Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:22:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitWatch - A mining pool watch app for Symbian made in Qt  (Read 6071 times)
Matoking (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 08:23:26 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2011, 03:30:23 PM by Matoking

I've been developing this little application in Qt to get myself introduced to the C++ language and the Qt framework. While Qt allows the application to be compiled very easily for other platforms like Maemo and MeeGo, for now it's only for Symbian (I don't have a Maemo or a MeeGo phone)

Hopefully someone will find it useful. Smiley

BitWatch allows you to receive mining pool stats such as confirmed rewards, number of shares on the current round, unconfirmed rewards and (hopefully in future) more! It also allows you to save your Bitcoin address which you can copy to your clipboard with a single tap in case you would need it somewhere.

The application should be functional for now, but I'm still looking at refreshing the UI and probably recoding the application in Qt Quick, which is necessary to support MeeGo.

Features :

- Shows personal mining pool stats such as confirmed rewards, share count, unconfirmed rewards. Supported stats differ between mining pools, bug the mining pool administrator if something is missing ("Not provided")
- Refresh interval can be configured
- Bitcoin address can be saved and copied to the clipboard easily

Supported mining pools :

- slush's pool
- deepbit
- BTC Guild
- Mt. Red

Screenshots :

Downloads :

BitWatch requires Qt 4.7.3 libraries to be installed in order to run. The libraries will be automatically downloaded and installed if needed.

Download BitWatch v0.5 for Symbian^3
http://www.mediafire.com/?olcbao1c6m011c6

Download BitWatch v0.5 for Symbian^1/S60V5
http://www.mediafire.com/?fyjt6hvve6e65w8

Changelist :

v. 0.5
Initial release

Known issues :

- Phones such as Nokia E6 have different screen resolutions, meaning the application won't fill the whole screen.
- If you start the application in landscape, the application background may look a bit glitched on certain themes

Donations :

If you find this application useful, feel free to donate Bitcoins to :
1M8Xa6crWwrymzUayCML1MJGqjF4JdGHHx

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 03:54:05 AM

You Rock!! Works great on my C7  Grin

Yannick

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 09:54:10 PM

I'd love to get this working on my Nokia N97 Mini!

The problem is; when I run installation, I see a bar with the text: "Preparing installation", but nothing happens, doesn't matter how long I wait.

So I'm wondering if it's my phone or an issue with the installation file?

However, great job dude!

Matoking (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2011, 04:08:43 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2011, 04:29:36 PM by Matoking

I'd love to get this working on my Nokia N97 Mini!

The problem is; when I run installation, I see a bar with the text: "Preparing installation", but nothing happens, doesn't matter how long I wait.

So I'm wondering if it's my phone or an issue with the installation file?

However, great job dude!
It could be a problem with the Qt installation.

Try downloading a Qt app that uses Qt 4.7.3 from Ovi Store and try again. Or try finding Qt 4.7.3 libraries for Symbian^1 by googling and installing them, although you have to be more careful when installing the libraries that way.

I could also try compiling the application without the Smart Installer or with 4.6 libs instead, but I won't be home until the weekend.

EDIT :

BitWatch v. 0.5 for Symbian^1 without Smart Installer
http://www.mediafire.com/?1mu70tcavzy0zin

Use this if you have problems installing the application.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
ercolinux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2011, 08:50:27 PM

Nice software. Are you thinking of make pool customizable? I dig in a small pool and I like to monitor it with my smartphone.

Bitrated user: ercolinux.
Matoking (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 08:57:09 AM

I'm currently developing a new app that has a better UI and eWallet and Mt. Gox trade exchange information compatibility. (I am also planning to make it open-source) It should supersede this app once it's done.

I can however easily add any pool to this app if the pool has a JSON API, just PM me with details and I'll add it in.

Bitcoin-otc
ercolinux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 09:19:44 AM

I'm currently developing a new app that has a better UI and eWallet and Mt. Gox trade exchange information compatibility. (I am also planning to make it open-source) It should supersede this app once it's done.
That's fantastic :-) I just find out that there is no ewallet for symbian. And if you do it opensource is even better.

I can however easily add any pool to this app if the pool has a JSON API, just PM me with details and I'll add it in.

You've a PM

Bitrated user: ercolinux.
Matoking (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2011, 10:15:51 AM

UI in the new application will be coded in QML, which should allow for better scalability, such as resolution independence.

At the moment I'm trying to figure my way through the QML's signal system, but after that's done with, the rest of the stuff should be far easier to do. Smiley

I will be using InstaWallet as the eWallet service.

Bitcoin-otc
naypalm
Legendary

howdy

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2011, 07:07:36 AM

This is kind of thinking a bit into the future, but once you get a good foothold into the UI and features, would you be willing to add QR/NFC support (for reading bitcoin addresses)?
Let me know if you need some Dev links on NFC Wink

Matoking (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2011, 04:15:09 PM

This is kind of thinking a bit into the future, but once you get a good foothold into the UI and features, would you be willing to add QR/NFC support (for reading bitcoin addresses)?
Let me know if you need some Dev links on NFC Wink

Well, at first I would need an API that's capable of generating and detecting QR codes, and so far I haven't found one.

NFC on the other hand could be very possible, but I don't have a NFC capable device to test with (C7 also seems to be Nokia's only NFC capable device so far), so I'll probably need some voluntary testers to try it out when I have (tried) implementing it.

Then there's the possibility of using Bluetooth...

But at first, I'll just make a working application. Smiley The only thing I'm having problems with at the moment is the Qt Creator managing to break Qt Quick component imports, which makes coding in QML a lot more annoying.

Bitcoin-otc
naypalm
Legendary

howdy

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 03:14:53 PM

Here's kind of a bug report: I've noticed that since slushes move to https that the App seems to crash.  Embarrassed

Matoking (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 03:19:48 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2011, 03:31:11 PM by Matoking

Here's kind of a bug report: I've noticed that since slushes move to https that the App seems to crash.  Embarrassed
Try the cuteCoin here if you are running on Symbian^3 :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35228.0

It should be a trivial change, so it should take just a moment to fix. Tongue

EDIT :
Okay, I've updated the binaries :
Symbian^3 : http://www.mediafire.com/?olcbao1c6m011c6
Symbian^1 aka S60V5 : http://www.mediafire.com/?fyjt6hvve6e65w8

cuteCoin has the same problem, I'll update it in a few moments too.

Bitcoin-otc
naypalm
Legendary

howdy

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 07:14:57 PM

That's what I figured, I totally didn't know about your ewallet so I'll definitely give it a workout. Thanks for updating  Cheesy

Matoking (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 07:22:05 PM

It also has mining pool statistics like BitWatch although I apparently haven't made it clear.

Bitcoin-otc
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 07:40:20 PM

I installed this on my Nokia 5800:
BitWatch v. 0.5 for Symbian^1 without Smart Installer
http://www.mediafire.com/?1mu70tcavzy0zin

but when I click Update now it says: Failed to retrieve miner data.

In options I have put my Bitcoin address, selected Deepbit and put the API Key from https://deepbit.net/settings

What's wrong?
Matoking (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2011, 12:26:20 PM

It's working correctly here, are you sure the API key is absolutely correct, capitalization and everything?

Bitcoin-otc
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 04:23:01 PM

It's working correctly here, are you sure the API key is absolutely correct, capitalization and everything?

Yes, I copy and paste it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: