Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:49:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think 2018 is the year for central banks buying bitcoins?  (Read 105 times)
linkercoin (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 02:38:52 AM

As the realization of the systemic weakness of fiat currencies becomes apparent contrasted with the groundswell of cryptocurrency, the executive committee of central banks, including governors, presidents and chairperson- will call emergency meetings to exercise their prerogative to deviate from the current investment policy for reserves management.

▲▼▲▼       LinkerCoin     ⚫  ●  ⚫     NETWORK OF NETWORKS     ⚫  ●  ⚫     LinkerCoin       ▼▲▼▲
▼▲▼▲       ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   WHITEPAPER   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀       ▲▼▲▼
WEBSITE     TELEGRAM     TWITTER     MEDIUM     REDDIT    FACEBOOK    YOUTUBE    INSTAGRAM
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 03:15:01 AM

As the realization of the systemic weakness of fiat currencies becomes apparent contrasted with the groundswell of cryptocurrency, the executive committee of central banks, including governors, presidents and chairperson- will call emergency meetings to exercise their prerogative to deviate from the current investment policy for reserves management.

when the central banks start buying "bitcoin" which in my opinion doesnt make a lot of sense at all, because bitcoin is actually the worst technical cryptocurrency system,

they would transact power to those people, which will then lead to a interest conflict between those people and the people that are supposed to "work" for bitcoin

i doubt bitcoin is capable to do that, so its ok if there are still communal systems intact that manage the societies core infrastructure.

regards

haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:23:02 AM

Bitcoin will the worst investment that central banks could have, and it would be somehow greedy for them also, they are going to buy peoples money with bitcoin and it will profit the bank a lot but i think that someone will surely be greedy and steal bitcoin from the bank.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:23:39 AM

I think the central banks started to buying bitcoin in this year but they don't tell anyone and keep it secret. besides that, I think they are started to learn blockchain too. and if they did buy bitcoin, I think this will not give a big impact on bitcoin but maybe the price will increase too high than now. I have worried if the banks are trying to control the bitcoin price because they will cooperate with the governments and will use everything they have. but personally, I think if the banks buying bitcoin, it will bring something better to cryptocurrency.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:13:55 AM

It is a very complicated issue to discuss, but we know that banks do not have control of Bitcoin and altcoin, we can consider that this sudden increase, may have high percentage of investment of banks, where the real objective is control.
globalking
Copper Member

Activity: 644
Merit: 0

POINTPAY

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 05:42:01 AM

yes, I think that is what they will do it because there are many banks which are running in big losses.

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ROUND 1 LIVE   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
gon

Activity: 460
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:47:08 AM

I read a coindesk or similar article on the topic a week ago.

My opinion? Hell no. Not because they don't want to, but because of legal and PR reasons when the information leaks to the press.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:01:50 AM

I don't understand what would be the point for central banks to buy bitcoin? It doesn't make any sense. No doubt they are watching Bitcoin very closely, but I would be surprised if they start buying BTC. Some seem to have a different opinion:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/18/central-banks-will-hold-bitcoin-and-ether-in-2018-blockchain-ceo.html
2018: The Year Central Banks Begin Buying Cryptocurrency
https://www.coindesk.com/2018-year-central-banks-begin-buying-cryptocurrency/
Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:59:32 AM

I don't see central banks buying it. They will rather create their own coin they are so envious of bitcoin. The only thing they appreciate now is the technology which is the blockchain not bitcoin.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:34:10 AM

there are some speculations about this which says they might do it, but to be honest i can not see why they would want that!
we all know that bitcoin is growing big and it will continue to do so for a long time to come. but it is still small for big banks to want to invest in it and make the profit they like, not to mention the decentralization of it prevents them from having any control over it.

meanwhile they have full control over fiat, its supply and circulation and everything else. and can make a lot of profit from investing in all the things they are already investing in. which varies in different countries.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:37:47 AM

If that happens ripple would be x10000 growth,i bet they wont bite the bait,because they are centralized and crypto is decentralized very different worlds.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: