Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:34:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: YoBit.net Support hasn't responded in a month. What do i do?  (Read 209 times)
MSTDR (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:53:42 PM

Hi,

I accidentally sent Ethereum from my Coinbase account to an Ethereum Classic wallet on YoBit. I created a YoBit support ticket on November 13th and they still have not responded.

From what I understand, only YoBit can move my Ethereum to its proper wallet. Please advise me on what I should do. I really need the money now and cant use it.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MSTDR (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 08:37:33 PM

Support still hasn't responded. All exchanges take a long time to respond because there are more users than support can handle, YoBit is known for exceptionally terrible support when compared to everyone else. I've contacted support again several times and I also contacted Dominique Herzog who is some kind of admin on YoBit. Support never responded; Dominique responded with some message that had nothing to do with what I asked.

I later caught Dominique in chat and asked him when they will respond and he said that its not the exchanges fault that I transferred ETH to my ETC wallet by accident and that they have no method of getting my ETH back and that maybe by 2020 support will get to my case. I like to think that he is messing with me but that's only because I have hope in getting my ETH back. What Dominique said is bullshit because other exchanges can retrieve ETH from an ETC wallet and there are plenty of posts from users on this forum that made the same mistake and YoBit got their ETH back.

I even offered support 2 ETH for their trouble if they got my ETH back within 2 weeks and still no response.

I transferred a total of 10 ETH so this is a lot of money. This happened in November. This is the transaction:

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xfcd28ba9ff2d2be8c781ab8be4a32d18823ecc7b6cb11b79e28ab48d6e52f1ec
MSTDR (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 01:47:53 AM

They have no reason to give it back except to maintain their reputation. Their reputation is already bad so why not keep $10,000+ worth of Ethereum, its not like I can do anything about it. i heard that these guys are under investigation by Russian authorities. I wonder if i can file a report with them and maybe they will do the right thing.
jdragon

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:32:55 AM

As long as you have the hash and show them the correct address.

They should fund into you youbit acc.

Happen to me sometime with youbit. and they fix it after 24hrs
MSTDR (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:41:41 AM

This happened on November 13, 2017. This is the transaction:

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xfcd28ba9ff2d2be8c781ab8be4a32d18823ecc7b6cb11b79e28ab48d6e52f1ec

I even offered them to keep 2 ETH if they get it done within the next 7 days.

Thanks for your input. Dominique Herzog (some kind of admin on YoBit) claims that it is impossible for YoBit to do this but here you are telling me they did it. There are other users on this forum that made this common mistake and got their ETH back. You probably did not send $10,000+ of ETH that's why they refunded you. I guess its only impossible when there is a large sum of money..... Angry
jdragon

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:39:24 AM

In fact yes my value was up to around 10K during that time. In TRX and ETH.

And my support guy is Narvia
MSTDR (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:45:12 AM

In fact yes my value was up to around 10K during that time. In TRX and ETH.

And my support guy is Narvia

Thanks i'll shoot him a private message and see what happens.
jdragon

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:53:06 AM

Also what the status of the transaction in history page?

May be take screen shot of that as well and send it to him
MSTDR (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:01:11 AM

There is no record of the transaction on YoBit for some reason but there is a record of it on Coinbase being sent to my YoBit ETC (not ETH) address
jdragon

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:02:15 AM

Take both of that screen shot and send to him

Also double check your address on Yobit ETH the same as on Hash
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:14:28 AM

Support still hasn't responded. All exchanges take a long time to respond because there are more users than support can handle, YoBit is known for exceptionally terrible support when compared to everyone else. I've contacted support again several times and I also contacted Dominique Herzog who is some kind of admin on YoBit. Support never responded; Dominique responded with some message that had nothing to do with what I asked.

I later caught Dominique in chat and asked him when they will respond and he said that its not the exchanges fault that I transferred ETH to my ETC wallet by accident and that they have no method of getting my ETH back and that maybe by 2020 support will get to my case. I like to think that he is messing with me but that's only because I have hope in getting my ETH back. What Dominique said is bullshit because other exchanges can retrieve ETH from an ETC wallet and there are plenty of posts from users on this forum that made the same mistake and YoBit got their ETH back.

I even offered support 2 ETH for their trouble if they got my ETH back within 2 weeks and still no response.

I transferred a total of 10 ETH so this is a lot of money. This happened in November. This is the transaction:

Dang, that's like $10k worth of money. If you don't get it back then it's a huge hole for you to fill financially.

There is no way for obit to automatically redirect your Ethereum from their ETC wallet to the ETH wallet. It's going to have to be done manually, and with their current level of responsiveness in support i just don't see it going anywhere.

Your offers of 2 ETH as a reward is a good idea, but if they're not even going to bother responding, what good will it do?

Don't expect too much, consider your money lost and any coins recouped should be considered to be a profit. Lesson learned, next time double check that you're depositing to the right wallet before broadcasting your transaction.
MSTDR (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:29:35 AM

Dang, that's like $10k worth of money. If you don't get it back then it's a huge hole for you to fill financially.

There is no way for obit to automatically redirect your Ethereum from their ETC wallet to the ETH wallet. It's going to have to be done manually, and with their current level of responsiveness in support i just don't see it going anywhere.

Your offers of 2 ETH as a reward is a good idea, but if they're not even going to bother responding, what good will it do?

Don't expect too much, consider your money lost and any coins recouped should be considered to be a profit. Lesson learned, next time double check that you're depositing to the right wallet before broadcasting your transaction.

Whats bad is that if ETH increases to $30,000 each a few years from now its going to really mess with me if I don't have closure that my money is gone. If it was impossible to retrieve my ETH from my ETC wallet then I would be at peace, but it is possible and that is going to eat away at me.
MSTDR (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 11:24:35 PM

Here is an update of what is going on. I contacted one of the admins in chat. There is a transcript of be being laughed at for asking that they return my money

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4868465.msg43854288#msg43854288
nwo99

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

Looking for a good project

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:23:30 AM

For those of you who know Russian, this is the news report of Pavel Krymov's arrest (on youtube):
Pavel is the alleged founder of yobit scam exchange

Looking for a good project to work on
MSTDR (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 02:52:16 AM

For those of you who know Russian, this is the news report of Pavel Krymov's arrest (on youtube):

I don't think his arrest will result in me getting any money back.
nwo99

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

Looking for a good project

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:34:46 AM

I don't think his arrest will result in me getting any money back.

You are not alone mate

Looking for a good project to work on
MSTDR (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2021, 05:56:13 AM

BUMP I still never got my money back
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1857

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
July 18, 2021, 02:42:48 AM

BUMP I still never got my money back

It is sad that you still haven't yet recovered your funds until now, but what is more sad is that you haven't yet moved on until now. If you were not able to get it back in 2017 and in 2018 and then in 2019 and 2020, there is almost no reason at all why you would get it back in 2021. That's YoBit you are dealing with. It's a scam.

But I am curious, does this involve a big amount of money? What have you done to try recover your funds these past few years? I'm afraid people here might have nothing to help you in this case.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██