Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:58:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Rings - continued  (Read 3757 times)
goebat (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 01:25:03 PM

Hi,

Continued from: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14612.0;all

The original thread is in the obsolete Selling section, and this seems like a logical place for me to start a new thread.

I have received delivery of the new design in sterling silver!
Here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/IDTVC#HckKU

The first pic is a rendering (not a photograph) and the last 3 pics show the old and new designs together for comparison.

Both rings are now available for purchase in dollars and euros at my shapeways shop: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/toadstool
I've made both rings available in all the metal materials available at shapeways, and both are customisable so you can specify ring size.

If you'd prefer to buy with bitcoins (as I'm sure most of you would) I hope to have them up on http://www.bitcoinharbor.com/ as soon as finances permit.

Cheers!

My Shapeways shop
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
FREE BTC every hour           |          More FREE BTC           |          Trade GH/s and mine BTC in the cloud           |          Scrypt cloud mining          |          Bitcoin Pyramid          |
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 02:58:08 AM

If it makes sense and the price is right, I'd be willing to front bitcoins, and let you figure out how much of them you need to turn into cash, and ship directly to me.  I'm not sure if that easier or harder thanhavingyou to get the money together first, order these, and put them on bitcoin harbor, and ship to me.

PM me if you wnt to try to figure something out.
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 10:47:16 AM

@kgo: PM sent!

My Shapeways shop
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
FREE BTC every hour           |          More FREE BTC           |          Trade GH/s and mine BTC in the cloud           |          Scrypt cloud mining          |          Bitcoin Pyramid          |
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 01:08:43 PM

My ring's on the shapeways front page and in a blog post!

http://www.shapeways.com/
http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/908-Bitcoin-hits-Shapeways.html

My Shapeways shop
davidk

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 04:56:27 PM

those are pretty cool man!

unfortunately im just one of those who can't pull of wearing rings  Sad
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 05:03:18 PM

Thanks davidk, glad you like them - all feedback is much appreciated.

My Shapeways shop
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2011, 04:06:13 PM

Thought I'd post an update - I've received a new ring for a customer in polished silver.  The difference in the finish is quite remarkable:

http://imgur.com/RyPbY&XYaut&Dc7RP&YgSS3

My Shapeways shop
kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 05:49:37 PM

I just got my sterling silver ring.  It's nice.  I'm wearing it right now.

It was an adventure.  I sent goebot the bitcoins in advance.  He was going to ship directly to my house, but shapeways wouldn't let him do that because they thought he was trying to dodge VAT tax.  So he had to get it sent to his house, and then ship it to me.

Even though it took a while for reasons out of goebot's control, he kept me informed of the status the entire time.  I always felt fine about sending the bitcoins in advance, and never doubted that I would get the ring.  He's earned my trust.
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2011, 03:34:06 PM

Thanks for the recommendation kgo!

After having the bitcoin ring featured on the Shapeways home page for over a month (quite an honour, as they have tens of thousands of items on offer) I haven't had a single sale.  Who would've thought that people would want to pay for a bitcoin ring with bitcoin and not dollars or euros!  Anyway, after testing the waters with kgo I've reached the conclusion that I need to get a reseller on board.  If anyone is interested in selling the rings, I would love to hear from you so we can try come to an arrangement.  You would have exclusive access to buy the rings directly from my shapeways shop (in dollars or euro) and can then sell them on at whatever price you like.

DM me if you're interested.

Cheers!

My Shapeways shop
harm

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 03:46:54 PM

How cool is that - bitcoin rings:D
I would love to wear one, but I think my girlfriend would do baaaad things with me...Cheesy
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 09:31:57 AM

Imagine what she'd do if you got her one as an engagement ring!   Grin

My Shapeways shop
harm

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 11:31:54 AM

Imagine what she'd do if you got her one as an engagement ring!   Grin

I suppose I shouldn't give it a try;)
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 12:06:11 AM

I was thinking about getting a ring for my right hand, and after looking at a few designs, I realized that what I REALLY wanted was a bitcoin ring. I googled "bitcoin ring", found this thread, and ordered the 2nd generation design in stainless steel. It only cost me ~$25 (including shipping), which isn't that much more than other rings I was looking at. Best of all, I didn't have to spend any of my precious bitcoins to get it Smiley

It's supposed to ship by December 31st.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 12:38:50 AM

Threads can be unlocked and moved out of the obsolete forums by their OPs.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 11:13:30 AM

@dacoinminster I submitted the custom size to Shapeways yesterday - hope the ring arrives on schedule.  Please let us know how it turns out!

My Shapeways shop
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 12:46:17 AM

Hi All, I am currently looking for distributors for my bitcoin rings.

Distributors would purchase bulk orders of the rings from my shapeways shop: www.shapeways.com/shops/toadstool in fiat (USD or EURO, depending on your location) at a pre-determined price.  Shapeways would mail the rings directly to you, and you would then sell and distribute them for BTC. Each distributor would be responsible for their own marketing and distribution.

I see this as a good opportunity for anyone trying to get into bitcoin but who doesn't have an easy route to buy them through an exchange (UK residents, for example?).

Please PM me if you're interested.

My Shapeways shop
Ricochet

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:20:23 AM

Unfortunately I cannot do anything for you regarding that last post, but your bump brought this thread to my attention, and I'm rather interested in getting a Bitcoin ring.  However I do not have any idea what my ring size is, or how to find that out.  Should I go to a random jeweler nearby or is there a better way to find out?
goebat (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 02:24:34 AM

This might help: http://findmyringsize.com/?layout=2

My Shapeways shop
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: