Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:22:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why some ICOs Block investors from USA?  (Read 312 times)
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:40:52 PM

soon all ico tokens and projects will be under pressure to stop

That is going to be a very big blow to the cryptoworld. anyway I hope it does not stop now because I just got started.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:43:14 PM

Many ICOs, thus, have  a choice: either comply with these strict regulation and only allow accredited investors to participate, or open the ICO to everyone except those from US, China, and Singapore.
All is simple, now there are so many projects that come up with unreal legends to raise money and escape. And America does not allow such things

tauceramica

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:46:14 PM

Many ICOs, thus, have  a choice: either comply with these strict regulation and only allow accredited investors to participate, or open the ICO to everyone except those from US, China, and Singapore.

There are some laws not allowing some citizens to join token sales by funding them with crypto Money or fiat Money. That's the reason. If the projects let them join, they have serious problems and they face with courts.
Stooked

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:09:30 PM

2017 give me red sign against every ICOs, USA have many rules against bitcoin.

you will find a few bitcoin companies inside USA

xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:54:59 AM

Because some ICO's are considered securities in the USA and under the jurisdiction of the SEC if they accept investments from US residents.

https://www.crowell.com/documents/SEC-Actions-against-a-Foreign-National-Living-Outside-the-United-States.pdf

Some promoters avoid US jurisdiction by barring US residents from participation.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:30:56 PM

Countries such as the United States have strict legislation and strict rules on the markets and turnover of securities and similar assets.
As a rule, violations of these laws and regulations threaten severe penalties: restriction of freedom and penalties.
Therefore, many crypto-currency projects are reinsured, limit participation in their fund-raising campaigns (ICO, TGE) for citizens of these countries.
SeXy

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:48:40 PM

Because thither are any scammers angling in the cryptoworld and the US long for to keep safe their humanity from them. I credit these concepts are not far off.
Nikolas_the_Wonderworker

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:27:49 PM

Very hot information is not from the US, but deserves attention. The Securities and Exchange Commission of Thailand (SEC) has completed the development of a legal framework for regulating the initial placement of coins (ICO). The document comes into force on July 16, 2018.

Read more at https://ru.insider.pro/topnews/2018-07-05/tailand-zavershil-razrabotku-pravovoj-osnovy-dlya-regulirovaniya-ico/
antogen123

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:21:00 PM

This situation is due to the legislation of the country . as far as I know. that is why they are not allowed
wulian18

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:33:40 PM

The two countries that have invested the most in the blockchain world are China and the United States. Although there is no ban on the national level, there are still many high-tech personnel who continue to research and develop bitcoin.
WilfOtto

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:56:46 PM

Currently, the Chinese and Korean countries are forbidden to ico because of the safety of their people because most of the ico scams.

I guess it's because their governments want to stay in control of their citizens' transactions. And it's very difficult when people use cryptos instead of traditional banks.
Currently, the Chinese and Korean countries are forbidden to ico because of the safety of their people - this sounds somehow funny considering that most of ico projects are created by this people Smiley They are present in literally every 2nd list of devs.

And US citizens are blocked by many ico-s because US regulations are to strict and complicated. So it's easier for ico-s to forbid US citizens then to fit all their requirements.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: