Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner Rumors  (Read 13626 times)
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:41:42 PM

part of the eBay sales satisfies demand for those who do not have btc to spend but rather dollars.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:50:38 PM

I just checked the prices on ebay and they are almost similar to the prices here now! Who is selling at those prices now? They must be losing money if they buy at 0.99 BTC?

I am selling those, my average selling price is around 120. Consider the 12% fee selling on ebay I have 108. However, I used the USB to mine the BTC for like a month. The net profit is through mining, not for selling it.

You need to have a strategy selling on ebay. And selling on ebay can transfer a risk of difficulty increase to the buyers.

Do not tell ebay buyer about this.

Game on.
But just 1-2 disputes on ebay and you start losing? I know ebay disputes are rare.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:59:59 PM

part of the eBay sales satisfies demand for those who do not have btc to spend but rather dollars.

How much do you sell on eBay?  You got quite the business going for ya there Smiley

*cheers*
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:27:17 PM

Selling for 0.99 BTC is not a great idea, but those who bought BTC in the $70-80's are still making a little profit.

Also, I admire Canary for getting the groups together and being the point-man for these in the US. He has been honest, quick to ship and pass on the best pricing he can. Anyone over 500 units get 0.89 pricing from ASICminer/friedcat. Plus, all orders over 50 get 2% redundancy/extra miners included. So for every 100 units, the people facilitating the group buys get 2 "extra" miners. Whether they keep them for personal mining, sell them as part of their offerings or whatever; I see it as a reward for the risk and effort of the group buy. Plus they are still on-the-hook for any malfunctioning miners, although I've not heard of any significant amount.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:42:16 PM

Selling for 0.99 BTC is not a great idea, but those who bought BTC in the $70-80's are still making a little profit.
So for every 100 units, the people facilitating the group buys get 2 "extra" miners. Whether they keep them for personal mining, sell them as part of their offerings or whatever; I see it as a reward for the risk and effort of the group buy. Plus they are still on-the-hook for any malfunctioning miners, although I've not heard of any significant amount.
Thanks!

Yeah, these are not a "reward" in any sense, they are for warranty replacements... sometimes 2/100 is not enough but I still handle warranty anyways.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:55:37 PM

Has anyone actually calculated what an Errupter in hand would need to sell for to be profitable? I bought one at 270 Euro and am at 15 Euro or so in 5 weeks or there abouts!

I just see them as a novelty and to help the network. To buy 3Gh for 1000 is just not worth it right now, though with BFL still behind on the Jalapenos it is a bit amusing.
Now, if they drop the price to 100 dollars for 3Gh, then they will sell like Hotcakes. Can you imagine buying, right now 30 Gh for 1000? I think that is possible.
Come on Chinese  Grin

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:24:35 PM

Has anyone actually calculated what an Errupter in hand would need to sell for to be profitable? I bought one at 270 Euro and am at 15 Euro or so in 5 weeks or there abouts!

I just see them as a novelty and to help the network. To buy 3Gh for 1000 is just not worth it right now, though with BFL still behind on the Jalapenos it is a bit amusing.
Now, if they drop the price to 100 dollars for 3Gh, then they will sell like Hotcakes. Can you imagine buying, right now 30 Gh for 1000? I think that is possible.
Come on Chinese  Grin

i don't think we know the price points of the chips and such to be able to price them, the custom stuff i mean.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
chenchunyu88

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 08:29:28 PM

Should we gather a group of people to develop a Chip or a miner, which can greatly reduce the cost to mine since Canary already sold nearly $600,000 worth of USB miners. For that money, the entirely possible to develop chips and miner.

TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:01:03 PM

Should we gather a group of people to develop a Chip or a miner, which can greatly reduce the cost to mine since Canary already sold nearly $600,000 worth of USB miners. For that money, the entirely possible to develop chips and miner.

If you are interested in investing in a project involving custom low cost ASIC and miners you might want to check out Labcoin. I am assisting in the IPO on btct.co and Labcoin is aiming to raise $600k for a already developed and in production low cost/high efficiency 130 nm ASIC chip that will result in highly competitive miners for sale to the public, as well as 65 nm development and Bircoin mining.

We expect the IPO to be ready for vote and public release shortly.

You can find information on the project under the custom hardware forum and soon under the securities thread.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:05:51 PM

If you are interested in investing in a project involving custom low cost ASIC and miners you might want to check out Labcoin. I am assisting in the IPO on btct.co and Labcoin is aiming to raise $600k for a already developed and in production low cost/high efficiency 130 nm ASIC chip that will result in highly competitive miners for sale to the public, as well as 65 nm development and Bircoin mining.

You can find information on the project under the custom hardware forum and soon under the securities thread.
I'd like to know what Luke-Jr has to say about Labcoin...
TheSwede75

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:25:32 AM

I hope Luke will see the IPO thread and at least say hi and take a look at the Labcoin tech/plans. Sorry if I derailed the thread a little, not my intent.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 01:23:47 AM

I hope Luke will see the IPO thread and at least say hi and take a look at the Labcoin tech/plans. Sorry if I derailed the thread a little, not my intent.

in case you didn't know, Luke calls every, other than btc, crypto currency scamcoin
TheSwede75

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:06:36 AM

in case you didn't know, Luke calls every, other than btc, crypto currency scamcoin

Oh, I think you may have misunderstood my posts. Labcoin is simply the name of the company I represent in the IPO. We are developing ASIC and building miners for Bitcoin. No alt-crap. Smiley
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 03:29:42 AM

Oh, I think you may have misunderstood my posts. Labcoin is simply the name of the company I represent in the IPO. We are developing ASIC and building miners for Bitcoin. No alt-crap. Smiley
apparently so.. the name confused me... weren't you gonna send me something?
suprabitz

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:31:02 AM

If this is true, Canary will be swimming in BTC.  He can order as many as he has money for at .1 and then resell them to new customers for the list price... that is, if 100% of previous customers won't redeem the discount for themselves.  But I am not mad at that.

I would even say that Canaryinthemine has no obligation to allow follow up orders just because ASICMINER has changed the "rules" of purchase. All Canaryinthemine did was sell block Eruptors for a fixed price.

if a promo rebate is give by asicminer to previous buyers it should be passed along especially when up till today they are selling for .94btc and next week they are .60 or less... this is the best thing asicminer could do is reward customers for buying now rather than be scared of another price break.... plenty of people got burned with the 2btc -> 1btc price drop when they could only have mined about .5btc between the initial release and drop.

theres plenty of profit margin still left as in $5-10k per group buy which is well deserved for his service so lets pass along any promos...

and yes its a GB not a merchant style format any 'credits' should flow through to the original buyers
ElideN

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:11:06 AM

wtf...

i see usb erupters at 96 dollars on ebay...

i bought my damn bit coins for 96 dollars... da fuq.

If you need help with anything, please let me know. I'd be happy to assist.
Tong

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 11:52:23 AM

wtf...

i see usb erupters at 96 dollars on ebay...

i bought my damn bit coins for 96 dollars... da fuq.

Look again you got some on there at $80 B.I.N.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:39:51 PM

Some loser on eBay UK was selling them for £225 last week.  I still see them for sale there.  I bought a few around £120 a few weeks ago, and one yesterday for less than £100.  I see the seller has them up at £80 now.

Yeah, £225.  He didn't appreciate me telling him how over-priced he was either...  Roll Eyes
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:45:23 PM

Some loser on eBay UK was selling them for £225 last week.  I still see them for sale there.  I bought a few around £120 a few weeks ago, and one yesterday for less than £100.  I see the seller has them up at £80 now.

Yeah, £225.  He didn't appreciate me telling him how over-priced he was either...  Roll Eyes

I sold 9 at £117 last Wednesday on ebay - now I still have the best BIN price at 84 + 9 postage - sold 2 yesterday and 1 today. Margin for profit has dived - I'm hoping for the 0.1 per unit rumor to be true - that'll be the only way I end up with a profit on these.

donations not accepted
miningatnight

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:00:37 PM

Another day.... another nothing but rumor's.  Really wish someone would reach out to ASICMiner with some power.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: