Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:42:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you knew Bitcoin would never change in value, would you buy it?  (Read 943 times)
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:45:14 AM

I would be perfectly happy if there were ANY digital currency that had a fixed value (to say Euro or USD) peg.   It's the usefulness of its portability that is most beneficial for me.   The increase in value over the past years that has simply been a bonus.

sent from my X6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Master Third

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:56:17 AM

I would be perfectly happy if there were ANY digital currency that had a fixed value (to say Euro or USD) peg.   It's the usefulness of its portability that is most beneficial for me.   The increase in value over the past years that has simply been a bonus.

I think this thing will not happen because it is a business and and let's say that will be implemented still it will cause a problem by crypto itself because the value of dollar is changing in other countries.
aji567

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:36:06 AM

Yes obviously I will buy bitcoin because bitcoin is the most valuable asset for the future. So what are you waiting for let's buy bitcoin.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:11:42 AM

In fact if bitcoin would be stable or no volatile it would be more used by banks and all other companies because you have a fixed price, it could work as the US value only that digital.
That is why USDT was created for, but it is impossible to use it because it has been manipulated a lot by just one company, bitfinex.

Yeah I will definitely invest in bitcoin and I am sure that the investment will be more than today because many people are afraid to invest in bitcoin because of the volatility.

If the price is stable then many companies, banks, or other organizations will start accepting bitcoin because the value will not change, and now many big companies do not accept because they have the fear to lose their money.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:59:34 PM

Indeed, this is a very interesting and timely question. I am sure that most people would not buy bitcoin if they knew that it would not increase in price and they would not receive income from raising its rate. Demand for bitcoin would then fall sharply. What would happen with bitkoynom then? The answer is obvious: it would fall sharply in price. This indicates that as soon as bitcoin ceases to grow, due to a drop in demand for it, it will quickly lose its value. Moreover, the inflated value of the bubble and drop to the real value. I do not even want to predict how low it can be.
      Unlike bitcoin, with altcoyins, things are much better. They were mainly created to facilitate our life in a particular industry and have their own real value.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:09:36 PM

Indeed, this is a very interesting and timely question. I am sure that most people would not buy bitcoin if they knew that it would not increase in price and they would not receive income from raising its rate. Demand for bitcoin would then fall sharply. What would happen with bitkoynom then? The answer is obvious: it would fall sharply in price. This indicates that as soon as bitcoin ceases to grow, due to a drop in demand for it, it will quickly lose its value. Moreover, the inflated value of the bubble and drop to the real value. I do not even want to predict how low it can be.
      Unlike bitcoin, with altcoyins, things are much better. They were mainly created to facilitate our life in a particular industry and have their own real value.
Yea mate said correctly that if price of BTC become fixed then BTC will be lose his more customers because more people are like bitcoin due to volatility of BTC as the price of BTC is varying then various traders are doing trading at that moment so when it fixed then trader will stop trading and BTC will face big loss also.
Amelial

Activity: 160

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:25:18 PM

I will keep bitcoin, because I am sure bitcoin will give me a big profit
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:07:47 AM

I think that the majority will answer this question negatively. Especially now, when bitcoin has become slow, with hundreds of thousands of suspended transactions and an average commission of $ 37.
     However, we return to our question. If bitcoin is bought mainly because of speculative aspirations, then what will happen to its price after it stops in its growth? And this means that the demand for it will drop sharply and it will also start falling sharply in price.
Travel Token

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:46:23 AM

It would change a lot if you use Bitcoin as investment. Then I wouldn't buy it, I would choose standard bank investment.
On the other hand if you use bitcoin as form of payment constant value would be helpful.
Actually value of BTC will never be constant, so we don't have to worry about that.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
lifengpu

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:55:29 AM

Most likely, I would not do this because I specifically invest in bitcoin because the price of it changes and I earn it
seandiumx20

Activity: 312
Merit: 109

arcs-chain.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:05:59 PM

I would not buy bitcoin. For sure, majority of the people won't buy bitcoin and if there will be few people would buy, this will result to bitcoin's fall. I think it might be more okay to use fiat money.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:46:07 PM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.

No, I won't buy or storing bitcoin if the price is stable. Because, bitcoin and other types of crypto is not recognized as a means of payment in my country even though the price is stable. So, storing bitcoin under such conditions would be very unreasonable.

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:14:38 PM

If it were guaranteed that the price of bitcoin would stay the same as it is today, would you still buy it?  My guess is, the answer is no. But if its value lies in being a currency, price stability is essential. And if your answer is no, how is it then not just a Ponzi scheme? In other words, everyone is buying it on the hope of someone paying more for it in the future, not to use it as a currency.

No, I won't buy or storing bitcoin if the price is stable. Because, bitcoin and other types of crypto is not recognized as a means of payment in my country even though the price is stable. So, storing bitcoin under such conditions would be very unreasonable.

But it can be. Wouldn't you want to risk storing it so that you can have an alternative in case someone tries to seize your wealth? If it would never gain value but also never lose it would still be better than most people you can buy. Cars, boats, aircrafts, they all depreciate in value and bitcoin would stay the same which would make it a great alternative investment for doomsday preppers.
Odlanyer

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:27:05 PM

We all know that the greatest characteristic of bitcoin is  its Volatility, Many has ride the wave when bitcoin has reached 20k Mark from 1k USD. So if the bitcoin's price is guaranteed to stay the same I would not buy it since I will not profit to it.
rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:35:11 PM

Nothing can stay at the same price level indefinitely and BTC will drop and will pump many times as it is a volatile investment.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:44:00 PM

Fiat money becomes cheaper due to inflation and devaluation. If bitcoin does not change the cost, then this is the best solution for investing.
I would buy it for my own purposes.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:00:42 PM

Fiat money becomes cheaper due to inflation and devaluation. If bitcoin does not change the cost, then this is the best solution for investing.

Human beings by default are to pursue some set of profit and that is what ruled all of their financial decision to the buying of a house or to the establishment of a business down to the contribution to a mutual fund just because they believe it will turn out more money at some time in the future. What now differentiate individual is about how greedy are we which has prompt individual investment decisions in the crypto world in general and not bitcoin.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:34:21 PM

Human beings by default are to pursue some set of profit and that is what ruled all of their financial decision to the buying of a house or to the establishment of a business down to the contribution to a mutual fund just because they believe it will turn out more money at some time in the future. What now differentiate individual is about how greedy are we which has prompt individual investment decisions in the crypto world in general and not bitcoin.
Well in my part i believe that tje valuexof bitcoin is the most amazing value in currency because it can be chanve anytime anywhere and by that feature bitcoin become really more interesting yet exciting way or maybe kinds of gaining and maybe  it is now getting popular because maybe people believe in it and appriciate its unstable price so then if the value of bitcoin is stable maybe bitcoin can fall down.
Oxydarck

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:45:23 PM

If i knew that bitcoin would never change in value i won't buy it because i will never make some profit and it's lost of money .

GRAFT (https://www.graft.network/ico/) ║║║ Decentralized Universal Payment Processor (https://www.graft.network/ico/) ║║║ GRAFT (https://www.graft.network/ico/)
ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2115188.0)▬║║║▬ICO STARTS ON JAN 18, 2018 (https://www.graft.network/ico/)
▬▬▬▬▬▮ Twitter (https://twitter.com/graftnetwork) ▮ Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Graft-460292407666720/) ▮ Telegram (https://t.me/joinchat/EneBw0RALAOjkSL2mdt2Gw) ▮ Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Graft/) ▮▬▬▬▬▬
Carces

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:30:42 PM

stable price is good for me because you can start safety  trading  but as general it is bad people buy bitcoin to earn fast free money without work.

when bitcoin stable demand will down fast
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: