Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:51:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Curecoin beta pool test - user limit lifted - Lets hit the Mile Stone 1200R  (Read 12822 times)
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 04:53:36 AM

Been LOVING this so far, glad I can do useful work for once with my computing power.

Anyhow, what does 'CDC' stand for, and what type of coin address should I put into the payout address? Cheers Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dudeami

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:01:20 AM

Yea F@H hates my computers.

My 6950s/5850s only get 7k PPD per card now on Work Unit 8900 on Core_17.

I did try Core_16 but I don't remember my PPD.

It doesn't hate your computers, it hates your graphics cards :p AMDs are known to give less PPD than nVidia cards (hence the nVidia giveaway and not AMD).

Been LOVING this so far, glad I can do useful work for once with my computing power.

Anyhow, what does 'CDC' stand for, and what type of coin address should I put into the payout address? Cheers Smiley

Pretty sure it stands for "Center for Disease Control", also glad you're loving it!

Put your heart on the line, it determines your fate.
BTC: 1DUDEAMiV54PFJFSe5fen3wr1e71unkaGj
CryptoBullion

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:35:26 AM

registration cap has been raised on pool, payout increased too!

http://75.134.182.16:10506/

come sign up and do some folding!

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
hope2907

Activity: 432

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:43:01 AM

can you make workuint of F@H become a block chain?
i mean
for example
i install wallet
it will get newest work from F@H server
i recived it
my wallet send bit to block chain let everyone know this is in work
it get other work for others
after time i broadcast to block chian that my work finish -> send to f@h server

i get coin, and start again form begining?
CryptoBullion

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:58:39 AM

can you make workuint of F@H become a block chain?
i mean
for example
i install wallet
it will get newest work from F@H server
i recived it
my wallet send bit to block chain let everyone know this is in work
it get other work for others
after time i broadcast to block chian that my work finish -> send to f@h server

i get coin, and start again form begining?

search for the [ann] curecoin thread, there is a pdf there that has some work someone did... its kinda hard to decipher... What the curecoin team has concluded is that folding in a block chain is probably years away, unless ( cygnus hopes for ) an establised university adopts the idea and puts their smartest people on it to make it happen. I believe that is one of the key points behind curecoin, is to encourage further advancements of the same kind.

i have to admit the idea of a university making an advanced curecoin with folding in the blockchain sounds like it could be freaking amazing. most alt coin dev teams consist of one or two people, imagine an entire group of universities working to perfect the coin.

and i havent forgot to adjust your user id in the system... just been working on this code for soo many hours.... 4 am here now.. might have to look into the fix tomorrow morn

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:48:17 AM

It doesn't hate your computers, it hates your graphics cards :p AMDs are known to give less PPD than nVidia cards (hence the nVidia giveaway and not AMD).

Yea I know nVidia has the edge on this but on the other forums, according to other users Work Unit 8901 gave AMD 6950 users around 45k PPD per card on Core_17 (client-type=beta). I can't get the 8901 WU or anywhere near those PPD rates.
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:14:04 AM

oh, some balance showed up already. I'll install Globalcoin today to test it Smiley

Is there anything else to do right now apart from running the FaH client? Also what do the stats in the pools page mean? Are there blocks that can be found? or does that refer to WU of FaH?
Krusher33

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:13:15 PM

Yea I know nVidia has the edge on this but on the other forums, according to other users Work Unit 8901 gave AMD 6950 users around 45k PPD per card on Core_17 (client-type=beta). I can't get the 8901 WU or anywhere near those PPD rates.

It's now client type advanced.  Not beta.

And folding no longer HATES AMD.  My 7970 can do 120K PPD.
yeltz

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:43:17 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 06:29:21 PM by yeltz

I'm soooooo stoked to see this. I actually emailed Professor Pande @ Stanford last month suggesting this kind of possibility (he replied linking me to bitcoin-based work that was already underway at Stanford.

Anyway, I'm totally in, hopefully folding as YLTYZ in the group/pool.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

apbyte

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:46:57 PM

Hi CryptoBullion

Not sure if this is relevant or means anything.

About 2 hours ago I got my big project finished and published in folding online stats. This hasn't yet changed my stats in pool. Maybe stats collector or something is off?
r3animation

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:52:16 PM

Yup using the client-type=advanced tag but it just doesn't want to work. Sad

I guess I'm doing something wrong somewhere. Even my tray icon has disappeared.
Krusher33

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:55:21 PM

How's the GPU usage?
r3animation

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:46:04 PM

How's the GPU usage?

All at 100%.
dudeami

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:35:01 PM

Good to hear they worked out AMDs performance issues, *almost* makes me want to install windows :p Too bad AMD doesn't care much about linux.

CryptoBullion

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:55:30 PM

I think i have enough info to help build the folding payout system, but until we reach the "milestone" mark with the curecoin team im afraid we will have to stick to the Plan B, or Plan C for now....

HRM..... if we could just hit that mile stone....

Plan B and C was CDC coin... (not cloud coin)

I think with the current increase... plus add better payout to the current folding test run... We might be able to hit the mark we need really soon.

What is this milestone im talking about? better access granted to stats for folding teams with a rank of 1200 or better.

sometimes this access can be given if the team is raising ranks fast. currently expected to pass almost 200 teams in 7 days .. at rank ~2800 now

I think waiting for rank 1200 or till access given to extended stats is the way to go... but we will see i guess.

this is not nessacary just my 2 cents... i can build the 2nd phase of the code based around the better stat system (already started it), and hopefully make it an easy update. The minimal system is pretty much built ( the pieces of it... just need to put it all together )

Also i have in the works a PPS / PPP style pay system... i think the pplns system is a great way to encourage people to stick with folding because it will take almost a week to build to full pplns benefit.

yeltz

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:54:36 PM

I'm kind of confused, guys.
Right now I've got my 7850 folding and it's looking like I'm getting ~4100ppd....
Is there another client I'm supposed to be using? A setting I missed somewhere?

dudeami

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:13:12 PM

Right now I've got my 7850 folding and it's looking like I'm getting ~4100ppd....

Version 7.3.6 is the newest, should be fine. Also note that PPD will vary depending on the project/core, so please report that as well.

yeltz

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:43:26 PM

Version 7.3.6 is the newest, should be fine. Also note that PPD will vary depending on the project/core, so please report that as well.

I am indeed on 7.3.6, The CPU is an Athlon 640.
I'm not sure that it was necessary, but I also added the "client type / advanced" to the GPU slot.
How I long for the days the cgminer confused me.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=yltyz

I've had things up and running for some time now, does the client need to complete whatever work it's doing to report? Looks like I'll be waiting another five hours or so.

dudeami

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:47:46 PM

I'm not sure that it was necessary, but I also added the "client type / advanced" to the GPU slot.

The client-type=advanced is just to use Core_17, the newest F@H core for GPUs (its not ready for public consumption, think of this as an open beta). This shouldn't be an issue unless your getting a WU that has some issues. The best place to resolve this would be at http://foldingforum.org/.

Also note that bonus points don't start counting until 10 completed WUs have been turned in, and you need a pass key! http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-passkey/

yeltz

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:56:51 PM

The client-type=advanced is just to use Core_17, the newest F@H core for GPUs (its not ready for public consumption, think of this as an open beta). This shouldn't be an issue unless your getting a WU that has some issues. The best place to resolve this would be at http://foldingforum.org/.

Also note that bonus points don't start counting until 10 completed WUs have been turned in, and you need a pass key! http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-passkey/

Thank's friend, I'll poke around there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: