Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:25:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So Bitcoin is King.. why is it?!  (Read 1848 times)
NYONYG175

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:42:57 AM

Only bitcoin is the highest value in all other coin crypto coins so bitcoin is dominated as the king of all the coin kings by it, and the first bitcoin comes out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AteenaD

Activity: 208

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:10:03 PM

Simply because the most popular coin to trade with is BTC. All the top exchanges offer a BTC trading pair. Thus when BTC starts to move everyone starts trading out of (or into) alts via BTC. Thus the BTC economy is in many ways the crypto economy. Bitcoin is king and queen, and the other coins are at best following it.
venlo

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:29:39 PM

because so many love bitcoin and its highest price among other coins so bitcoin is the king of all coins.
nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:32:02 PM

Bitcoin is king because it's the pioneer of all cryptocurrencies in the cryptoworld. You can name any of altcoins you like but it's only bitcoin that can make your altcoins to be converted to cash. Bitcoin is the base currency of the crypto markets, thus, making bitcoin the mainstream already.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:35:06 PM

Bitcoin is ruler around here in the cryptographic money since it has the most noteworthy incentive regarding evaluating among the other elective coins, I think Altcoins are made not to outperform or take out bitcoin in the crypto world it is at present delivered to help bitcoin in its mission of cash predominance. High exchange expense you say? indeed, I say at any rate it doesn't have any esteem included assessment, or include shrouded charges, it turns out budgetary flexibility are made free I say. Everything I can state man attempt and unwind take a stab at stressing over your speculations and not at the things in which you couldn't control and simply begin accepting and having confidence on bitcoin.
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:39:45 PM

Because it can be said bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency and the first. So why you can say bitcoin is king.
Et Hereum

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:53:45 PM

Yes that's for sure. Because bitcoin is currently the most popular among the world community. Bitcoin is also one of the world's first circulating digital circulating cryptocurreny. Bitcoin prices are currently very high but unstable and unpredictable.
handini

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:54:44 PM

Because it can be said bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency and the first. So why you can say bitcoin is king.
yes so can, let alone the bitcoin is the coin that first appeared, than on the other coin-coin. so bitcoin can also be called by the nickname of king coin. because the value is also large than others.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:19:02 PM

Yes bitcoin is king, btc started all of this, ever wondered why this forum is called bitcointalk and not ethereumtalk nor even litecointalk or rippletalk? Well now you know why it is called bitcointalk. Satoshi Nakamoto and his group started the crypto world, bitcoin was released on the year 2008, while ethereum was released on year 2013, one of the main reasons why bitcoin is king is because of the longevity they have been here.
Janpura

Activity: 116

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:16:54 AM

I understand for the past years, Bitcoin has been the king of cryptos, but why is that so? I have been for several months now reading a lot about the whole crypto ecosystem, i even bought several bitcoins back in August (sold them all today, for 4x returns and am keeping all the money in the broker account, and maybe i'll buy BTC again just as soon as i manage to retrieve my belief in BTCs future viability -i am trying really hard).

Enough background, now on to the topic at hand. I am now all too familiar with the challenges BTC has in front of it, and i sincerely can't see a solution.

1. Slow transactions - If you pay a high enough fee (at the moment over $15), you'll get a 10 minutes confirmation for your transaction. So at the very least it takes 10 minutes for a transaction to pass through, which really isn't so much assuming one is willing to pay the high fee. If one doesn't want to pay over $1 (i mean why should we, since the original idea of cryptos was that they should be cheap, fast and anonymous!), then one will wait indefinitely, probably for days or even damn weeks!!!

2. High fees - Now over $15 for high priority on the blockchain. Imagine if the price were to multiply by 5x. The fees!! $100+ per transaction maybe? This is insane. Satoshi Nakamoto has/have probably unfortunately died (i mean he/they WOULD by now have come forward and said enough is enough, miner cartels are ruining the BTC system and these high fees are outrageous insanity) turning in his grave with the hell that is happening to the BTC's ecosystem.

3. Lack of solutions - The major solution everyone is currently clinging to is the Lightning Network. Really?? It is still theoretical. Will it ever be effectively implemented and integrated into BTC and its blockchain? We don't know. Will it be practical, and effectively reduce costs substantially? We don't know! When will it be ready? Sometime in 2018? With a measly small team of developers? 2018 maybe! If it ever becomes pratical. Right now it seems the WHOLE BTC ecosystem hopes that the LN will work and solve ALL of BTCs complex problems. This is a very big and risky assumption. If it doesn't, i sincerely don't see how the BTC is going to navigate ever higher demand and users. It will bottleneck even more and the result will not be pretty. Besides, the whole concept of creating off-chain direct channels between users doesn't seem very practical to me, but perhaps i am wrong.

4. Miner cartels? Have major miner groups taken over the BTC? I haven't studied it deeply enough to make this conclusion, but this is the feeling i am fetting, maybe i am very wrong. Why isn't a solution to this DAMN OBVIOUS BOTTLENECK PROBLEM being chased with the urgency that i think the BTC community should have? Maybe i am missing something, or many things, i am by no means an advanced and very knowledgeable member of the community. But is the theory that major miner groups hijacking the BTC ecosystem in order to keep their high fees absurd? Maybe it is, but at my current understanding it seems like a possibility.

5. Bitcoin considered solely as a store of value. Right now, the only use of BTC is functioning as a store of value. Let other cryptos serve the more mundane task of serving as cash! BTC is digital GOLD! So the argument goes. Is this enough for the BTC? This isn't what i thought BTC was supposed to be. It SHOULD serve as a srote of value as well as a means for making fast and costless daily transactions. You see i am not against a system that serves solely as a store of value but i WONDER if it will be enough, will BTC present enough utility for people once they realize they can't use it for small transactions, but instead they should see BTC solely as something akin to a long term investment, that isn't useful for small transactions? The way i see it the more utility a crypto currency presents to its users, the ore value it will have, and right now there are a dozen CRYPTOS will a lot more utility than the Bitcoin.

So i ask again what makes Bitcoin the King? Network effect? The fact that it has been time-tested longer than any other crypto? A supposed community that supports it (what support they give eludes me too, i don't see much support actually)? Right now i see the BTC as a bloated, outdated and overvalued ecosystem that may survive and continue to thrive just because it has the first mover advantage and biggest network, but i am not sure of it and would really appreciate if it actually kept the edge in it's design and technology too over other cryptos. Right now i don't see it at all.

bitcoin is a king because it has a highest value among all the crypto coins also the first coin in cryptoworld more popular, a pioneer coin that untill now we can see the sucess of it.
ratnawide

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:24:55 AM

bitcoin is the first created digital coin, the number is limited and this coin is very popular in some social media. bitcoin becomes the benchmark for all types of crypto currency in the world, the most expensive. therefore bitcoin is considered the king of crypto currency
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:33:23 PM

Actually btc is one of the world’s best known digital currencies and has enjoyed huge success over recent years. Because bitcoin is a safe, appreciating and decentralised digital asset. Also is because acceptance has also increased. There are now many places where consumers can pay by Bitcoin, as many companies now accept this as a method of payment.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:48:58 PM

actually bitcoin is the worlds most stable and strong virtual currency and father of crypto and it is king and it will remain king always Smiley
bitcoin price will increase more and more bcz its king Smiley

jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:26:53 PM

Bitcoin is truly important, because for the people who dig a little deeper past the articles that scream “Bitcoin is a Bubble” will see cryptocurrency is so much more than Bitcoin.
Joyeeta

Activity: 146
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:27:31 PM

cause it is the first crypto and lots of people know about it. if any media or tv news on crypto, they only mention bitcoin, so it proves bitcoin is the king. Also the price, bitcoin has the highest value among all coins.

FuzeX
FUTURE PAYMENT | CRYPTOPAY | SIMPLE . SECURE . CLEVER (https://fuzex.co)
nodulelibyane7

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:26:49 PM

Its the oldest among the cryptoz and so generally its assumed as the king or the ruler.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 01:39:04 PM

Without Bitcoin crypto coins will die as Bitcoin is the leader of all altcoins because it is the first and most popular coin in the world and every altcoin need bitcoin to boost or rise its price.

QuickS22

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:41:55 PM

Bitcoin is a proponent of all crypto currency. This is the first currency that uses blockchain and it will forever remain digital gold.
harshmonty3

Activity: 95
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:43:02 PM

Bitcoin remains king in crypto.
Now the  transfer fee is very low (around $1).
Lighting network is in testing which speed up the transfer speed.
I think btc is the universal currency one day.
perova93

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:51:53 PM

It was the king and it will be the king for quite a long time due to its the first use of blockchain technology and already run for nine years, it prove itself by overcome lots of problems and survive to now, more and more people get to know blockchain and I think there will be a new coin replace bitcoin in the future
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: