Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:22:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The rise of Dogecoin  (Read 253 times)
classictv613 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:44:50 PM

Was just reading through some articles and found that Dogecoin has been booming the last few days (http://abcbitcoins.org/2017/12/16/dogecoin-explodes/).

I tried playing around with Dogecoin a few years back, but never saw much potential, but now I'm not too sure. Is it worth re-investing in Dogecoin or is this simply due to the rise of Bitcoin?
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:48:19 PM

Well, it is doge and I am sure you already know the whole story behind how doge came to the market. It is a coin without a limited supply and as much as you can have some of it, that does not mean you should count on it too much. It can be rising now, just like any other alt, and moreover, it is just getting a retracement back up after the long crash before the last fork.
Nevertheless, this is a good coin to trade though and it has been given me some nice profit but whether it is going to rise further? No one knows that for sure!
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:50:48 PM

Was just reading through some articles and found that Dogecoin has been booming the last few days (http://abcbitcoins.org/2017/12/16/dogecoin-explodes/).

I tried playing around with Dogecoin a few years back, but never saw much potential, but now I'm not too sure. Is it worth re-investing in Dogecoin or is this simply due to the rise of Bitcoin?

I have 10,400+ DOGE right now, and my friend also invested around 50,000+ of it recently. We bought it when DOGE is still at $0.006, but now it's dropping a bit. However, it's unlikely that it would surge in 2018 because it's the year of the dog. I was thinking that if this could be also the "Year of the Dogecoin", and skyrockets high, it's going to be one of the most surprising coins ever. They just need a new developer, that's all.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:57:40 PM

Even their chart looks pretty much the same: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dogecoin/
If this time we gona expect the same kind of pump then we still have a chance to buy some doges.

Sangkuni

Activity: 392
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:04:51 PM

well if u want investing in cheap coin for longterm, better u spend ur money to buy rdd, burst, or siacoin xD
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:05:16 PM

Dogecoin is one of the best altcoins to invest in my opinion. It will be popular anyway due to funny branding. As long as people who remember that meme are on the Earth, dogecoin will be popular.
Rabeya

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:06:39 PM

Yes Dogecoin price is rising for past few days but if you see the historical graph, you can find its price was more than 120 satoshi but now only 35 satoshi.
scaramanga1337

Activity: 280
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:11:07 PM

in the past doge/btc was a great trading opportunity maybe now doge/btc becomes more consistent... at least doge made a great move......personally i think it goes much higher Smiley
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 04:13:03 PM

Dogecoin is just a play coin. I don't think it is rising due to any development or so. Just like all the alts, it is also rising. You can invest some % of your funds in Doge, but I wouldn't advise investing a lot in Doge, especially for long terms. Ultimately only those coins will survive in future, which will have some actual use.

DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:13:12 PM

It's much MUCH cheaper to send than bitcoin. Since its less than 100 sats if makes converting your btc into doge easy. You don't have to worry about trying to buy a bunch of small orders you can most likely buy all the Doge at the same sat price.
RichardBTC

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:26:32 PM

i love dogecoin, was the first crypto currency coin i got into in 2013. Bought 145K for about 50 dollars and now its worth over 600 dollars but i lost my password to my wallet so i can see the coins but i cant touch them hahaha

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:39:14 PM

I believe Dogecoin have potetials, but it seems that it won't recognize by many investors that why it't market value is small. Dogecoin is the same with other altcoins in which rise and fall are usually happen. Not on the correlations with bitcoins price because they are in different used and mostly we've experience is that, when bitcoin price is high-possible all alts are faling. We consider also that this year isn't time for Doge, and we just hoping that someday Doge will came out from the corner and shine just like the others.
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:51:29 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 05:44:25 PM by Raist

Doge is for fun right now. It is steadily inflationary coin. Market is growing a lot of people want to earn and Doge with their 2.5% of yearly inflation without developer and a lot of coins are not the best instrument of investment. Although Doge used to move funds between exchanges, they have wide recognition and big loyal community, they are easy to buy in numbers and they are much wow many crypto finally. Best crypto for education and mass adoption but not very good for the investment at the moment. From the other side Doge has doubled savings of many people many time so who knows.
Blueblade

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:52:55 PM

Compared with other cryptocurrencies, Dogecoin had a fast initial coin production schedule: 100 billion coins were in circulation by mid-2015, with an additional 5.256 billion coins every year thereafter. As of 30 June 2015, the 100 billionth Dogecoin had been mined.December 2013, Dogecoin quickly developed its own online community and reached a capitalization of US$60 million in January 2014 as of December 2017, it has a capitalization of US$308 million.
Lavight

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:58:08 PM

This is one of that top altcoins that hasn't grown as much as others, so I would not expect its rise so soon.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:59:25 PM

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dogecoin/
When you look at the chart deeply you will find that dogecoin price hasn't increased in terms of bitcoin and its price has only increased in terms of fiat because bitcoin has increased by 17x in  very short time so price of other alts like dogecoin is still high despite they are dumped in btc pair.

Igorgnome

Activity: 252

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:08:38 PM

I'm thinking to invest some in this coin. There are real arguments in favor of possible growth? While I have not heard any  Cry. I like this coin and I just wish she grew out of sympathy for her Grin.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:11:58 PM

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dogecoin/
When you look at the chart deeply you will find that dogecoin price hasn't increased in terms of bitcoin and its price has only increased in terms of fiat because bitcoin has increased by 17x in  very short time so price of other alts like dogecoin is still high despite they are dumped in btc pair.

That's why I think it will soon dump even lower in btc price again, I hope I'm wrong.
ra213

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 08:13:43 PM

There are many other promising projects. Why would you invest in a funcoin? Maybe you could make some profit from pump and dump, but better invest in coins with unique features. There you can really make profit.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Javathon

Activity: 169

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:15:50 PM

I don't think it would last long, doge coin is clearly made not to have a great price increase. It is a meme coin, it is just use for micro payments. It has an unlimited supply so we cannot really say the the price will continue to increase
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: