Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:19:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your first altcoin experience  (Read 518 times)
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:05:48 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 10:19:50 AM by aleksandra_kickcity

How did you decide to buy some altcoins istead of BTC? And Why?

There are a lot of crypto and its not that easy to decide which one to choose. Some still believe that BTC is the best way to invest. However its getting too expensive.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:10:35 AM

Obviously now not everyone can afford 1 btc , but this is still a myth there are many alts which give way more profit than btc the only difference is btc has less risks involved. People don't invest in alts because they can fall easily and the support levels are way lesser than btc.

I don't only buy alts or only hold btc i have divided my investments more in alts less in btc.
While deciding i normally check charts of the price or look for any hints given by any developer, for example how charlie teased something big with ltc which increased the price by 3 times.
urosan

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:24:30 AM

For the first time i invested really small, so decided to go for quantity Smiley I checked marketcap to see prices and sorted by lowest price. Then checked 1 by 1, till i found 1 altcoin that i liked. I checked product, team, rumors and then i decided that this product/service can have potential in the future. So far i don't regret that buy.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:35:46 AM

Each person in general of course have a different plans in the investment he/she made, strategy or arrangement of the steps that has been determined and certainly is tailored to the fund owned.
Btc indeed is still the best way to invest, but besides that of course there's altcoin that can be used as an investment too, some the right altcoin to be invested., it certainly would be promising a high profits too and it's not much different like as investing in bitcoin. Well I personally, if I've enough fund.. I will prefer to spreading the investments in btc and some altcoin too.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:51:22 AM

There are a lot of crypto and its not that easy to decide which one to choose. Some still believe that BTC is the best way to invest. However its getting too expensive.

I just look at the top 10 atlcoins, do more research about giant coins and finally do invest on at least three coins. Though lots of good coins that are out their I believe that I made a good decision. Yes bitcoin is getting too expensive but holding on it is still a profitable one, always trade with your strategy so you can earn profit.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:55:32 AM

Each person in general of course have a different plans in the investment he/she made, strategy or arrangement of the steps that has been determined and certainly is tailored to the fund owned.
Btc indeed is still the best way to invest, but besides that of course there's altcoin that can be used as an investment too, some the right altcoin to be invested., it certainly would be promising a high profits too and it's not much different like as investing in bitcoin. Well I personally, if I've enough fund.. I will prefer to spreading the investments in btc and some altcoin too.

Do you know any ways to attract people to crypto community?

I know just one. Is using KickCity platform, where users are rewarded for event promotion
ItBeginInAfrica

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:02:03 AM

the offer is super wide. You can try to read about as many running projects as you can and find
something with a viable use case. That is a good starting point.
Another way is try to invest little money in projects were the price is still very low cause
those project are easier to multiply in value (especially if they are not entirely nonsensical)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:21:11 AM

The reasons that makes me decides to choose altcoin because of the project with updates and development. Though btc is expensive yet you can choose altcoin that it has to offer or potential to grow the prices. Ofcourse by the flow or charts of the coin, value, supply, and volume these could help you to choose on which to invest.
fatalzz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:32:24 AM

Decided to buy alts because of my brother and got into ethereum at $6, made the stupid mistake of selling it at $60 and even though i lost a lot of potential profit without that happening I wouldn't be where i am today and it made me smarter.  Grin
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:46:24 AM

I just interested in their business plan. Just like neo. i remember that i have participated in the crowdsale and i had bought around 10k neo. but i was selling all of them and that's my big regret about that.
the expensive of the bitcoin makes the smallholders will be so difficult to play in the bitcoin and alt can become an alternative way for that.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
dagon666

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:02:23 PM

I got into BTC and Ethereum early 2016..  Unfortunately I also got scammed into TBC (The Billion Coin).  I just wish I had just held all my coins instead of parting with them into scam programs online.. I would be out on a yacht or playing night golf now if i did Sad  Them the breaks huh?

The first alt was Ethereum therefore.

I don't think its too early to get into BTC, any increment is fine and you could have got it for a steal the least 12 hours or so.
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:24:47 PM

My first altcoin was Hacker Gold(HKG)which at present is almost -80% now and it still feels bad to be part of the project.It was delisted from bittrex due to low volume.Then came VSL, which again was another failure.I am with wings now and hope this bad experience will not be repeated again.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Jr.robert

Activity: 205
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:30:35 PM

No body can deny the fact that the thing that attracted them towards Crypto world is BTC , Still there are numerous altcoins available and they are getting enough Funding and are Progressing in Market.
Investment is a personal opinion and faith which urge one to make investment in any thing. I used to buy some altcoins in past but price drop drastically and i lost a good sum, but i still believe in altcoins and analyzing the best place to Invest.
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:38:58 PM

No body can deny the fact that the thing that attracted them towards Crypto world is BTC , Still there are numerous altcoins available and they are getting enough Funding and are Progressing in Market.
Investment is a personal opinion and faith which urge one to make investment in any thing. I used to buy some altcoins in past but price drop drastically and i lost a good sum, but i still believe in altcoins and analyzing the best place to Invest.

The reason for our buy is due to being new technical expertise with each altcoin and not all are successful with their attempts.I hope newbies read each of these threads and invest wisely with their first altcoin.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:47:07 PM

I've decided to buy some altcoins when bitcoin's price is high and I am gaining a lot if profit in my investment. I then invested those earnings to altcoins that I see has a huge potential but before doing that I've researched first beforehand so that I can mitigate the risk that comes along in investing to other cryptos. The reason I decided to do so, is that there are quite a few altcoins that has a huge potential to be successful in the future and investing in them will make you earn faster rather than depending on bitcoin only.
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:53:10 PM

My first was when I was just scrolling through this forum. I was looking for a coin that was somewhere in the 50-100 range on coinmarketcap. Didn't want to go for the top 10 because I thought they had less room to grow. Ended up buying some adex and made some money until they basically lied about releasing a prototype

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:19:21 PM

I've decided to buy some altcoins when bitcoin's price is high and I am gaining a lot if profit in my investment. I then invested those earnings to altcoins that I see has a huge potential but before doing that I've researched first beforehand so that I can mitigate the risk that comes along in investing to other cryptos. The reason I decided to do so, is that there are quite a few altcoins that has a huge potential to be successful in the future and investing in them will make you earn faster rather than depending on bitcoin only.

Other than bitcoin I mostly goes to ethereum and litecoin only that will be gives perfect profit for me. But investing on cheap coins will not give the profit all the time to you. I will make you understand that think we'll, if you invest on the coin which is below than 1 USD we may find the dump 50 cent and you bought hundreds of coins means you will loose 50 percent of the mkeny but bitcoin will not let you find that you may loose the less amount only when dump as well.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:42:37 PM

actually i never bought bitcoin for keeping. I decided to buy some etc, that s why i bought bitcoin. And i exchange the bitcoins i bought immediately to etc. Then i kept investing to altcoins more. If i would only keep bitcoins instead of buying altcoins, i would have more profit. But what can we do, shit happens  Smiley
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:58:46 PM

actually i never bought bitcoin for keeping. I decided to buy some etc, that s why i bought bitcoin. And i exchange the bitcoins i bought immediately to etc. Then i kept investing to altcoins more. If i would only keep bitcoins instead of buying altcoins, i would have more profit. But what can we do, shit happens  Smiley

He he =) well... at least you tried
ciacio84

Activity: 258

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:21:43 PM

I bought altcoin in September and I lost several dollars, but now I have recovered
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: