Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:51:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you knew Bitcoin would never change in value, would you buy it?  (Read 943 times)
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:50:31 AM

Off course I personally believe that Bitcoins is something that is destined to be a store house of value and not a Currency. It's really no different than fiat if..it's value remains the same and I see no reason why I would go to great lengths to...buy and.. make a wallet key secure and you know submit the bank documents account details look around for other scams and news.
I think it's name.cryptocyrrency often sets people on the wrong path, it was supposed to be meant for strore house of value with immense scope of.growth and stability is a negative factor nothing else.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 03:53:25 AM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.

Of course you won't because you are just a speculator here thinking that bitcoin is an easy to get rich scheme and there is no doubt about it. Its good to see that bitcoin would have a stable price because finally a mass adoption could occur. Merchants and service providers won't be afraid of accepting bitcoin if this happens plus they could grow their businesses in a world wide scale because of the nature of bitcoin.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
jakezyrus00

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:54:42 AM

If the value of bitcoin is guaranteed that it will no longer change then I will never buy bitcoin again because what is the purpose anymore of buying bitcoin is its value will never increase again. I will not have any ROI with that.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:01:43 AM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.
Yes, this is a very good question. I read the comments on it, almost everyone agrees that there would be no point in buying bitcoin if it did not rise in price. This suggests that bitcoin will soon be a museum exhibit. It will not be able to constantly grow in price and therefore people will gradually switch to using other types of crypto currency, cheaper and more promising for growth in price.
jeffer8035

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:13:59 AM

I would buy it the same because it protects me from the influence of my country and if it is going to have the same value it is because it became world currency and because my money is managed by me, not any bank and also to buy other altcoins that also go up in price and they would earn more than the bitcoin

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
suemendez25

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:36:48 PM

I think if we are talking about it as a pure currency it would be good. It will not be an investment though if the value cannot go up as it can;t generate the profit we are looking for.
maichimoto

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 12:48:53 PM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.

you have complete misunderstanding of what ponzi is. With Ponzi, the profits are being paid from the newly bought members of the scheme, by a central party. Bitcoin is transacted peer to peer for the market prices..
thecodebear

Activity: 2072
Merit: 813

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:09:44 PM

So then any investment ever is a ponzi scheme according to the OP. I don't think the OP knows the definition of ponzi scheme.

Also, while the reason Bitcoin ever gained traction is because of the price volatility and its continued exponential rise, that is basically just a trick to get people to use this revolutionary tech. Once hundreds of millions or billions of people have bought it, and the market has started to mature, and volatility goes way down, people will use it because they have it already! At that point it can act as both their own personal bank account as well as an easy quick way to pay for anything (once merchant adoption expands which will happen as adoption expands). The capped supply is the economic trick to get people to buy in as an investment, and all its other features is why people will use it once they have it and the market has matured.
Btchunter3333

Activity: 486
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:18:10 PM

Yes i will buy bitcoin even if the price will remain the same. The bitcoin and technology behind it can make payments easy and even more safer than card payments. You should think about bitcoin like a whole technology and not only as a coin with a price.
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:23:08 PM

Absolutely not, the reason why bitcoins is very profitable is because of the volatility of the market which can be used by every trader in the market in order to earn more profit.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:53:51 AM

The answer is very simple, if bitcoins value will not be moving or not volatile then no one will invest because it was not profitable, volatility is important in order for us to earn profit.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:50:52 AM

@op , do you mean when bitcoin became stable and will not ever change its value?  sure i would still use and hold it but i wont ever buy it because i am not a buyer or investor in bitcoin .  bitcoin being stable is also good for all of us because we can now earn a fix income all the time but as long as its base price is not lower than 8k usd , im sure , majority of the people including me will already agree with that price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: