Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:48:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So Bitcoin is King.. why is it?!  (Read 1848 times)
qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:27:36 AM

Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency using the blockchain. It s the "grandparent" of all crypto, altcoin included.

Bitcoin is the King because it is the first crypto that ever risen before other tokens arises. It is the foundation of all the other crypto including eth, altcoin, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
threegods

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:43:37 AM

Only bitcoin is the highest value in all other coin crypto coins so bitcoin is dominated as the king of all the coin kings by it, and the first bitcoin comes out.
JackdunR

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:12:59 PM

Btc is king as it can only be created by using a special algorithm that limits the overall quantity of Btc to 21 million which means more people using it, increases its value.Btc is also guaranteed to be anonymous and unalterable.By using this,you can hide yourself.
Not anonymous BTC is king. but because BTC is the oldest coin on the Crypto market. Over time, BTC is still the market leader in price, with no penny over the BTC. So people say that BTC is the king of the other coin.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:15:25 AM

Bitcoin is king, because bitcoin is the best company in cryptocurrency industry in overall and I think thats the reason
why bitcoin called as a king because there are the powerful and most influence company in this business.
berkcelik16

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:29:10 AM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and it is the first one which uses the blockchain technology. So, it is like iphone. Iphone was the first smart phone and now most of the people prefers it because of its prada value.
signup01

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:55:34 AM

I understand for the past years, Bitcoin has been the king of cryptos, but why is that so? I have been for several months now reading a lot about the whole crypto ecosystem, i even bought several bitcoins back in August (sold them all today, for 4x returns and am keeping all the money in the broker account, and maybe i'll buy BTC again just as soon as i manage to retrieve my belief in BTCs future viability -i am trying really hard).

Enough background, now on to the topic at hand. I am now all too familiar with the challenges BTC has in front of it, and i sincerely can't see a solution.

1. Slow transactions - If you pay a high enough fee (at the moment over $15), you'll get a 10 minutes confirmation for your transaction. So at the very least it takes 10 minutes for a transaction to pass through, which really isn't so much assuming one is willing to pay the high fee. If one doesn't want to pay over $1 (i mean why should we, since the original idea of cryptos was that they should be cheap, fast and anonymous!), then one will wait indefinitely, probably for days or even damn weeks!!!

2. High fees - Now over $15 for high priority on the blockchain. Imagine if the price were to multiply by 5x. The fees!! $100+ per transaction maybe? This is insane. Satoshi Nakamoto has/have probably unfortunately died (i mean he/they WOULD by now have come forward and said enough is enough, miner cartels are ruining the BTC system and these high fees are outrageous insanity) turning in his grave with the hell that is happening to the BTC's ecosystem.

3. Lack of solutions - The major solution everyone is currently clinging to is the Lightning Network. Really?? It is still theoretical. Will it ever be effectively implemented and integrated into BTC and its blockchain? We don't know. Will it be practical, and effectively reduce costs substantially? We don't know! When will it be ready? Sometime in 2018? With a measly small team of developers? 2018 maybe! If it ever becomes pratical. Right now it seems the WHOLE BTC ecosystem hopes that the LN will work and solve ALL of BTCs complex problems. This is a very big and risky assumption. If it doesn't, i sincerely don't see how the BTC is going to navigate ever higher demand and users. It will bottleneck even more and the result will not be pretty. Besides, the whole concept of creating off-chain direct channels between users doesn't seem very practical to me, but perhaps i am wrong.

4. Miner cartels? Have major miner groups taken over the BTC? I haven't studied it deeply enough to make this conclusion, but this is the feeling i am fetting, maybe i am very wrong. Why isn't a solution to this DAMN OBVIOUS BOTTLENECK PROBLEM being chased with the urgency that i think the BTC community should have? Maybe i am missing something, or many things, i am by no means an advanced and very knowledgeable member of the community. But is the theory that major miner groups hijacking the BTC ecosystem in order to keep their high fees absurd? Maybe it is, but at my current understanding it seems like a possibility.

5. Bitcoin considered solely as a store of value. Right now, the only use of BTC is functioning as a store of value. Let other cryptos serve the more mundane task of serving as cash! BTC is digital GOLD! So the argument goes. Is this enough for the BTC? This isn't what i thought BTC was supposed to be. It SHOULD serve as a srote of value as well as a means for making fast and costless daily transactions. You see i am not against a system that serves solely as a store of value but i WONDER if it will be enough, will BTC present enough utility for people once they realize they can't use it for small transactions, but instead they should see BTC solely as something akin to a long term investment, that isn't useful for small transactions? The way i see it the more utility a crypto currency presents to its users, the ore value it will have, and right now there are a dozen CRYPTOS will a lot more utility than the Bitcoin.

So i ask again what makes Bitcoin the King? Network effect? The fact that it has been time-tested longer than any other crypto? A supposed community that supports it (what support they give eludes me too, i don't see much support actually)? Right now i see the BTC as a bloated, outdated and overvalued ecosystem that may survive and continue to thrive just because it has the first mover advantage and biggest network, but i am not sure of it and would really appreciate if it actually kept the edge in it's design and technology too over other cryptos. Right now i don't see it at all.
bitcoin is a pioneer of crypto currency and in my opinion bitcoin values and prices are still the best for now and many of the investors who have succeeded successfully in such investments
anisuzzaman99apu

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:58:48 AM

Bitcoin is functioning as a payment system in Korea and Japan. I could even order food with it or pay the dentist nearby. It's fun to be using something nobody else does, it's a great talk at parties and a great speculative asset, just ask all those traders who made it their full-time job.
wasaisi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:01:09 AM

The first reason why bitcoin is called king because bitcoin is the first crypto I know. Of no price so that the price until now this time. Bitcoin at that time is needed because more and more people who know him. In the end bitcoin will be a necessary general necessity like money.
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:08:19 AM

Bitcoin become king in cryptocurrency market because bitcoin pioneer and have limited supply in cryptomarket. Peoples or investor more trust on bitcoin that others because bitcoin already stand for more than 9 years and price always increasing year by years
jayarbillones

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:31:47 AM

for me People say Bitcoin is king simply because it has such a high market dominance, trading volume and user base. In reality,Bitcoin is relatively a young guy and is not yet a teenager, currently we are seeing the many side-effects of a system where no single person can be called as the leader.
jemerson1420

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:38:58 AM

because its large currency.
hung19881989

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:40:16 AM

Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency using the blockchain. It s the "grandparent" of all crypto, altcoin included.
OcTA Bd

Activity: 278
Merit: 2

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:18:57 AM

Bitcoinis the king because bitcoin had successful became a trustworthy crypto currency. If you invest in crypto currency world then definitely the first currency you will think of is bitcoin. Not only this bitcoin has also expressed as a good currency which is now giving a competition with flat currency. Ethereum is also a good trust worthy currency but it's not above bitcoin. Bitcoin is the 1st and bitcoin is the biggest crypto currency will will dominate crypto currency world in future also.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
MasterNodes.Cash

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:47:30 AM

Being the first at anything gives you a big advantage. Couple that with the widest mass adoption that btc has..and you get yourself a clear winner. A clear sign of how dominant btc is is the obvious correlation of other currencies. When btc drops pretty much everything else drops.
marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:52:23 AM

I understand for the past years, Bitcoin has been the king of cryptos, but why is that so? I have been for several months now reading a lot about the whole crypto ecosystem, i even bought several bitcoins back in August (sold them all today, for 4x returns and am keeping all the money in the broker account, and maybe i'll buy BTC again just as soon as i manage to retrieve my belief in BTCs future viability -i am trying really hard).

Enough background, now on to the topic at hand. I am now all too familiar with the challenges BTC has in front of it, and i sincerely can't see a solution.

1. Slow transactions - If you pay a high enough fee (at the moment over $15), you'll get a 10 minutes confirmation for your transaction. So at the very least it takes 10 minutes for a transaction to pass through, which really isn't so much assuming one is willing to pay the high fee. If one doesn't want to pay over $1 (i mean why should we, since the original idea of cryptos was that they should be cheap, fast and anonymous!), then one will wait indefinitely, probably for days or even damn weeks!!!

2. High fees - Now over $15 for high priority on the blockchain. Imagine if the price were to multiply by 5x. The fees!! $100+ per transaction maybe? This is insane. Satoshi Nakamoto has/have probably unfortunately died (i mean he/they WOULD by now have come forward and said enough is enough, miner cartels are ruining the BTC system and these high fees are outrageous insanity) turning in his grave with the hell that is happening to the BTC's ecosystem.

3. Lack of solutions - The major solution everyone is currently clinging to is the Lightning Network. Really?? It is still theoretical. Will it ever be effectively implemented and integrated into BTC and its blockchain? We don't know. Will it be practical, and effectively reduce costs substantially? We don't know! When will it be ready? Sometime in 2018? With a measly small team of developers? 2018 maybe! If it ever becomes pratical. Right now it seems the WHOLE BTC ecosystem hopes that the LN will work and solve ALL of BTCs complex problems. This is a very big and risky assumption. If it doesn't, i sincerely don't see how the BTC is going to navigate ever higher demand and users. It will bottleneck even more and the result will not be pretty. Besides, the whole concept of creating off-chain direct channels between users doesn't seem very practical to me, but perhaps i am wrong.

4. Miner cartels? Have major miner groups taken over the BTC? I haven't studied it deeply enough to make this conclusion, but this is the feeling i am fetting, maybe i am very wrong. Why isn't a solution to this DAMN OBVIOUS BOTTLENECK PROBLEM being chased with the urgency that i think the BTC community should have? Maybe i am missing something, or many things, i am by no means an advanced and very knowledgeable member of the community. But is the theory that major miner groups hijacking the BTC ecosystem in order to keep their high fees absurd? Maybe it is, but at my current understanding it seems like a possibility.

5. Bitcoin considered solely as a store of value. Right now, the only use of BTC is functioning as a store of value. Let other cryptos serve the more mundane task of serving as cash! BTC is digital GOLD! So the argument goes. Is this enough for the BTC? This isn't what i thought BTC was supposed to be. It SHOULD serve as a srote of value as well as a means for making fast and costless daily transactions. You see i am not against a system that serves solely as a store of value but i WONDER if it will be enough, will BTC present enough utility for people once they realize they can't use it for small transactions, but instead they should see BTC solely as something akin to a long term investment, that isn't useful for small transactions? The way i see it the more utility a crypto currency presents to its users, the ore value it will have, and right now there are a dozen CRYPTOS will a lot more utility than the Bitcoin.

So i ask again what makes Bitcoin the King? Network effect? The fact that it has been time-tested longer than any other crypto? A supposed community that supports it (what support they give eludes me too, i don't see much support actually)? Right now i see the BTC as a bloated, outdated and overvalued ecosystem that may survive and continue to thrive just because it has the first mover advantage and biggest network, but i am not sure of it and would really appreciate if it actually kept the edge in it's design and technology too over other cryptos. Right now i don't see it at all.

Bitcoin is currently at the top of the cryptocurrency list because of how high its value right now. Cryptocurrencies all around the world is comparably pale to what bitcoin has to offer in terms of popularity and its financial value to the people using it
bitcoin become the king in the market of crypto and the blockchain system not because of the price of bitcoin expensive. but I think this is because bitcoin has the most stable price compared altcoin.

value of bitcoins is the highest so this is making it the king of crypto because all other alts are way smaller and none of them match the bitcoin values

Simone18

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:13:57 AM

Without btc alt coins would no longer exist, and all of  tokens when converted to real currency undergo to btc. This makes btc become popular and continually increase its value. There's no doubt btc is the most strongest digital currency ever made by mankind:)
That is true BITCOIN was the first coin that been made and with out bitcoin and the success of bitcoin there will be no altcoins and until now bitcoin still have the biggest value of all in the market.

[   M O Z O  -  The Token of Discovery   ]   //  Whitepaper  //
               ►►  JOIN NOW  ◄◄   US$ 26M of US$ 42M already RAISED!               
Facebook  .  Twitter  .  Telegram  .  Medium  .  Reddit  .  Youtube  .  ANN Thread
Welhell

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:24:09 AM

Because, Bitcoin is a first cryptocurrency and first member of Blockchain. Nowadays, there is a lot coins which they stronger than BTC. Other way is BTC has proved itself.
VeronAncient

Activity: 378
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:40:34 AM

everyone knows, that the first digital currency that exists and circulates in all countries is bitcoin. bitcoin is the first coin produced from the first blockchain and coin technology to enter the trading market. so everyone is very acquainted and more trusting with bitcoin to date. so bitcoin becomes king of altcoin.
hardtargetbtc002018

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:59:33 AM

Bitcoin is king around here in the cryptocurrency because it has the highest value in terms of pricing among the other alternative coins, I think Altcoins are made not to surpass or eliminate bitcoin in the crypto world it is currently produced to support bitcoin in its quest of currency dominance. High transaction fee you say? well, I say at least it does not have any value added tax, or add hidden charges, it turns out financial freedom are made free I say. All I can say man try and relax try worrying about your investments and not at the things in which you could not control and just start believing and having faith on bitcoin.

I believe bitcoin is consider as king of crypto because of its popularity world wide and as the leading crypto with the highest number of investors.
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 12:06:46 PM

Much has been said. There's nothing to add. The only thing if he is a king, then after a while he may be overthrown by a prince: younger and stronger. The law of our world))
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: