Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:46:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Rig.  (Read 89 times)
SlowDisco (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:55:08 AM

Hey, I have access to some parts, to do a test on mining while I wait to get an efficient one, but I don't know whether it will work or not. I'm not worrying about the profit on this one, this is only to get to know the deal until I get a new one. Which can be a month and a half two months so I want to get to know the wheel, how it is done.

So the parts I can have access to are:

Biostar MotherBoard
K8M800-M7A
Socket : 754

-------Supports AMD Athlon 64/Sempron Processors (a AMD 64 is on board, and 2 Gigs of RAM) I know the recommended is 4 but is whats inside.
Hyper Transport Technology up to 1.6G
Supports AMD Cool'nQuiet Technology
Supports BIO-Remote 2 Technology
Supports Charger Booster Technology 

3 PCI Slots. -----------

From there I connect a StarTech.com PCI to PCI Express Adapter Card:

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Express-Adapter-Card-PCI1PEX1/dp/B0037ECAM2

from there a Pci Riser Express Usb 3.0 Pcie X1 X16 V 006c

And there I'll connect an Video Geforce Gt 710 Nvidia 2gb Ddr3 Pci-e Hdmi or something more powerfull. Or before the risers, connected to the adapter a Nvidia Geforce Ddr3 2GB 64 Bit Msi.

I already have the fans and the power outlets from the Computer which has the Biostar MO, so I'm going to make a home made rig, and run it with Ubuntu, which loads and works fine in the Computer.

I'll have this running for a month, a month and a half until I get the new parts.

Will this configuration work? Where is the big flaw that I'm missing? (apart from low profit and energy consumption)

Again, this is to get something up and running fast, so if it hashes 110 kh/s or less I'm totally fine with it.

What other wild configurations can I do with this BioStar and this pieces which are in a Computer Store down my street at a very low price? (though this are the only parts I have available, the only ones I can choose are the Graphics Cards)

Which I rather buy soon before someone else does and it runs out of stock (specially the StarTech.com PCI to PCI Express Adapter Card, which they only have one left!)

Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 10:08:21 AM

This thread would be better suited in the Alt coin section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0

This mining section is ASIC miner/ hardware only. There is an option to
move the thread in the bottom left corner. Goodluck!!!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:24:00 AM

Hey, I have access to some parts, to do a test on mining while I wait to get an efficient one, but I don't know whether it will work or not. I'm not worrying about the profit on this one, this is only to get to know the deal until I get a new one. Which can be a month and a half two months so I want to get to know the wheel, how it is done.

So the parts I can have access to are:

Biostar MotherBoard
K8M800-M7A
Socket : 754

-------Supports AMD Athlon 64/Sempron Processors (a AMD 64 is on board, and 2 Gigs of RAM) I know the recommended is 4 but is whats inside.
Hyper Transport Technology up to 1.6G
Supports AMD Cool'nQuiet Technology
Supports BIO-Remote 2 Technology
Supports Charger Booster Technology 

3 PCI Slots. -----------

From there I connect a StarTech.com PCI to PCI Express Adapter Card:

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Express-Adapter-Card-PCI1PEX1/dp/B0037ECAM2

from there a Pci Riser Express Usb 3.0 Pcie X1 X16 V 006c

And there I'll connect an Video Geforce Gt 710 Nvidia 2gb Ddr3 Pci-e Hdmi or something more powerfull. Or before the risers, connected to the adapter a Nvidia Geforce Ddr3 2GB 64 Bit Msi.

I already have the fans and the power outlets from the Computer which has the Biostar MO, so I'm going to make a home made rig, and run it with Ubuntu, which loads and works fine in the Computer.

I'll have this running for a month, a month and a half until I get the new parts.

Will this configuration work? Where is the big flaw that I'm missing? (apart from low profit and energy consumption)

Again, this is to get something up and running fast, so if it hashes 110 kh/s or less I'm totally fine with it.

What other wild configurations can I do with this BioStar and this pieces which are in a Computer Store down my street at a very low price? (though this are the only parts I have available, the only ones I can choose are the Graphics Cards)

Which I rather buy soon before someone else does and it runs out of stock (specially the StarTech.com PCI to PCI Express Adapter Card, which they only have one left!)

2gb of ram LOL, then the 2 gpus you mentioned are CRAP and not going to net you anything, infact it would prolly cost you more to run then putting you in the negative. your gunna have to wait to get some good mining hardware

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: