Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash Difficulty same?  (Read 163 times)
Zizoo244 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:24:50 PM

One Simple Question, is the Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash Difficulty the same? if No can someone please explain what makes them different from each other?
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:32:19 PM

Two different chains, with two different amounts of miners on each chain, hence two different diffs.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Zizoo244 (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:35:58 PM

Two different chains, with two different amounts of miners on each chain, hence two different diffs.
Is it then not more profitable to mine only Bitcoin Cash?
silios

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:44:21 PM

Is it then not more profitable to mine only Bitcoin Cash?

According to http://whattomine.com and various calculators of the sort, BCH is more profitable by 14$/day.
But take the output of such calculators with a huge pinch of salt, since the results are usually far from realistic.
Zizoo244 (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:50:28 PM

To be honest i don't care if it would be 10% up or down. If you calculate the amount of Investment it would need to generate the same profit in another Business this is kinda to easy!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:28:36 PM

To be honest i don't care if it would be 10% up or down. If you calculate the amount of Investment it would need to generate the same profit in another Business this is kinda to easy!

It's a traaaaaaaap.

If things go back down and normalize to something sane, and you don't have cheap electricity, then "profit" may never happen in the first place. Imagine Difficulty going up 10% not once, but every 13~ days. And Bitcoin Prices going bubble back down to 3-4k.

Oops, you then realize you came in an incredibly big gold rush that didn't last and now you're f*cked, because not only did the rush not last long enough for ROI, but you also couldnt mine for the first 2 months because your ASIC pre order came in late. In addition, those ASICs are magically all perfectly functional, no dud *yay*, but difficulty over that time doubled, so you make half as much BTC back, and its worth 5 time less, well fuck, i'm actually earning 90% less than expected. Fun world.

Good luck. Smiley

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:54:08 AM

Bitcoin cash is more reliable then bitcoin..

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
SkyLakeMine

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 06:06:35 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 12:34:02 AM by SkyLakeMine

One Simple Question, is the Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash Difficulty the same? if No can someone please explain what makes them different from each other?

Not the same.  Difficulty is a control mechanism so that blocks are mined about once every 10 minutes. The networks have different hash rates therefore the difficulties are different.

Cash adjusts difficulty every block now so its highly variable. BTC is still on 2 week (2016 block) difficulty adjustment schedule.

https://fork.lol/pow/difficulty

[Edit: Fixed block difficulty period]
Zizoo244 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:34:31 PM

Well after talking to Canaan (Avalon Miner) for 2 weeks, they told me the new 821 Miners will be shipped for the first batch end of Januar 2018 and the second batch for Mid February. They said to me after also checking by UPS it will take 3-4 Days to Deliver via Airfreight. Cost for Shipping to my Country is 950$ exclude Custom Fees. 11 th/s x 60 = 660 Th/s my Electricity is "for free" (thats another story) so i should be ROI in 2-3 Months, 841 series will be Q2 2018 so plenty of time to get ROI. People still say after 3 Years "bitcoin bubble" "dont get scammed" its the Federal Reserver Bank that Propaganda this in the TV and Mainstream Media so YOU will keep going and take the Dirty Money and be a Slave of the Elite People of the World aka JP Morgan, Rockefeller and Rothschild...sry not working for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: