Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:01:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking the Ground Loop on a Riser  (Read 126 times)
Shattered - Gamer (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:11:15 AM

I want to break the ground loop on my Riser. My idea is to use the riser stated below, or the best current on the market if anyone has suggestions, then use the ifi's ground loop isolotar and external power source.  The card im using soley runs off M-B power.  Ifi ground loop isolator is a male/female usb adapter that breaks the ground and offers a clean external power supply in replace of the + - line on the USB.  I just want to make sure its a normal usb 3.0 cable with the standard data, +- power, and ground layout.

I already have the ifi ground loop isolator so I just figured use it as a really clean power supply.  I've been problem solving my build for 2 months, I can only describe it as radio active. If you put a headphone 3.5mm jack anywhere on the case or MB you will hear a loud hum in the headset.  Im not sure if its just from the GPU's causing distortion but I've tried soo many options.

This is all data mining hardware related. But to explain motives its to get the sound working on my build.  Even the mic port is killed by static. I even used a old sound card on a riser and mother board with no help. The iFi ground loop isolator breaks and "cleans" the ground loop for the whole circuit, so the riser is really the only way to introduce a ground loop filter into my m-b circuit. Even if it doesnt work for my Sound Card it may make my on-board audio usable again if I use it going to a blank riser. Plus w/e is causing the massive hum thru-out my system cant be good.

Theres a variety of other product I could use as a break in USB3.0 to filter like the jitterbug and ifi isilencer.

I apologize if this thread is off topic. Everything relates hardware rise, but if it gets the boot I understand.

EXPLOMOS Latest PCI-E Express Cable 1X TO 16X Graphics Extension Ethereum ETH Mining Powered Riser Adapter Card, 60cm USB 3.0 Cable, 4 Solid Capacitors (VER 008S, 1-Pack)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:47:15 AM

Try moving this thread to the Altcoin mining section:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0

This area is Bitcoin mining only. No GPU info located here.

Goodluck!!!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Shattered - Gamer (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:33:36 PM

Thank U!!!!
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:25:19 PM

I want to break the ground loop on my Riser. My idea is to use the riser stated below, or the best current on the market if anyone has suggestions, then use the ifi's ground loop isolotar and external power source.  The card im using soley runs off M-B power.  Ifi ground loop isolator is a male/female usb adapter that breaks the ground and offers a clean external power supply in replace of the + - line on the USB.  I just want to make sure its a normal usb 3.0 cable with the standard data, +- power, and ground layout.

I already have the ifi ground loop isolator so I just figured use it as a really clean power supply.  I've been problem solving my build for 2 months, I can only describe it as radio active. If you put a headphone 3.5mm jack anywhere on the case or MB you will hear a loud hum in the headset.  Im not sure if its just from the GPU's causing distortion but I've tried soo many options.

This is all data mining hardware related. But to explain motives its to get the sound working on my build.  Even the mic port is killed by static. I even used a old sound card on a riser and mother board with no help. The iFi ground loop isolator breaks and "cleans" the ground loop for the whole circuit, so the riser is really the only way to introduce a ground loop filter into my m-b circuit. Even if it doesnt work for my Sound Card it may make my on-board audio usable again if I use it going to a blank riser. Plus w/e is causing the massive hum thru-out my system cant be good.

Theres a variety of other product I could use as a break in USB3.0 to filter like the jitterbug and ifi isilencer.

I apologize if this thread is off topic. Everything relates hardware rise, but if it gets the boot I understand.

EXPLOMOS Latest PCI-E Express Cable 1X TO 16X Graphics Extension Ethereum ETH Mining Powered Riser Adapter Card, 60cm USB 3.0 Cable, 4 Solid Capacitors (VER 008S, 1-Pack)

first off miners don't give a shit about sound, secondly build a dedicated mining rig instead. thirdly get a better gpu to mine with, any gpu that's powered solely by the motherboard is crap for mining

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: