Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:56:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash Coming back online December 20 2017 ( Tomorrow )  (Read 638 times)
cflex

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:03:43 PM

I just want to thank the retarded crypto kitty debacle for being the reason I emptied my Nicehack wallet a couple days before this hack. Having said that, I will not be going back to this dump.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:04:20 PM

Hoping it crashes or gets delayed for a few more days.  The increase in profits has been amazing and cut my ROI down by almost two months. Hopefully not many people flock back to them.

You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:10:33 PM

Hoping it crashes or gets delayed for a few more days.  The increase in profits has been amazing and cut my ROI down by almost two months. Hopefully not many people flock back to them.

Hi Ben account #2. Seriously though go read up on difficulty and how Nicehash going down had a direct effect on the hash rate of other pools and what happened to the difficulty.  It had little to do with coin prices which have fluctuated during the Nicehash absence.  Before throwing around random profanity to try and get your point across take a look at some actual data.  You must have a very vested interest in Nicehash to get triggered.
gotminer

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:57:41 PM

Actually,  Ben and I are two different people.  I just admire his wisdom a lot.  I have no vested interest in NH.  I do enjoy making fun of people for using their service in my spare time though.

Sure difficulty went down, but it's up again over the past few days and that certainly wasn't the result of NH coming back online, because they are not back online yet.  In other news.  The value of the specific coin that I'm thinking of has increased by approx 75% over the past two weeks.  I'm sure that has a bit to do with the increase in difficulty that I have been seeing over the past few days.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:06:37 PM

While the price of the certain coins did rise and contribute to increased profits, others benefited from the decreased difficulty and absence of all those single miners out there which was a surprisingly large number. Tracking my profits daily its apparent that the latter contributed a larger portion of my increased earnings than the increase in coin value.  While adding both together did boost earnings significantly, I just wanted to point out that it was a result of NH being down and their return will cut those profits down. 

It remains to be seen how many will jump right back to NH and if there is trust issue returning to a service that lost people's money with no plan to pay them back.  It wouldnt be the first time through a company that holds a large portion of the market is able to recover.  NH makes it easy for everyone and with no competition for a service as easy to use as NH it wouldnt be a surprise to see them get back a larger customer base back in a few weeks or so.
Proc.dev

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:17:20 PM

Attaboy!!

Bring on the H8!!! LMAO!!

From their website;

NiceHash is coming back tomorrow!

Dear miners:

Final checks are in progress and NiceHash.com platform will be back online and operational tomorrow, December 20, 2017 until 24.00 CET.

Hope it will be truth. My weekly income got stucked on the platform and I've practically taken leave of my little amount of Bitcoins. But this is the question: Is Nicehash failure the first sign of the end of Bitcoin bullrun?

gotminer

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:26:44 PM

While the price of the certain coins did rise and contribute to increased profits, others benefited from the decreased difficulty and absence of all those single miners out there which was a surprisingly large number. Tracking my profits daily its apparent that the latter contributed a larger portion of my increased earnings than the increase in coin value.  While adding both together did boost earnings significantly, I just wanted to point out that it was a result of NH being down and their return will cut those profits down. 

It remains to be seen how many will jump right back to NH and if there is trust issue returning to a service that lost people's money with no plan to pay them back.  It wouldnt be the first time through a company that holds a large portion of the market is able to recover.  NH makes it easy for everyone and with no competition for a service as easy to use as NH it wouldnt be a surprise to see them get back a larger customer base back in a few weeks or so.

I guess we'll see.  I think a lot of people of jump right back into the NH system.  I have a moronic friend that can't wait for them to be back up and running again, because he wants a one click solution and doesn't give a shit about fees or educating himself.

drycounty

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:32:40 PM

Well, that friend could be me.  In my experience, the algorithms that chose most profitable coin to mine under nice hash were the best there was.  In my limited experience doing alternate switching pools, nothing comes close to the payout amounts that nicehash offered.  This is the only reason I'm looking forward to trying it again.  Would be great if I could get my money back, sure, but if they incentivize it by paying some of the fees, that would seal the deal for me.

But by all means, please continue the hate!  I don't want them slammed. Smiley
gotminer

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:51:20 PM

Well, that friend could be me.  In my experience, the algorithms that chose most profitable coin to mine under nice hash were the best there was.  In my limited experience doing alternate switching pools, nothing comes close to the payout amounts that nicehash offered.  This is the only reason I'm looking forward to trying it again.  Would be great if I could get my money back, sure, but if they incentivize it by paying some of the fees, that would seal the deal for me.

But by all means, please continue the hate!  I don't want them slammed. Smiley

You just said yourself that you had limited experience.  Perhaps your sample size just wasn't large enough to make a comparison.  I'm not hating though. 

And you're right.  If they reduce fees ... That would probably make a lot of people think a little deeper about using their service again.

KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:51:30 PM

I only used NH for about a month prior to the hack, so my total loss was low.  Let me say I completely understand the hatred coming from folks who lost more than me, but I will be the first in line tomorrow at the opening.

No degree of manual or 'semi-auto' pooling has come close to the daily revenue I was making with NH.  Even my D3 on Prohashing is down 15-20% from what I got with NH.  I have no idea how they did it, but they did the switching and timing of the various coins and payments SO WELL.  This -- and only this -- is the reason I cannot wait to get back.

I'm also just hoping there is a better system for lower-threshold payments.  I hated waiting for that .01 BTC.

I honestly hope there is a good deal of hatred remaining.  I don't want them to be slammed.  Flame on!

It wasn't coin/pool switching that made it profitable.  In fact money paid to miner wasn't tied to coin prices at all (thus Kindergarten comparisons). Miners were paid based on what buyers of hash rate were willing to pay.  The past year buyers paid a premium (more than a particular coin's market value) because they wanted the hashpower to hodl alts during the bull market (short BTC, long ALT).  2017 had been good for NH sellers (short ALT, long BTC), most of it anyway.

But be warned - the NH market price per share has consequences.  Buyers lost more than sellers (miners) in the hack.  And since sellers are paid only by what buyers are willing to spend, rewards could be crap if jilted buyers do not return.

I only had about 3 days of mining rewards in my account when they went down - about 100USD at the time.  On the other hand, my bother also had about 100USD, about a month's worth of work.

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
killerelite

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:23:01 PM

I knew it nicehash wasnt gonna go down this easy
But it really sad to see that this hack could even happen in the first place
Anyways What happened to the money they lost how will people be compansated
I had nothing at nicehash atm of Hack Cause switched to others platforms due to cheap ass Buyers and their Tricks
And Am never going back but I still believe That Nicehash is the Best Thing That happened for Newbie Miners
Max3k

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:43:55 PM

Anyways What happened to the money they lost how will people be compansated
By the end of next month, all will be returned.
Ryuh

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:48:09 PM

Anyone who uses nicehack after this is a complete idiot who deserves the next "hack" they announce.

So much THIS! Whoever uses them after that calamity is brain dead retard.

They have the audacity to tell us "YOUR bitcoins are stolen". For sure they wont repay the money, because i'm pretty sure they stole them.

Come on guys, they dont take any responsibility for the so called "hack" and i mean NONE! And they restart the service again without any shame.
I personally will never use them again in a million years, because next "YOUR bitcoins are stolen" i's just behind the corner (or whatever they decide it is).
Seriously, what will stop them to repeat that? If there is no repercussion for that stolen 70 000 000$ dollars, why the f**k not?
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:11:20 PM

Attaboy!!

Bring on the H8!!! LMAO!!

From their website;

NiceHash is coming back tomorrow!

Dear miners:

Final checks are in progress and NiceHash.com platform will be back online and operational tomorrow, December 20, 2017 until 24.00 CET.

Hope it will be truth. My weekly income got stucked on the platform and I've practically taken leave of my little amount of Bitcoins. But this is the question: Is Nicehash failure the first sign of the end of Bitcoin bullrun?

maybe you should do some research before asking stupid questions like that, btc is here to stay

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:12:10 PM

Anyone who uses nicehack after this is a complete idiot who deserves the next "hack" they announce.

They have the audacity to tell us "YOUR bitcoins are stolen". For sure they wont repay the money, because i'm pretty sure they stole them.

Come on guys, they dont take any responsibility for the so called "hack" and i mean NONE! And they restart the service again without any shame.
I personally will never use them again in a million years, because next "YOUR bitcoins are stolen" i's just behind the corner (or whatever they decide it is).
Seriously, what will stop them to repeat that? If there is no repercussion for that stolen 70 000 000$ dollars, why the f**k not?

i dont` care, i will put my hash power again and make my profit . if you will don't  use their service , plis stop trashtalk.

ROFL that's like saying HEY I don't care if my funds get stolen again. what a tool

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
BenRickert (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:59:15 PM

btc price going back and nicehash coming back. coincidence?
They come back because ended free distribution of coins (fork), no one hacked them, i am sure that later there will be news that hackers took pity and decided to return the money =)

BenRickert
As soon as this shit broke, absolutely all coins fell complexity and dramatically increased the income this was the reason, and not that increased the price of the coins.

You little understand how NiceHash "works", more precisely, those who use it (buyers). You sit day trying to find a block, as soon as the complexity of the coin decreases i pour into your pool of several thousand miners for pennies who work for a bowl of food, taking away all your income. Of course, the complexity then increases again, and I leave you alone, while the difficulty doesn't drop again. And I repeat over and over again, taking away all your profit and making sometimes 300%. This service is a parasite for ordinary miners, he just should not exist. Almost all young coins are banally destroyed at the start...

Oh, wait, maybe you are buyer? The parasite, who earns on simple miners using the wretchedness of all cryptocurrencies?
I don't use it for either you drooling twit. I'm a miner. NOT a GPU miner, who were the ONLY miners that saw drops in Network difficulty. ASIC miners did not see this effect because it takes less than 30 seconds to switch from one pool to the next or more accurately to have pre-set failovers so you don't even miss a beat. SHA 256, Scrypt and to a lesser degree X11 networks did not see sustained drops in hash rate, ergo difficulty. I can't even begin to decipher what the rest of all that gibberish is. Thanks for playing.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:04:41 AM

Hoping it crashes or gets delayed for a few more days.  The increase in profits has been amazing and cut my ROI down by almost two months. Hopefully not many people flock back to them.

Hi Ben account #2. Seriously though go read up on difficulty and how Nicehash going down had a direct effect on the hash rate of other pools and what happened to the difficulty.  It had little to do with coin prices which have fluctuated during the Nicehash absence.  Before throwing around random profanity to try and get your point across take a look at some actual data.  You must have a very vested interest in Nicehash to get triggered.
I suspect you have a GPU rig in your bathroom or something. Maybe in the little GPU world, those networks saw drops in difficulty. In the real world, ASIC, no such drops existed for more than a few hours. For reasons you'll never understand, SHA256, Scrypt and X11 networks saw no such drops. My servers fail over in less than 2 seconds. So do everyone else's. I'm sure your degree from the University of Google is fun to have but it's not going to serve you much in the real world. Now go in the corner and have a cookie.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:07:23 AM

i dont` care, i will put my hash power again and make my profit . if you will don't  use their service , plis stop trashtalk.

Please understand there won't be any payouts if buyers avoid the service.  NH payrates were based on the market prices set by the buyers.  Buyers and sellers who had payouts forwarded to NH wallets took the worst of the hack.

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:10:42 AM

The state of Slovenia should ban their operations until all miners are reimbursed.
gotminer

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:12:57 AM

btc price going back and nicehash coming back. coincidence?
They come back because ended free distribution of coins (fork), no one hacked them, i am sure that later there will be news that hackers took pity and decided to return the money =)

BenRickert
As soon as this shit broke, absolutely all coins fell complexity and dramatically increased the income this was the reason, and not that increased the price of the coins.

You little understand how NiceHash "works", more precisely, those who use it (buyers). You sit day trying to find a block, as soon as the complexity of the coin decreases i pour into your pool of several thousand miners for pennies who work for a bowl of food, taking away all your income. Of course, the complexity then increases again, and I leave you alone, while the difficulty doesn't drop again. And I repeat over and over again, taking away all your profit and making sometimes 300%. This service is a parasite for ordinary miners, he just should not exist. Almost all young coins are banally destroyed at the start...

Oh, wait, maybe you are buyer? The parasite, who earns on simple miners using the wretchedness of all cryptocurrencies?

I don't use it for either you drooling twit. I'm a miner. NOT a GPU miner, who were the ONLY miners that saw drops in Network difficulty.I can't even begin to decipher what the rest of all that gibberish is. Thanks for playing.

Lol ... Ben, you're my new favorite person on this forum.  Actually I didn't have one before, but I do now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: