Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:50:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At what price do you think Bitcoins will begin to rebound?  (Read 10302 times)
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:33:06 PM

I think we've hit the bottom already at $11. This really saddens me because my dwolla money arrives tomorrow. I'm hoping it will hover here for a while. Long enough for be to buy at these great prices. But the fact that I feel these prices are great makes me think they will rise quickly, I can't be the only one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
done

Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:36:43 PM

BUY and hold (or use) if the price goes down BUY some more and hold (or use)
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:41:56 PM

I think we've hit the bottom already at $11. This really saddens me because my dwolla money arrives tomorrow. I'm hoping it will hover here for a while. Long enough for be to buy at these great prices. But the fact that I feel these prices are great makes me think they will rise quickly, I can't be the only one.

Last week people were saying the exact same thing, except the price was $15 that looked like such a great deal.  You have time, quite a bit of time I would guess.  Bitcoin is still in its infancy, you're not going to "miss the boat" by being one day late to the game.  

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
peach (OP)

Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:43:13 PM

Th price @ 13.7 atm. Possible rebound commencing.
DamienBlack

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:53:45 PM

Damn I hate being right. But I'm right so often. Smiley
gnaget

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:56:58 PM

Thank God, even I was contemplating defenestration
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 09:00:30 PM

I don't know at what price, but my next paycheck comes in tomorrow, so it should start rebounding fast just before my next Dwolla transfer clears... like it has done for the last 5 times in a row Sad
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 09:16:51 PM

This discussion is very biassed. Even if all fiat currencies are experiencing a rally in terms of bitcoins why be negative about it? So the fiats are rallying, so what? How about RAM and MHz and MHash, are they rallying or crashing, in terms of, uh, whatever... bubblegum? Each other? Bandwidth? Etc.

Oh there is lots a new currency could bring, can't believe your so blind that you can't see the gaping flaws in the bitcoin system...here let me list a few off the top of my head (there are many more):

• Decentralised exchange built into the actual program. The exchange fee could be reduced significantly and paid back directly to the miners.
  • Easier interface for non-geeks. Average people struggle just to setup a paypal account, hell even making a skype account is hard for a lot...paypal requires all this bank confirmation and direct debits to prove your identity. there needs to be a simple type in credit/debit card details to buy instantly system, that can be built right into the system itself automatically adjusting to the exchange rate.
  • Even buying/selling can be right inside the system too, much like comparing something like Napster/Kazaa/Limewire/iTunes to torrents, with those programs you could search for what you want in the program itself.
  • Instead of mining difficulty going up, there could be an increasing decay that motivates you to spend the currency instead of hoard it for profit, and actually use the currency for its intention instead of being this stupid speculative machine that bitcoin has become.
Provided no-one breaks the "fact" that a BiTCoin address you have the private key for is "yours" in any clone/fork (other than ones that break this convenience, which some people seem to be plotting planning or at least laying the groundwork for), you can easily be automatically sent some other currency to whatever address you sent from. So an exchange can be simply a bot that, for example, watches for BiTCoin coming in at its "BTC to MBC" address and for each BTC address that sends BTC to that address in the BTC network it sends the corresponding/exchanged amount of Martian BotCoin on the Martian BotCoin network. And vice versa, and for all pairs of currencies using compatible addresses.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 09:18:55 PM

Oh there is lots a new currency could bring, can't believe your so blind that you can't see the gaping flaws in the bitcoin system...here let me list a few off the top of my head (there are many more):

• Decentralised exchange built into the actual program. The exchange fee could be reduced significantly and paid back directly to the miners.
  • Easier interface for non-geeks. Average people struggle just to setup a paypal account, hell even making a skype account is hard for a lot...paypal requires all this bank confirmation and direct debits to prove your identity. there needs to be a simple type in credit/debit card details to buy instantly system, that can be built right into the system itself automatically adjusting to the exchange rate.
  • Even buying/selling can be right inside the system too, much like comparing something like Napster/Kazaa/Limewire/iTunes to torrents, with those programs you could search for what you want in the program itself.
  • Instead of mining difficulty going up, there could be an increasing decay that motivates you to spend the currency instead of hoard it for profit, and actually use the currency for its intention instead of being this stupid speculative machine that bitcoin has become.

Tip: don't start your comments with an insult. I'll address your points:

1) A decentralized exchange is a great idea, but doesn't need to be built into the actual client. That would in fact complicate and weaken the core of bitcoin. Exchanges and other services are properly built around the core of Bitcoin, not as part of the core because their existence isn't necessary for Bitcoin operations at the most basic level. To use an exaggerated example, it would be silly to build in a fancy graphical charting software into the core client, even though such a thing would be useful. Keep the client small, clean, and pure. The rest can be built beyond it.

2) An easier interface would be great, and of course it's probably being planned as we speak. But the current interface is not a flaw with Bitcoin as a protocol per se, it's just an aesthetic issue (and the client is still in beta, remember).

3) Buying/selling functionality inside the client? Again, see point 1. This of course doesn't preclude an alternative client from being release which offers this benefit - but that's not a competitor to bitcoin as a protocol.

4) Regarding your "motivation to spend currency," that is a philosophical/economic difference that you and myself have. I believe it is economically foolish and misguided to "encourage" spending for spending's sake because it interferes with pricing signals. If a new bitcoin competitor came along that had a mechanism to encourage spending (like "decay!!!"), I'd stay the hell away from it but you're welcome to abandon Bitcoin for that if you wish.  You share your view with Obama, Keynes, Geithner, and Krugman. I share my view with Rothbard, Mises, and Hayak.

Only your last point is relevant to the Bitcoin protocol itself, and that's a philosophical difference. If you have other, better, reasons why a competitor would destroy Bitcoin, please present them.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:18:18 PM

So my guess was $10.50

The answer was $11.

I would have lost if this were The Price Is Right.

Be humble!
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:23:55 PM

So my guess was $10.50

The answer was $11.

A nice bump possibly, its still a bit early to call?

Stan?! STAN?!?!
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:50:23 PM

A nice bump possibly, its still a bit early to call?
People were quick to call it a "crash" when it went from 17 to 15, so I don't think this is early at all.

Mousepotato
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnOcycgXpms

Stan?! STAN?!?!
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 07:09:39 PM

So my guess was $10.50

The answer was $11.

pretty effing close though.  good call!
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 07:25:45 PM

I don't know at what price, but my next paycheck comes in tomorrow, so it should start rebounding fast just before my next Dwolla transfer clears... like it has done for the last 5 times in a row Sad

ummm... say, Rassah?

could you keep us all apprised of your pay-cycle?

sounds better than sunspots - if not as interesting as hemlines...
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 08:41:44 PM

ummm... say, Rassah?

could you keep us all apprised of your pay-cycle?

sounds better than sunspots - if not as interesting as hemlines...

I get paid on Wednesdays, every two weeks. Paycheck came in today, so not surprised it started going up again. Since it tends to go down a bit on weekends, I expect my Dwolla transfer won't complete until Monday. Last paycheck was during the MtGox crash. I didn't get to buy until Mtgox reopened and the price went up from $13.50 to $16.50. Before that my money got stuck in Dwolla during their issues, so I couldn't buy during the $30 to $10 crash, either, only being able to buy when it went back up to $18. It's been pretty consistent.
MKW2012

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 08:54:45 PM

I know what you mean. I had never heard of Dwolla until I opened a Mt. Gox account. Its taken me about a week to get everything cleared though. But 1-3 days and I'm ready to starting trading.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: