Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:39:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a bitcoin wallet?  (Read 252 times)
apaachi (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:16:22 AM

um a newbie here.i want to know what is this bitcoin wallet and are there different types of bitcoin wallets?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:28:45 PM

um a newbie here.i want to know what is this bitcoin wallet and are there different types of bitcoin wallets?
A bitcoin wallet is a hardware device used for storing bitcoin's safely rather than leaving it vulnerable to attacks when it's saved digitally online. Btc wallets are like a hard copy of your savings. Ledger is a very good wallet of your considering to invest in one.
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:33:38 PM

There is a bitcoin wallet but also there are several different types of wallets you can have. There are paper wallets, hardware wallets, desktop wallets, web wallets, and they can be either in hot or cold storage depending on who is offering it.

White32

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:16:58 PM

Bitcoin wallet is a software program where you can store your bitcoin. It is basically use to send, recieve and store bitcoin like a bank. It has a private key to generates that protect on your wallet to keep your bitcoin balance.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
chathura

Activity: 117

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

A Bitcoin wallet is a software program where Bitcoins are stored. To be technically accurate, Bitcoins are not stored anywhere; there is a private key (secret number) for every Bitcoin address that is saved in the Bitcoin wallet of the person who owns the balance.

1.Web Wallets (Hot Storage)
             Easiest but the least safest.

2.Desktop/Mobile Wallets (Hot Storage)
             Better than web wallets but depends on a 3rd party server.

3.Hardware Wallets (Clod Storage)
             Simply a USB dongle.

4.Paper Wallets (Clod Storage)
             The private key printed on a piece of paper.

5.Other types of wallets
             Eg:-Meta Wallets,RFID enable chip
DennisStoff

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:46:53 AM

Inside the wallet you will find the Bitcoin Address. BitcoinAddress is the ID used for transactions with others, the concept is the same as the email used for paypal transactions. If you want to transfer bitcoin to someone else, you need to get Bitcoin Address from your transaction opponent.
Pertor

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:04:36 AM

As it was written above, there are different wallets (Web Wallets, Desktop / Mobile Wallets, Hardware Wallets, Paper Wallets, Other types of wallets,), in my opinion the most reliable is Hardware Wallets. BTC can also store crypto-currencies on the exchange.
Equity0924

Activity: 173

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 03:03:27 AM

Hekp, is coinsph a mobile btc wallwt, because i have one. and i used that address for my btc address
rageanurage

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:05:44 AM

Bitcoin wallet is a software where you can store your btc.such as blockchain, electrum,jazz etc.
jieladegennl

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:40:06 AM

There are three types of bitcoin wallets:
Bitcoin client wallet, bitcoin web wallet, bitcoin mobile phone and pad wallet.
yappieweikang

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:18:12 AM

A Bitcoin wallet is a collection of private keys but may also refer to client software used to manage those keys and to make transactions on the Bitcoin network.

A Bitcoin wallet is a software program where Bitcoins are stored. To be technically accurate, Bitcoins are not stored anywhere; there is a private key (secret number) for every Bitcoin address that is saved in the Bitcoin wallet of the person who owns the balance. Bitcoin wallets facilitate sending and receiving Bitcoins and gives ownership of the Bitcoin balance to the user.  The Bitcoin wallet comes in many forms; desktop, mobile, web and hardware are the four main types of wallets.
Ralph1075

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:49:10 AM

A Bitcoin wallet is a software developed to serve as a Banker for Bitcoin..money are kept in the bank same applies to Bitcoin which are kept in a wallet.
Combat393

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:33:11 AM

A cryptocurrency wallet is a software program that stores private and public keys and interacts with various blockchain to enable users to send and receive digital currency and monitor their balance. If you want to use Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency, you will need to have a digital wallet.

You can read it with more details at  [bitcoinwiki](https://en.bitcoinwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page), it's a great page for newbies in crypto
chizcake

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:09:33 AM

On my own point of view bitcoin wallet is a software or application where you can store your bitcoin like the coins.ph.Coins.Ph is a bitcoin wallet that is trusted and recommended by most people in my country.
bakhbtc

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:58:48 AM

bitcoin wallet is place where you store your coins.
There are 2 types of wallets, ones give your private keys other not, if you dont have private key wallets controlled by 3rd party. dont use this type of wallets
asheeyanaandas2217

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:07:40 AM

Bitcoin wallet is a software program where Bitcoins are stored. To be technically accurate, Bitcoins are not stored anywhere.there is a private key secret number for every Bitcoin address that is saved in the Bitcoin wallet of the person who owns the balance.
InnMind.com

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:24:19 AM

Here is a good link on everything about wallets

https://www.bitpremier.com/best-bitcoin-wallets

Best of luck!
Kigwa143

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:25:19 AM

On my own point of view a bitcoin wallet is a app where you can store your bitcoin using internet.
ceeso

Activity: 122

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:04:56 AM

where we can store our bitcoins to be safe and we can melt them into phsysical currency through the exchanger
ju5510993

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:29:21 AM

I know some bitcoin wallets! Blockechain is a very convenient network is used to store COINS purse, Cionbase (Web), Coinpunk (mobile application), bitcoins Wallet (mobile application), MultiBit (PC) which is designed for Widows, Mac and Linux control system and design of a light purse, a free download and security
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: