Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:10:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner Rumors  (Read 13642 times)
ryhan

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:40:24 AM

He might of been implying that if you bought before the pricedrop you would of been entitled to the .1 discount voucher.
Kaega

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:52:28 AM

He might of been implying that if you bought before the pricedrop you would of been entitled to the .1 discount voucher.
^ This.

Though I feel the Eruptors should be ~0.2-0.25/ea.

Protect your coin: Buy a Treznor
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:17:02 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 05:29:03 PM by Trongersoll

How come private messages aren't kept private?  Huh That seems disreputable to me. Cavat Emptor!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:29:37 AM

So, have any group buy operators heard if they will be able to reorder USB miners for .1 BTC like BTCGuild is offering?

It would suck if the group buy administrators are not allowed to have the same deal as BTCGuild. It screws all the people that bought from group buys and unfairly rewards everyone that bought from BTCGuild...
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:33:43 AM

So, have any group buy operators heard if they will be able to reorder USB miners for .1 BTC like BTCGuild is offering?

It would suck if the group buy administrators are not allowed to have the same deal as BTCGuild. It screws all the people that bought from group buys and unfairly rewards everyone that bought from BTCGuild...
all re-sellers are waiting on stock and instruction (how and who gets it) from the manufacturer...
you all need to hold your horses and wait till friedcat makes the announcement on who, what, when, where, how etc...
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:38:14 AM

people are getting antsy... I'd love to be a Canary in the Mine right now.

He's gonna make a bitload Cheesy
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:31:40 AM

For all the people from Europe:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246020.0

Quantity    Price
1-5
6-25
26-50
51-100
> 100
0,69 BTC*
0,6 BTC*
0,585 BTC*
0,57 BTC*
by arrangement
------------------------
* all prices incl. VAT, plus Shipping (from Germany)

miners are in stock  Smiley

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:14:03 AM

Roast cat aka Friedcat clearly set the guideline as:

"If you previously purchased a USB client, you can redeem the price to 0.1BTC USB mining machine, one for one, at 0.1BTC Please and old customers to buy their own pace reseller of consultation"

This 30% thing I don't know where it comes from until the official announcement but from the Chinese resellers this is a direct translation.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:17:32 AM

all re-sellers are waiting on stock and instruction (how and who gets it) from the manufacturer...
you all need to hold your horses and wait till friedcat makes the announcement on who, what, when, where, how etc...

Yo Canary...it's been hours now! What's da word? These horses ain't gonna keep much longer Tongue

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:12:17 AM

Looking forward to general sales of these at .17 or so ... competitive pricing at that point.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:13:37 AM

Yo Canary...it's been hours now! What's da word? These horses ain't gonna keep much longer Tongue

Lol.. umm yea.

I'm not going to order anymore until I hear if the .1 BTC rumor is true or not. I don't wany to buy a .55 today if I can possibly buy at .1 tomorrow...
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:22:19 AM

Lol.. umm yea.

I'm not going to order anymore until I hear if the .1 BTC rumor is true or not. I don't wany to buy a .55 today if I can possibly buy at .1 tomorrow...
waiting on friedcat to release details.  it's not up to me.  Please read the OP.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:57:18 PM

Lol.. umm yea.

On top of that, how much will the people who can buy at .1 BTC (one for one) pull the price down even further? The problem right now, even at current prices, is that the Mining sticks won't break even. I wonder at price one could even make a profit? The difficulty is rising quickly. I bought one at 270 Euro and saw the price drop to 150 Euro 3 days later. So, it is a bit risky from experience.

I don't mean to spread FUD, but when the price drops so drastically and the profitability is still not reachable, one should think twice. Now, if BTC can get up to 150-200 dollars then perhaps things change, and quick...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
trigeek

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 03:02:37 PM

Now, if BTC can get up to 150-200 dollars then perhaps things change, and quick...

BTC price is totally irrelevant.  If that is what makes your money back, you could have just kept your BTC and had the same gains.  ALWAYS ALWAYS calculate your returns in BTC, never dollars.

# HashStrike $ Mining Pools -- Ruby -- Karma -- Mint -- Leaf -- Zeit -- Syn
** Low Fees ** Awesome support ** Super stable **

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:05:11 PM

Now, if BTC can get up to 150-200 dollars then perhaps things change, and quick...

BTC price is totally irrelevant.  If that is what makes your money back, you could have just kept your BTC and had the same gains.  ALWAYS ALWAYS calculate your returns in BTC, never dollars.

Truth!  I was going to buy some miners, but decided to buy BTC instead Smiley
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:08:44 PM

part of the eBay sales satisfies demand for those who do not have btc to spend but rather dollars.

People who pay with dollars may actually make an ROI on them. As their mined BTC gains in value and USD goes down thanks to Uncle Ben. Cheesy

Of course they'd have done better buy just buying BTC and holding it. But where's the fun in that?  Wink
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:12:10 PM

It really depends on your perspective. We are paying in $$$, at least a lot of us are (to buy the BTC), so we have to weigh the odds. I wouldn't say it is so cut and dry, after all, my opinion varies from yours but I can see your perspective.

I can agree with trigeek, probably buying BTC is the best bet, unless you can buy a lot of Gh for cheap. But, there is something to helping the network and having fun mining. I mean when you have a hobby, how often do you even have a chance to make your money back? Maybe with Metal detecting and fishing. But the money isn't #1 I can agree.

Ahhh, I feel better now.  Grin

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:26:09 AM

part of the eBay sales satisfies demand for those who do not have btc to spend but rather dollars.

People who pay with dollars may actually make an ROI on them. As their mined BTC gains in value and USD goes down thanks to Uncle Ben. Cheesy

Of course they'd have done better buy just buying BTC and holding it. But where's the fun in that?  Wink

It works out the same if you buy them from BTC originally in USD.

The only time it doesn't work is using completely stored/mined BTC ^^
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:06:34 AM

This statement is only true when leverage ratio = 1.

In other words, if you buy a miner for 1 bitcoin and it's net production before it obsolesces is one bitcoin, you are even money and did the work for free.

If you buy a miner for 1 bitcoin and net production is 3 bitcoins before obsolescence, this is a leverage ratio of 3.  In this case, you have tripled your money.

Etc.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:35:58 PM

Hi everyone!

GOOD NEWS.

Friedcat meant that he can only guarantee up to 30% of the total number of Block Erupter USB ordered by my group buy:

347 * 0.3  = 104.1

So I can only order up to 104 units.

But this only apply up to 10th August. So after that Friedcat told me that I could order up to 100% of the total number of Block Erupter USB ordered previously.

So It looks like this will be 1 for 1 of the 1 btc price   Grin

Its all clear as mud..  Shocked

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████