,
and they are offering airdrop but in the form they have asked for the Ethereum address and ethereum private key.
Now with the private key, can't they just hack our ethereum wallet ? i mean is there any protection left with us to stop them from taking our money ?
I am still noob in this field and i think i might b missing something here ? or i m right about them being trying to ditch us from our money ?

Thanks

They asked for your "ethereum private key", they want to access your wallet address never give it to them, if they got your private key they have the full control to your wallet and possibly you will lose everything in your wallet, just don't give it to them it is a fraud.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:06:58 AM

You need to understand that for an airdrop or a bounty campaign or whatever reason, they do not need your private key, only your ETH address if it is an ERC20 token.
So in this case, you can be sure it is a scam.
As everyone said, never give your private key.
happybitcoinph

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:10:45 AM

Once you see an obvious shit then it's an automatic scam.

Asking private key is a shit thing to asked in airdrop forms so good thing you have common sense.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:57:09 AM

Hi,
Thanks
It is obviously a scam, your private key is important because if anyone gets it they can access everything inside your wallet (tokens and Ethereum) and take it all from you. Think of this, why do people need to provide their private key if the developers of this project only need your Ethereum address to be able to send airdrop tokens to you? that is stupid and definitely a fraud. People that fall in this kind of scam don't know the importance of private key and you as a noob in this field you should never join those kind of airdrops at any time. Yes it is a free but why would you sacrifice all tokens that is stored in your wallet for just a worthless one.
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:04:17 AM

It's too bad, having your private key they will quietly steal your money. You have become a victim of deception. Never give your private keys to anyone.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
uylvlprx

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:11:06 AM

Must not hand over the private key, must not hand over the private key.
You provide the URL is a liar URL, do not believe it!
Red Lanterns

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:18:01 AM

Your private key will give them an access to your wallet and ability to get money out. Never give anybody your private key!

❤️🍓💋Your Guide to Sexual Education and Freedom 💑🍒💌
👉🏻 RED LANTERNS 👈🏻
Onepager White paper Telegram chat Ann Thread
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:18:36 AM

perfectly scam, do not give your private key or you are the real risk taker that always ready to lose your eth or the tokens inside your wallet

escrow4acc

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 10:19:12 AM

Never give your private key to anyone.
This is your personal information.
You do not leave your wallet at the bus stop or on the bench in the subway just because you are asked to do it? Here is the same.
Moreover, I recommend that you store your tokens on the hardware wallet.

SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:24:09 AM

Like many suggested above, with private key of your ETH address they can move anything you will have on that address in later on or you have right now.

To send any airdrop token your ETH address will be enough so any other project will also ask for your private key in future than you can say they are only there to steal your ETH and tokens.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:28:42 AM

Yes, it is definitely a scam. Never ever give away your private key. If they have this, they can empty your wallet.

Applechild

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:42:51 AM

I have not seen any airdrop or bounty campaign that will ask for your ether private key rather the right thing to ask for is your ether public key. It’s like asking for your bank account details and then asks that you give them your pin or password along with it. Looks like a scam. One just needs to be a little careful. The good thing is that the forum is available to ask question for clarification so one doesn’t become victim of such situations. People are busy working to make something meaning and other set of people are busy scamming
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:52:03 AM

indeed they are scammers and they are trying to setal your money

not at all there is no chance that you can still protect your wallet if you have given someone your privte key.

you can as any question in this fourm people will try their best to help you. i am glad that you have asked this question and now your wallet is safe

Thanks

Crown1

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:52:49 AM

All the empty shots that need to be provided are fraudulent. Please don't believe it, and report the thread. No one has the right to get your private key.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
bazar111

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:56:41 AM

Of course fraud ). Donnot tell you private keys to anybody, and donnot enter them on fishing sites.
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:08:32 AM

Most likely the airdrop is a scam,Especially for now the average airdrop project has limited the number of members who want to join in it,Then avoid the form we want to enter the key wallet.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:08:52 AM

Never ever provide your private keys to anyone, if someone is asking that for an airdrop or giveaway they are definitely trying to steal your funds.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Kryptogenie

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:15:45 AM

It is definitely a fraud because there is no need of asking for private key. You should only provide you Ethereum address and not the private key at any place.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:19:17 AM

It should be clear to everyone that whoever asks for your private key, is up to no good. Your private key is your personal key, and no one elses.
By the looks of it, it could be a scam, but further research is needed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: