Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:53:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Hold 100 Cryptocurrencies for 5 Years – Official Thread  (Read 2422 times)
Anthony1985 (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:50:49 PM

That was a good timing, you should've made some profit already.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:52:14 PM

Your experiment is really interesting. Honestly i have the similar strategy with your experiment. I bought 8 altcoins outside top 100 cmc with my 0.02 BTC (0.0025 BTC for each altcoin) and hodl them for 1 year (started from november 2017). I don't want to sell them until november 2018 eventhough the price occasionally skyrocketing during that period.

Good luck on your experiment and thank you for sharing your experiment.

Thanks a lot, so you won't sell if one of your coins is mooning? or if it's going to die as bitconnect?

After one month I already lost one coin, BCC
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:18:15 PM

Actually I think, that five years is too long period for this action. May be it will be more useful to buy tokens on ICO presaeles, after what in half of year analyze their growing, and then the most suitable option will be selling not growing and half of risen, to buy new  tokens again. But it's only my opinion for this question, so generally idea will produce a profit if you will use it right.
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:41:58 PM

such investment takes courage because of the high risk, if the plan is successful it will be a big profit but if the investment price of coins down or burned then we will lose big

DmitriySar

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:17:30 AM

Interesting experiment. I'm watching your results. Has added a site in bookmarks. 5 years it's really long
tutanotski

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:39:59 AM

Yes an interesting project cryptocurrencies have good future with their promising technologies that other industries doesn't have once the mass adoption kicks in most probably your investment will gains a lot. I will be following your journey and i wish you best of luck!
$ta81

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:15:25 PM

Your experiment is really interesting. Honestly i have the similar strategy with your experiment. I bought 8 altcoins outside top 100 cmc with my 0.02 BTC (0.0025 BTC for each altcoin) and hodl them for 1 year (started from november 2017). I don't want to sell them until november 2018 eventhough the price occasionally skyrocketing during that period.

Thanks a lot, so you won't sell if one of your coins is mooning? or if it's going to die as bitconnect?

I, too, adhere to the same strategy. but only not for such a long period, 5 years of course this is very much. If the coin has made several X's, do you still hold it or buy other coins from this profit?
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:51:08 PM

Week 7 – $1726 USD Gained

It’s the 7th week since the experiment started and I’m still here! 🙂 The more time I spend checking the experiment and the more I realize how crazy and unstable It’s going to be.
In these past weeks, a lot happened, from the South Korean ban, The Re-ban from China, CME but also some good news, as the long waited Lighintg Network, which allows Bitcoin to be transferred in a few seconds and with very low fees.

Bitcoin (BTC) price is at the moment $11,298.30 USD.  and the dominance is of 34.5%, a little improvement compared to the previous weeks.
The unrealized gain of the experiment is $1,726.46 USD or 0.15 BTC.

Only 11 Cryptocurrencies are in minus since the beginning of the experiment and 3 of them have a gain of over 1000%.

With an overall gain of 172.6 %, the 100 cryptocurrencies together (CryptoETF100) performed better than 72 cryptos from the ones I have.

To continue read the Article: https://buyandhold100crypto.com/week-7-1726-usd-gained/

joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:06:20 PM

such investment takes courage because of the high risk, if the plan is successful it will be a big profit but if the investment price of coins down or burned then we will lose big
That what I call fun. I like to invest in areas where the risk is high because of the emotion...the money can only do so much.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:13:26 PM

I, too, adhere to the same strategy. but only not for such a long period, 5 years of course this is very much. If the coin has made several X's, do you still hold it or buy other coins from this profit?

Selling before the time is not allowed, I already lost one coin on the way, and I just started. Really interested to see how all this ends up
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:14:19 PM

That what I call fun. I like to invest in areas where the risk is high because of the emotion...the money can only do so much.

Same here, to be honest I would be bored to keep only one crypto and do nothing with it Smiley

I like to find new coins and learn about them, so the experiment is perfect for it.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:16:32 PM

Hello Everyone,

I started an experiment on cryptocurrencies and I will be posting on this thread the updates.

As the title says the experiment consists of buying the top 100 cryptocurrencies by market cap and holding them for 5 years. I spent $1000 and bought $10 of each.

You can see the main article about the experiment from https://buyandhold100crypto.com/buy-and-hold-100-crypto-for-5-years-the-experiment/

The latest article was made yesterday, where after 10 days the gain on the initial investment was doubled Day 10

Feel free to suggest me anything

Thanks a lot

this is a very good idea I will also follow your way, I like the way you are saving and using long term trading method. hopefully the coin I bought is not deleted or entered into the list of coin delete in the market.
$ta81

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:40:44 PM

Selling before the time is not allowed, I already lost one coin on the way, and I just started. Really interested to see how all this ends up

I understand you, the experiment is interesting and I'll be watching you. I wish you that no more coins were lost and it lasted as long as possible.
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:18:09 PM

Looking at the reports of your EXPERIMENT, I'd like to start the same too, like 1,726$  profit in just 7 weeks is really great.
The cryptocurrencies you've chosen definitely are really interesting. Most of them are solely made for long term investment. Tron, cardano, ox have a lot of potential and traders are making good out of these cryptocurrencies and so are we.
All the best.
Vladimirych

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:49:58 PM

It's a very interesting experiment. If I have extra money ,I will definitely follow your example. I am sure in the success of this project, as the crypto market will only grow.
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:34:41 PM

Hello Everyone,

I started an experiment on cryptocurrencies and I will be posting on this thread the updates.

As the title says the experiment consists of buying the top 100 cryptocurrencies by market cap and holding them for 5 years. I spent $1000 and bought $10 of each.

You can see the main article about the experiment from https://buyandhold100crypto.com/buy-and-hold-100-crypto-for-5-years-the-experiment/

The latest article was made yesterday, where after 10 days the gain on the initial investment was doubled Day 10

Feel free to suggest me anything

Thanks a lot

this is a very good idea I will also follow your way, I like the way you are saving and using long term trading method. hopefully the coin I bought is not deleted or entered into the list of coin delete in the market.

It's really going to be an interesting journey. Nowadays there are so many new great cryptos, it's going to be  fascinating to see the cryptos that will survive.
Anthony1985 (OP)

Tic.eth

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:37:03 PM

Looking at the reports of your EXPERIMENT, I'd like to start the same too, like 1,726$  profit in just 7 weeks is really great.
The cryptocurrencies you've chosen definitely are really interesting. Most of them are solely made for long term investment. Tron, cardano, ox have a lot of potential and traders are making good out of these cryptocurrencies and so are we.
All the best.

Thanks a lot.

I was lucky to have Tron ,cardano , Vechain, ox on my cryptos. As of now those look like the most promising one
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:46:20 PM

Well, i think you should have reduced that to like 10 0r 20 instead of that 100 of yours. Apparently, investing in just 10 0r so would have yield quick profits in less than a year or more in which you get some doughs quickly to get some other deals done. Instead of you investing meagerly on those 100 coins of yours, you suppose to have consulted people that have gained quite a whole lot of experiences in this field. However, i am not against what you have done, as you said earlier that it is an experiment, I sincerely wish you good luck and great success.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 04:53:57 PM

I don't think that you need to buy and hold 100 cryptocurrencies. If you have got a lot of money then you can buy not 100 but several 100. But in $1000 budget, I think 15 or 20 cryptocurrencies would be enough. Just do your own research and buy high prospect coins and hold for several years.

Zandar

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:12:46 PM

There is a huge risk and problem in holding cryptocurrencies for 5 years. You cannot just buy them and leave it like that and look back at it 5 years later. Because some crypto get swapped, changed, forked into a new version etc. And if you miss out on that you have lsot those coins. Like when an alt coin swaps the dev gives notice about this, the exchanges even give notice to take your coins out to do the swap or will do the swap for you. The dev gives a time period when the swap will take place and until when you can swap through him. So if you look at your coins 5 years later and realise some of them have been swapped like 2-3 years ago, don't think the dev will still swap for you, chances are high the dev is allready long gone from that coin towards something else ages ago as well. So when you go into crypto it is best to at least check up news about your coins once per week.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: