Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:18:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin cash the same as bitcoin?  (Read 128 times)
Januka (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:59:06 AM

My balance was zero. And this week, there comes third button next to |Bitcoin and Etherium. It's called Bitcoin Cash and I had $2+ and now it's almost $6.

Can I purchase domain from namecheap via my bitcoin cash?

Or should I keep it? Will it increase?
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:05:28 AM

Are you seriously going to hold six dollars worth of bitcoin cash? Buy whatever you want, six dollars are dust, you can not do anything with that.
And you can buy in there only if they allow it, and i doubt that.
But if you are lucky you can get a site who accepts payments in bitcoin cash.. but with 6$ you are not going to do anything.
NuttyOrange

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:08:09 AM

Are you seriously going to hold six dollars worth of bitcoin cash? Buy whatever you want, six dollars are dust, you can not do anything with that.
But if you are lucky you can get a site who accepts payments in bitcoin cash.. but with 6$ you are not going to do anything.

Don't be hard. No matter how small someone's investment. It still grows. What if bitcoin reaches the 100k mark? then his bitcoin cash would have quadrupled. I think if your not going to buy something really important, add more investment and let it hold for a bit.
Januka (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:12:23 AM

Actually not a dust. Always put yourself in others' shoes before putting your two cents.

For someone who is looking for pennies to buy a domain for months this means  a  lot.
Anyways, what I'm saying is It's increasing. INCREASING.

I know, $6 won't buy me .com domain from namecheap. So should I keep it till it reach $11? Or It won't go up/takes a lot of time to rise up that much?

Thanks in advance.
Januka (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:15:29 AM

Don't be hard. No matter how small someone's investment. It still grows. What if bitcoin reaches the 100k mark? then his bitcoin cash would have quadrupled. I think if your not going to buy something really important, add more investment and let it hold for a bit.

Thanks broh. Since connecting bank account with any online transaction system is not allowed in my country. All I can do is seeing/using it.
LuckyBtc
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:19:29 AM

Actually not a dust. Always put yourself in others' shoes before putting your two cents.

For someone who is looking for pennies to buy a domain for months this means  a  lot.
Anyways, what I'm saying is It's increasing. INCREASING.

I know, $6 won't buy me .com domain from namecheap. So should I keep it till it reach $11? Or It won't go up/takes a lot of time to rise up that much?

Thanks in advance.
As far I know, Namecheap accepts only Bitcoins. So, You'll need BTC to send to Namecheap. Also the fee is pretty high right now on Bitcoin network, You need to take care of that too. You probably would need $18(Tx fees + domain cost).
NuttyOrange

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:19:53 AM

Thanks broh. Since connecting bank account with any online transaction system is not allowed in my country. All I can do is seeing/using it.

You can still do some things about it like buying online or true direct exchange. But for now try to increase your investment and just hold and let it grow there for a while.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:25:57 AM

My balance was zero. And this week, there comes third button next to |Bitcoin and Etherium. It's called Bitcoin Cash and I had $2+ and now it's almost $6. Can I purchase domain from namecheap via my bitcoin cash? Or should I keep it? Will it increase?

Keeping it your BitcoinCash (BCH) inside the wallet is all your choice. I am not aware if NameCheap is already accepting BCH or even BTC as one of their mode of payments so the best thing to do is go the site and confirm maybe you can also talk to their support to be sure. That BCH in your wallet is your share of the hard fork that happened months ago which gave birth to Bitcoin's rival and contender BitcoinCash. Will it increase? Yes and no, depending on the value of BitcoinCash in the market and right now it is accelerating in value which lead to many in saying that it can soon replace Bitcoin but only time can tell on what can be. I have no problem with both coins leading the way...competition is good as long as they are not really killing each other but making what they can offer to the public much better.
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:26:37 AM

$6 is a big thing, please bear in your mind that every million dollars will start in a small one. Please don't say it just like a dust because you don't know the effort that a person gave in order to have that little kind of money.

Bitcoin cash is good but you can also try other altcoin. I will just remind you that you need to read first the background of the company before you invest.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
Januka (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:11:26 AM

As far I know, Namecheap accepts only Bitcoins. So, You'll need BTC to send to Namecheap. Also the fee is pretty high right now on Bitcoin network, You need to take care of that too. You probably would need $18(Tx fees + domain cost).

You can still do some things about it like buying online or true direct exchange. But for now try to increase your investment and just hold and let it grow there for a while.

Keeping it your BitcoinCash (BCH) inside the wallet is all your choice. I am not aware if NameCheap is already accepting BCH or even BTC as one of their mode of payments so the best thing to do is go the site and confirm maybe you can also talk to their support to be sure. That BCH in your wallet is your share of the hard fork that happened months ago which gave birth to Bitcoin's rival and contender BitcoinCash. Will it increase? Yes and no, depending on the value of BitcoinCash in the market and right now it is accelerating in value which lead to many in saying that it can soon replace Bitcoin but only time can tell on what can be. I have no problem with both coins leading the way...competition is good as long as they are not really killing each other but making what they can offer to the public much better.

$6 is a big thing, please bear in your mind that every million dollars will start in a small one. Please don't say it just like a dust because you don't know the effort that a person gave in order to have that little kind of money.

Bitcoin cash is good but you can also try other altcoin. I will just remind you that you need to read first the background of the company before you invest.

Beautiful + Energizing words. Bless Y'all!
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:28:12 AM

No they are not the same, Bitcoin Cash was created from a fork of Bitcoin earlier this year. Watch out for other vatiations coming to a wallet near you soon, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond etc.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 07:54:41 AM

Bitcoin cash is different from bitcoin, there was a hard fork on bitcoin, which led to Bitcoin cash. Bitcoin cash evolved as a means of solving bitcoin's technical limitations. Its functions are quite different from that of bitcoin.

Walastik

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:01:10 AM

Bitcoin Cash was created as an answer to the years-long debate among the Bitcoin community regarding the best way to scale Bitcoin to more users. The most simple solution, and the one adopted by Bitcoin Cash, is to increase the Max Blocksize Limit parameter of the Bitcoin codebase.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:07:32 AM

First to answer topic name. Bitcoin and bitcoin cash are two different crypto-currencies, so no they are not the same. You got those bitcoins cash because you had some founds in bitcoins on blockchain in moment of forking on 1st of August. Those are now your coins and you should do with them whatever you want. I think that is small sum, but if you plan to get more than hold them. If not, than maybe you can make yourself a bit more happy and get something for that money.
10000BTC

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:11:43 AM

My balance was zero. And this week, there comes third button next to |Bitcoin and Etherium. It's called Bitcoin Cash and I had $2+ and now it's almost $6.

I think the best thing to do is to buy more and hold it for some time.
that $6 will not have any effect in the long run.
I would have advised you to hold if its 6BCH
MattF24

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:13:18 AM

If you've got some more extra cash, you can try buying more Bitcoin Cash. it probably won't go as high as Bitcoin, but still has potential.
Christian13

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:16:47 AM

i think its not because when it comes to speed and price for Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Cash has an advantage over Bitcoin. It is becoming extremely popular among users and has been increasing in value even since its introduction. But like Bitcoin, it has its share of problems. The increased block size could have a centralizing effect and reduce the attack resistance of the network. Bitcoin hasn’t been around for long, so we’ll have to wait until it sees more daily transactions to find out if that will actually happen.
vincentbeth934

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:18:07 AM

Great insight. So although it appears that Bitcoin Cash is the better choice, we'll have to wait until it is tried and tested.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:18:38 AM

a very good question and this actually answers your main topic question also.
no you can not use bitcoin cash to purchase from namecheap or any other services, merchants,... out there that are accepting bitcoin. because bitcoin cash is an altcoin and separate from bitcoin

just like any other altcoin out there, it is an speculative matter.
they  get pumped and they get dumped. you should decide when to keep them and when to sell them and when to buy back or not.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
jbkg111816

Activity: 62
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:22:34 AM

No matter how small the amount is money is still money so yeah there is definitely no wrong thing in what you are doing.

Eroiy.io   |   PRE-ICO  [ Jan 30th - Feb 28th ]
████   Buy Tokens with 10% BONUS   ████ (http://eroiy.io)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: