Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:37:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas And BTC?  (Read 1860 times)
coat47

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:58:10 PM

The actual decline is quite normal no ? after all this rise !
However I think that with christmas the bitcoin will have difficult to exceed 20 000 €. People now, think to their family, the gifts that they must buy, the food, the celebrations etc.
The cryptoworld is very psychological since behind you have people. I think, after february, people will be ready for a new  bullish rally for the year 2018.
JureViewly

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 06:22:31 PM

Most people are now busy preparing for Christmas. Buying gifts, attending parties, etc. I myself did a lot of profit taking to be able to celebrate the holidays in style. Would love to give bitcoins as a gift.

Bitcoins as a gift for the Christmas, sounds like a great idea, we should make a BitcoinTalk Santa Smiley
stryker

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:27:48 PM

I was just wondering, to those experts on bitcoin, because I have seen that bitcoin suddenly lay low in going up, and now even plunges.  I needed your opinion.

Does Christmas or any holidays affects bitcoin?
Please elaborate. Thanks a lot
If you do not take into account the manipulation of the market, bitcoin will fall in price as will all alternative coins. Roughly speaking, everyone wants to celebrate the new year somewhere not at home, and everyone wants to buy normal gifts to relatives. Hence the natural fall of the course.
We expect that at the beginning of the new year there will be a sharp jump up.
bitorama

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:38:31 PM

bitcoiners need cash for Xmas, so we see the dump
Praskatoon

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:06:06 PM

I was just thinking about this Smiley

Is it possible that ppl sell btc to buy x-mass gifts?

Sounds crazy to me, but, who am I to tell..
wielkiemonety

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:08:13 PM

Not much difference will happen during trading, although a little less activity. I for one will be working on Christmas and will enjoy every aspect of making more money. Więcej kasy zawsze pomoga hehe
TopT3ns

Activity: 2618
Merit: 572

#SWGT available on MEXC, Bitget, Lbank, Bitmart

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:19:35 PM

I was just wondering, to those experts on bitcoin, because I have seen that bitcoin suddenly lay low in going up, and now even plunges.  I needed your opinion.

from what i see, the answer is Yes. because even in the weekend bitcoin price dropped a little. some of my trader friend said because some people sell their bitcoin for the weekend, or or during certain celebrations

Miltwo

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:24:20 PM

I think what happens is that the volume goes down significantly, because people are usually around their families celebrating and not on their pcs/phones watching charts nonstop.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:28:46 PM

Bitcoin price is decreasing and this has nothing to do with Christmas. Investors and traders are only interested in making money, no matter what time of the year. The recent price drop is a normal correction after the spectacular price increase.

mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:34:26 PM

I think if this was some years back where most of the btc investors are small time regular guys like most of us then yes Christmas or any other holiday would affect the price. now I think that it's a big boys game, and honestly I don't think that holidays will be more than a small dent in the price charts.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 08:42:41 PM

I discount the possible effect of the holidays, even Christmas, on Bitcoin markets and believe that this current correction is just an example of market manipulation.

Bitmain is still selling for only BCH, Coinbase added BCH without much in the way of an announcement, and Christmas might just be a smokescreen as if no one was going to notice and chalk it up to "holidays".  That might even be too simple and the twists in the market are more complicated than that.

Eastern schools of thought seem to lend themselves more to planning generations ahead, where western countries are more "in the moment", and not saying one is better than the other, just that perhaps the entire crypto market should be looked at within the worldview of people who hold a majority / partial monopoly.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:53:38 PM

from what i see, the answer is Yes. because even in the weekend bitcoin price dropped a little. some of my trader friend said because some people sell their bitcoin for the weekend, or or during certain celebrations
That is one thing that i have been observed for when there is some of holidays the price goes down the one reason that i have seen for is of course they are selling it cause they needed some money this is the one thing that are real happen.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:57:35 PM

It will be nice to have a surprise from Bitcoin on Christmas, why not?
Vaculin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:05:29 PM

That is one thing that i have been observed for when there is some of holidays the price goes down the one reason that i have seen for is of course they are selling it cause they needed some money this is the one thing that are real happen.
I still cannot testify it to myself because i don't have enough bitcoins to sell.But i really believe during these special occassions Christmas and New Year people want to have more money to buy gifts for everyone so maybe  they may sell part of their bitcoins to have abundant money instantly.
matanglawin

Activity: 372

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:09:07 PM

I do believe that it has a connection with the dump. People at this season are in need of money which probably triggers them to sell their Bitcoin. It also makes the transactions high which affects the demand from the market, the opposite way. The demand is becoming low and same thing happens with its value since both are proportional with each other.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:19:23 PM

From what i have read and what i have observed over the couple of year of using bitcoin, is each december the price of the bitcoin starts going down, and this continues through the begineing of a new year, but after it it just goes to climbing back again, in my opinion i think this is due to the fact that most of the bitcoin users hold thier coins through out the year and wait until its over so they can cash it out, and this creates a massive dump that effects the price, but there is no worries because the price will soon go back again.
andylioe78

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:27:33 PM

Most people are now busy preparing for Christmas. Purchase gifts, and attend parties. You yourself do a lot of profit taking by selling some bitcoin to celebrate the holiday with style.or give bitcoin as a gift.
elie_s

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:27:43 PM

i dont think any holiday will affect bitcoin this way its all abt selling and buying maybe many people are selling to profit with this extreme rise i think this wave will pass and bitcoin will rise again

•••     BitCloud  BTDX    |    A new type of decentralized currency     •••
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    •    ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  Twitter  Github  Slack
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:40:08 PM

On holidays like christmas most people will sell their assets (Bitcoin) to add to their christmas and holiday needs. As it is known that the more people who sell Bitcoin then it will affect the decline in Bitcoin prices. I think that's it.
Havven

Activity: 97

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:40:40 PM

My friend has a theory that over Thanksgiving people told their families all about BTC and helped them buy some, which is why we saw that huge bump in the value around that time. I don't see any reason why a similar thing can't happen over Christmas, except that Christmas is more of a global holiday than Thanksgiving.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: