Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:22:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your first altcoin experience  (Read 518 times)
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:10:42 PM

How did you decide to buy some altcoins istead of BTC? And Why?

There are a lot of crypto and its not that easy to decide which one to choose. Some still believe that BTC is the best way to invest. However its getting too expensive.

My first ALTcoin is LITEcoin, then I believe someday Litecoin will be side with bitcoin but since ETH comes my confidence fades. He gives more advancement than Litecoin and until now the second trading volume is ETH, indeed Now the bitcoin price is very expensive but bitcoin continues to peak heat will not be extinguished.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
maxim4eg123

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:35:35 PM

Because I can not buy 1 BTC. So I choose to buy altcoin and hold them. I usually learn coin it. who is the moderator roadmap. White paper. development team. and look at its chart. I chose a few altcoins that I thought were good. Up to now I have had three times the capital at first
Flode

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:22:11 PM

Started mining altcoins, and they increased steadily, so I decided to buy some as well Smiley
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:56:14 PM

My first in altcoins is unexpectedly, because when I buy some ripple it was amounting BTC0.00005 then now it was raised up into BTC0.001 what a big changes in the amount. I feel that time that I'm lucky. So now I was continue trade and I also enjoyed it, I guess thru help of trading system my investment will be growth. Moreover I just holding my investment for 5 years and I guess it's enough to have a high income.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:07:16 PM

My first in altcoins is unexpectedly, because when I buy some ripple it was amounting BTC0.00005 then now it was raised up into BTC0.001 what a big changes in the amount. I feel that time that I'm lucky. So now I was continue trade and I also enjoyed it, I guess thru help of trading system my investment will be growth. Moreover I just holding my investment for 5 years and I guess it's enough to have a high income.
It's good for you, I hope my ethereum investment are raising up like your ripple. But I still believe and holding my ethereum coin, maybe this is not the time to increase up my ethereum.

However I still believe that if this coin catch a big whale, like bitcoin it will become successful. Hopefully that it will happen.
Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:09:12 PM

The story is same for us. We generally got some cheap altcoins in the past but we couldn't hold them in order to get the maximum profit. We couldn't guess the market would be this much big. Nobody did actually. We left the train earlier than we're supposed to leave. Not saying for ripple, saying for my past experience in alt coins.
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:32:22 PM

i got into crypto as a miner and transitioned to a trader, my first coin was ETH, then i tried ETC mining, Zcash mining, now im Mining ITNS (intense coin)
most profit i got from itns, since i got very early and price of itns is growing by the day, i cant imagine what will happen then itns will be listed in bigger exchange.
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:51:34 AM

My first altcoin experience that I bought was pink, burst and digibyte. It's what my fellow bitcoin traders recommending to me and it was really a good experience because it all pump at that time.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:19:57 AM

My first experience is when I bought SiaCoin at 20ish Satoshi, and later I sell it for a quick profit because I really need a money. At that point, I believe the coin will be huge because a decentralized cloud service is a good idea but I really need quick bucks so I'm forced to sell it. I'm glad I jump in again at 40-50 sats. and now its really give me a good profit.
mrchef111

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:28:20 AM

I am super new to the crypto world. I made the mistake of doing my first 200 dollar purchase of Bitcoin when it was at 19000. And I did with with a bank transfer on Coinbase. After I initiated that transfer, it wouldn't let me do any credit card buys until that transfer completed. It took me 8 days to get my coins. lol By then BTC was worth like 14k or 13k. At any rate the first two ALTcoins I bought were Ripple and Tronix, because I have some good friends that have been in the Crypto space for quite awhile and they got me excited about those coins. Now about three weeks into my cryptocurrency experience I have several coin positions in Altcoins, I always spend my BTC on other positions. I probably should keep some BTC on hand though. Loving this crazy and addicting Crypto world. I also found this site which seems pretty cool for some analysis anyways on coins, as far as research goes. https://coincheckup.com
Gangy

Activity: 225

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:07:43 AM

Let me think about it, if I am not wrong i got my first alt coins from a bounty campaign that i participated. Then i started trading using that coin and one investment followed the other. Alt coins are fun to follow and trade. If you know what you are doing you can profit a lot in short time.

ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:14:46 AM

My first altcoin experience is litecoin and then i bough some dark coin and keeping it untill dark coin rebrand to Dash and it is explode. My experience told me that in thia industry if you believe  in some coin hold it at least two years and it will gives you lambos

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 11:22:26 AM

There are a lot of crypto and its not that easy to decide which one to choose. Some still believe that BTC is the best way to invest. However its getting too expensive.

If you can see here according to today's market condition it is not easy for a common man to buy 1 BTC and hold it for the long term for investment purposes. The first altcoin which I bought was Ethereum because it was one of the major coins next to Bitcoin as it was indicating some good tradeable chart patterns and Ethereum was having good trading volume even at those starting days and it was enough for me to pick that Ethereum and invest my capital here for long-term movement.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
ciacio84

Activity: 258
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:41:22 AM

I bought several altcoins, but I immediately sold them when I made a small profit ... I did not imagine that the price of the altcoins could continue to increase so much .... In 2018 I decided to keep some altcoins in my wallet and do not sell them for at least 6 months
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:23:50 PM

I still have not bought an altcoin yet. But I do believe that altcoins are the future to becoming rich. If you invest in an altcoin that is under developing, knowing that one day it will reach a higher value, you will get so much profits adding the profits of the other altcoins you already invested in.

However, bitcoin plays a major role too regardless of its expensive price. I would have just waited for the price to go down so I can buy because I believe that the bitcoin price will go up in a matter of time.
Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:25:24 PM

i never wanted to invest in bitcoin. i used bitcoin only to buy altcoins. That is why from the beginning i only focus on alts. The first altcoin i bought was ethereum classic. it pumped so many time. but not profitable nowadays.
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:17:15 AM

I was in with ripple and doge and sold quickly after having some less faith in both of these.Today these are almost 50x and this was one bad decision I ever made.I sold BTC when it didn't have much marketcap and never expected to reach this high.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:36:07 PM

Actually I started off in crypto by buying an altcoin, to be specific I bought ETH about a year ago. I then exchanged some of that Ether to BTC and this was the first time I got hold of some BTC. I like altcoins a lot as there is such a huge variety in them, actually there are too many altcoins that I want to buy nowadays, I really have to limit myself to select only a few that I like the most.
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:00:01 PM

I just rely on my feeling and the list of market cap to determine the coin that I choose to invest, at least I choose some coins that are well known and enthused many people then I hold it in the long term.
GalaxyWorld

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:13:23 PM

I am super new to the crypto world. I made the mistake of doing my first 200 dollar purchase of Bitcoin when it was at 19000. And I did with with a bank transfer on Coinbase. After I initiated that transfer, it wouldn't let me do any credit card buys until that transfer completed. It took me 8 days to get my coins. lol By then BTC was worth like 14k or 13k. At any rate the first two ALTcoins I bought were Ripple and Tronix, because I have some good friends that have been in the Crypto space for quite awhile and they got me excited about those coins. Now about three weeks into my cryptocurrency experience I have several coin positions in Altcoins, I always spend my BTC on other positions. I probably should keep some BTC on hand though. Loving this crazy and addicting Crypto world. I also found this site which seems pretty cool for some analysis anyways on coins, as far as research goes. https://coincheckup.com
I invested all the capital I had in DGB a few months ago, at that time DGB is worth more than 2000 sts, the community is supporting it a lot, DGB has a slight increase but then it's continuous devalued and I had to sell a loss of 50% of my capital. After this I never traded my entire fund in a coin anymore, it was too risky. But mistakes can be made and that is my lesson.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: