Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:45:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard Times for a Hodler!!  (Read 653 times)
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:58:03 PM

I think that it is a hard time for holders because of the sudden rise, and not because of the price fix,and let me explain why:

It is really hard to stay an holder when the coin goes up like that because you will have to watch your profits grow from the side and not to sell.

It is much easier to hold at a loss as you will wait for you to be at the green side which usually happens .
I completely disagree, I do not know why you think that is easier to hold when you have losses, that is one of the hardest things to do and almost no one does it, after a few weeks and months people begin to lose hope and sell their investments thinking there is never going to be a recovery, holding when you are in profits is very easy, the price could go down 50% and I do not care since I will still have huge profits.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:16:43 PM

Actually I think that for a hodler committed to the ideals and technology of bitcoin, the price changes and volatility have always been irrelevant, so they will continue to hold the coin to the end. Actually, the hard times are for the holders motivated by mere speculation, protected under the famous slogan "to the Moon" that today more than ever seems to get too complicated.
Bloomie

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:32:57 PM

I think that it is a hard time for holders because of the sudden rise, and not because of the price fix,and let me explain why:

It is really hard to stay an holder when the coin goes up like that because you will have to watch your profits grow from the side and not to sell.

It is much easier to hold at a loss as you will wait for you to be at the green side which usually happens .
I completely disagree, I do not know why you think that is easier to hold when you have losses, that is one of the hardest things to do and almost no one does it, after a few weeks and months people begin to lose hope and sell their investments thinking there is never going to be a recovery, holding when you are in profits is very easy, the price could go down 50% and I do not care since I will still have huge profits.

I agree with you, it's tough to hold when you're at a loss like I am currently, but it would be a rookie move to sell it now at a loss knowing it's most likely a normal correction as many people here are stating, and that the price will surely (and maybe slowly) climb back up. Hodling is hard when at a loss but necessary.
coinholder51

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:08:11 PM

Hard to sit here and watch our BTC fighting off yet another attack from these twat wads. Our baby is wounded but standing strong.

Godspeed.
Honestly to say that i just love to holding Bitcoin as long as i can.so i dont care about anithing right now to look back adn switched with another one.Because i believe in Bitcoin and it gives me a lot.if you are worried about the recent market driopping then you should cheek out the history of Bitcoin price i think  Wink
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:10:35 PM

I am still not affected by the dump of bitcoin because I believe on this and I know it will bounce back. This is a great technology that we really need for a better future, and bitcoin will lead us to that way.
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:25:13 PM

Not a hard time the crypto world is not having it's time at the moment but remember when bitcoin got 19k it is going to rise again you just need to have a lot of patience i hope you will have that.
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:31:03 PM

Hard to sit here and watch our BTC fighting off yet another attack from these twat wads. Our baby is wounded but standing strong.

Godspeed.
Indeed, hardtimes for Bitcoin such as this measures the patience of an investor. If an investor will choose to sell at times like this thatbitd market value is falling, opportunity of earning bigger profit will be gone. Chances are high that if an investor will choose to hold, bigger profit will be earned im the future.
abamatinde77

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:06:04 AM

just hold! holder! hehehe..it's just temporary down or dump when it get about to raise up maybe it's double
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:20:34 AM

just hold! holder! hehehe..it's just temporary down or dump when it get about to raise up maybe it's double

I guess a hard times for a holder we didnt know the fluctuation of btc price if until it will fall. When we watch the market we think usually of our negative portfolio that our funds is not met and profit. Yes it will raise so hold btc for a moment to grow.
wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:40:40 AM

Looking at the passed record of the movement in the price of bitcoin, you will notice that every time there is highly push in the price of bitcoin it drop to a certain level which it will maintain to gain more momentum, like when the price first hit $1000k it dropped but it could not go bellow $700, when it hit $9k it dropped but could not go bellow $5k now it hit $19k and is been dropping but have never go bellow $10k. So there is hope that the price is gaining momentum to go above $20k in the nearest time.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:24:47 AM

Looking at the passed record of the movement in the price of bitcoin, you will notice that every time there is highly push in the price of bitcoin it drop to a certain level which it will maintain to gain more momentum, like when the price first hit $1000k it dropped but it could not go bellow $700, when it hit $9k it dropped but could not go bellow $5k now it hit $19k and is been dropping but have never go bellow $10k. So there is hope that the price is gaining momentum to go above $20k in the nearest time.
Undoubtedly, the bitcoin rate rests on the support line, and does not fall below.
Now he has already accumulated resources, he is trying to break through 14k.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:24:14 PM

I agree with you, it's tough to hold when you're at a loss like I am currently, but it would be a rookie move to sell it now at a loss knowing it's most likely a normal correction as many people here are stating, and that the price will surely (and maybe slowly) climb back up. Hodling is hard when at a loss but necessary.
Imagine how hard it could have been for the people that bought at the top of the bubble in 2013, they needed to hold for several years, I'm sure that many people did not do that, sold, and they lost hope in bitcoin, those that held are getting their just reward and those that did not are getting punished by losing the faith in a great invention like bitcoin.
drawoh14

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:35:22 PM

Godspeed.
This is due to massive correction, we can not control this big problem at all. What we are gonna do is just to sit and stare at the market until it recovers. Do not worry bitcoin is king, next month might have new ATH so just hold for a while

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★       
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:42:29 PM

I can feel your worries mine also is getting afraid of what might bitcoin is heading now I know at some point bitcoin has proven that it stays strong no matter how it drops it always manage to pump but taking risk is something not everyone is good at I know some are making panic now some sold their coins. I don't know where to stand after this but we must trust our investment no matter what

mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:55:50 PM

bitcoin is strong and more and more will rise its value.
hold. do not take panic Smiley
bitcoin is best

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:56:44 PM

Godspeed.
For long term holders, it is not a big deal at all because they have made some good profits throughout the years but when it comes to those who recently started investing, it is without doubt some tough times ans they might be sitting on needles at this point but they shouldn't be reckless and hastily cashout, Patience is a key.
Luckylegs

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:25:59 PM

The past few months have been unbelievable and unsustainable. I'm relived it's taking a dip for a bit. It'll all be fine, just hodl on in there  Cheesy
betMaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:32:30 PM

You really can't say that bitcoin is wounded , after all what it has done in just 2017 !
Some people actually forgot that we started this year with a 1k dollars per coin and now are approximately at 15k per coin , not forgetting that it reached 20k at it's all times high ! All of this was done in just 1 single year . Those who think that bitcoin is struggling did recently knew about it , but those who were here from the beginning certainly know that this is a perfect progress and that bitcoin will certainly reach a higher value in 2018 .
Kossa

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:35:02 PM

You talk about only recent 2 years. Before that you had completly different pattern. Price hit 1000$ and then it was dropping and dropping without any hope of recovery for almost 2 years. There was even Bloomberg article that BTC is the worst investment of 2014. Currently there are also plenty of potential news which can suddenly stop BTC and whole Cryptocurrenty market increase.

Imagine how hard it could have been for the people that bought at the top of the bubble in 2013, they needed to hold for several years, I'm sure that many people did not do that, sold, and they lost hope in bitcoin, those that held are getting their just reward and those that did not are getting punished by losing the faith in a great invention like bitcoin.

A lot of them did not have such a problem (e.g. me) because Mt.Gox stole their founds. There was no question HODL or not, cause you had 0 BTC anyway.
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:35:49 PM

yes but i think iff we want hold for long time , so no tanson , i think after few day we can recovary our loss , and also big boom coming
The price is set to go up real soon, there is a lot of people that have money read to invest into Bitcoin.
Is somewhat to say say that, bitcoin investors are being tested how strong they are. Patience are very important at this time, since bitcoin price are dumping selling of our coins is not a good idea. We should be positive always and thinking that tomorrow will it recover.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: