Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:43:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Hold 100 Cryptocurrencies for 5 Years – Official Thread  (Read 2421 times)
Anthony1985 (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:22:02 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 06:34:35 PM by Anthony1985

Hello Everyone,

I started an experiment on cryptocurrencies and I will be posting on this thread the updates.

As the title says the experiment consists of buying the top 100 cryptocurrencies by market cap and holding them for 5 years. I spent $1000 and bought $10 of each.

You can see the main article about the experiment from https://buyandhold100crypto.com/buy-and-hold-100-crypto-for-5-years-the-experiment/

The latest article was made yesterday, where after 10 days the gain on the initial investment was doubled Day 10

Feel free to suggest me anything

Thanks a lot

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:50:42 PM

It's a very interesting project imo. Try to keep us in touch as often as you can. I think you should make and show a list of these coins because the top11-100 is very changeable.
lokinator

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:58:18 PM

This is a cool idea and will be very interesting in the future assuming everything is properly documented. Also, I am not sure why you have two threads for the same thing in the same category. That is a quick way to anger moderators, which will surely effect your overall goals for the project.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:03:57 PM

This is a cool idea and will be very interesting in the future assuming everything is properly documented. Also, I am not sure why you have two threads for the same thing in the same category. That is a quick way to anger moderators, which will surely effect your overall goals for the project.

This is the official one, from now on I will only post here the updates.
foggywhite007

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:08:21 PM

Stupid idea. In 5 years half of Konnov what we know may not be in the crypts. You need to keep abreast of what to do to try. Otherwise you may Wake up in 5 years and 100 000 and no...
PS look at the coins that grow all summer greatly decreased. I have RNS, IFT, NTRN, RAIN, ADC

jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:21:48 PM

For five years you can invest money only in bitcoin all the other altcoyins are very dangerous to keep for so long. But the experiment is interesting, I will follow the results.
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:34:41 PM

It's a very interesting project imo. Try to keep us in touch as often as you can. I think you should make and show a list of these coins because the top11-100 is very changeable.

There is already a list of all of them Smiley

https://buyandhold100crypto.com/my-100-cryptocurrencies/
won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 01:36:51 PM

Wow, five years is long time guys. Maybe after five years ago you will be millionaire if you hol 100 cryptocurrency. Be patient guys to be millionaire Smiley

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
solace89

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:41:21 PM

Hello Everyone,

I started an experiment on cryptocurrencies and I will be posting on this thread the updates.

As the title says the experiment consists of buying the top 100 cryptocurrencies by market cap and holding them for 5 years. I spent $1000 and bought $10 of each.

You can see the main article about the experiment from Here

The latest article was made yesterday, where after 10 days the gain on the initial investment was doubled Day 10

Thanks a lot
this is a great idea, will do 1st 20 coins with 5$ on each for a start
thedec4

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Early Funders Registration: monartis.com

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:45:15 PM

Brilliant idea! some of those coins could go up massively and give you massive returns.. especially the ones which are sub $1 as you'll have more coins whereas up the tree you'll have little parts of the coins. But looks good and ill keep an eye on this!

Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:03:48 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thanks a lot
this is a great idea, will do 1st 20 coins with 5$ on each for a start

keep in mind that some exchanges won't let you buy $5 of it.
coineye

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:10:31 PM

I saw title of this thread and wanted to do also) thanks for idea!

◈   SOCIALMEDIA.MARKET      BLOCKCHAIN BASED Influencer Marketing Platform
ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▰   TOKEN SALE : 09 February - 16 March   
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:17:38 PM

Stupid idea. In 5 years half of Konnov what we know may not be in the crypts. You need to keep abreast of what to do to try. Otherwise you may Wake up in 5 years and 100 000 and no...
PS look at the coins that grow all summer greatly decreased. I have RNS, IFT, NTRN, RAIN, ADC

This is an experiment made for fun, it's not done to make a profit. The coins could reach a huge value or die,that won't matter to me.
Shaofalova

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 02:50:43 PM

Amazing idea, good luck to you.. Wish you will be millionaire after 5 years!

nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:53:02 PM

It's not a good experiment at all, and it is nonsense. It is like a investing in all cryptocurrency market  Roll Eyes you may be well off probably, but it is not interesting.

penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:56:47 PM

Im keen to follow a similar path, save having to do analysis for coin picking  Grin

Was there an easy way to identify all the exchanges to cover the 100?  Or is it click through each one on CMC?  Undecided

Will you do any quarterly/annual review on the coins held?  The 100 will look different by the end of the 2018 (it will be different by the end of the day...).

ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:59:41 PM

I really enjoy these kind of experiments. I don't think it will work (crypto has passed that beginner era so you won't make millions by investing blindly,) But I think it will somehow show good coins..

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Partizanai

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:01:51 PM

I think you should reduce 100 cryptocurrencies to 10 and you will be solid, just pick promising ones not just random ones, read white papper, check social media , do some research on it, and your investment will pay off
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:03:26 PM

Im keen to follow a similar path, save having to do analysis for coin picking  Grin

Was there an easy way to identify all the exchanges to cover the 100?  Or is it click through each one on CMC?  Undecided

Will you do any quarterly/annual review on the coins held?  The 100 will look different by the end of the 2018 (it will be different by the end of the day...).

It wasn't hard, I made first a list of all the coins I was going to buy and then from CMC picked the exchanges I'd use.

I'm making daily small reports for now and weekly accurate ones.
SKAHYA

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:08:12 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 03:31:20 PM by SKAHYA

Hello Everyone,

Thanks a lot

Excellent idea. I wanted to do the same, not as an experiment but as a real investment. As with stock pickings, it is also difficult to pick cryptos, so as people buy the S&P and Nasdaq indices, you should also buy a crypto index but that is not available at the moment. This won't make you 1000000% but it will give you a nice steady return, with very limited downside, as long as the crypto market does not totally crash.

One suggestion I would have, which you have to do anyway with a 5 year span, is to periodically rebalance the portfolio, say every quarter. So you sell the ones that are not in top 100 any more and you buy the ones that replaced them. This is what any stock market indices too. You may want to weight your investments by market cap as well, as SP500 Index does, but doing it equal weight is also absolutely fine.

Two questions I have are:
- How did you manage to buy all of them? Did you have to open account in like 6-7 exchanges and pay lots of fees to move money around?
- The table you have on your website is very neat with unrealized gain etc, is that something you did or is there a website that we can use too?

Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: