Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:40:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN][SUB1X| 🚀The Lowest Supply Masternode Coin🚀 | 500%+ APR | Zerocoin ★  (Read 14226 times)
willdono (OP)

Activity: 260
Merit: 217

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:26:17 AM

The MN limit has been temporarily removed.

The reasons for this being:

1) It's not currently protected against a DDOS attack. This makes it easy for someone to circumvent the limit, by spamming the network.

2)The majority of the community are not in favour of a node limit.

3) Worries about how the demand for the coin would fall because the incentive isn't there to buy a node.

Node governance is being implemented over the next few weeks. This will give people the opportunity to propose and bring back the limit in the near future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrsray

Activity: 277
Merit: 100

I ❤ Mastern✿des

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 11:35:12 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 04:45:51 PM by mrsray

1) It's not currently protected against a DDOS attack. This makes it easy for someone to circumvent the limit, by spamming the network.

3) Worries about how the demand for the coin would fall because the incentive isn't there to buy a node.

Node governance is being implemented over the next few weeks. This will give people the opportunity to propose and bring back the limit in the near future.

thank you for updating bitcointalk ann

IMHO

1)  should have known DDOS attacks could have been an issue from the start .. "The Lowest Supply Masternode Coin"
2)  has yet to be proven to be true, everyone bought knowing there was a cap but yet are not in favor of it?  messed up
why would the majority buy knowing there was a limit but didn't want a limit??? why buy a mn?  go buy something else.
3)  so sick of hearing if they can't buy a node there would be no demand ... makes it sound like that's all the coin has going for it

what about low supply?
what about the fastest block time?
what about zerocoin being implemented?

but yet, that's all i see in chat, 'once the mn's are sold, why would anyone buy the coin'??  
I would NOT buy a coin whose  ONLY feature is a masternode, but that's just me I guess

why are other types of coins in demand that don't offer masternodes at all?  the no demand reason to me is the worst of all and upsets me very much.

i bought because of the capped mn's so rewards would not shrink as mn's kept growing, sad
i would have known right now what my rewards would be staying at since we hit the 250, but now I will never be sure

but as an investor, i also want whatever is best for the coin

oh and "Node governance is being implemented over the next few weeks. This will give people the opportunity to propose and bring back the limit in the near future. "

already over the 250 limit, so there will be no bringing it back as far as I can tell

good bye "Lowest Supply Masternode Coin" and hello unlimited mn supply coin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

●●    ●●
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
willdono (OP)

Activity: 260
Merit: 217

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:43:34 PM

All node holders need to update their VPS servers for the new wallets.

Daemon needs to be started, stopped and restarted.

1. login to your vps
2. cd SuB1X
3. git reset --hard HEAD
4. git clean -xffd
5. git pull
6. chmod +x autogen.sh
7. chmod +x share/genbuild.sh
8. chmod +x src/leveldb/build_detect_platform
9. sudo ./autogen.sh
10. sudo ./configure
11. sudo make
12. sudo make install
13. cd src
14. ./sub1x-cli stop
15. mv sub1xd sub1x-cli sub1x-tx ~/
16. cd
17. ./sub1xd -deamon
18. ./sub1x-cli getinfo (To check if the correct version is installed.)

yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:35:18 PM

All node holders need to update their VPS servers for the new wallets.

Daemon needs to be started, stopped and restarted.

1. login to your vps
2. cd SuB1X
3. git reset --hard HEAD
4. git clean -xffd
5. git pull
6. chmod +x autogen.sh
7. chmod +x share/genbuild.sh
8. chmod +x src/leveldb/build_detect_platform
9. sudo ./autogen.sh
10. sudo ./configure
11. sudo make
12. sudo make install
13. cd src
14. ./sub1x-cli stop
15. mv sub1xd sub1x-cli sub1x-tx ~/
16. cd
17. ./sub1xd -deamon
18. ./sub1x-cli getinfo (To check if the correct version is installed.)

thanks for the info. only the node wallet needs to be updated, or also the local wallet is mandatory?
Guardsman

Activity: 574
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:38:29 PM

It turns out that the restriction is lifted? How are you going to find out about the 250 limit in the poll, if the node is already on the network 251?
Dyal

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:54:24 PM

To remove the node limit is soo stupid...
Most of the community just want a low supply coin, this is why i invested here.
Just a few spamer in the telegramm group dont want a node limit  Roll Eyes
I totaly agree with mrsray, the low supply is one of the main feature, if you remove this you will lose many Investors.
mrsray

I ❤ Mastern✿des

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:55:49 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 02:33:53 PM by mrsray

thanks for chipping in on thoughts ...
the low supply will not be removed
the set rewards will be split between more mn's making less rewards for mn' holders
which is what I didn't want to see happen which happens for all other mn's
now I have to wait until the mn's are so expensive, people won't buy as much to see what my rewards will actually be

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

●●    ●●
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Eichelmann

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:58:45 PM

"" Subject THE LOWEST SUPPLY MASTERNODE COIN ""

and you removed the mn limit  Huh Huh

this was your USP of this coin ?! Please think about this decision!
vatalay

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:02:32 PM

Is there another one that attracts high CPU loads with Windows wallet? Sad
mn.zone_dev

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 02:12:44 PM

You can check your SUB1X MasterNodes here:

http://sub1x.mn.zone

Star yours and make sure they are running, up-to-date and giving you the expected ROI!

Cheers!
fanten

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Future of Global Copyright Registration

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:22:48 PM

thanks for chipping in on thoughts ...
the low supply will not be removed
the set rewards will be split between more mn's making less rewards for mn' holders
which is what I didn't want to see happen like it happens for all other mn's
now I have to wait until the mn's are so expensive, people won't buy as much to see what my rewards will actually be

I don't think low supply have to do with the removal limit of masternodes amount. Low supply means the coins are in low volume as there will be no more creating of more coin and the supply of those coin will remain the same till the end. With the removal of masternodes limit and low supply, each masternode will become too expensive to obtain and I think it is fair for big investor to have a masternode.

Smile
mrsray

I ❤ Mastern✿des

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 02:25:34 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 03:00:14 PM by mrsray

I totaly agree with mrsray, the low supply is one of the main feature, if you remove this you will lose many Investors.

i was answering dyal about low supply ... low supply doesnt have to do with the removal limit of masternodes amount (exactly, i agree)
but it does have to do with lowering mn owners rewards, since as mn's rise, rewards shrink
but hey, apparently "the majority" (in telegram) wanted that?

and I know big investors will still buy, but there will be less mn sales once its very expensive to obtain
I had said "once the mn's are so expensive, people won't buy mn's AS MUCH"

right now every tom, dick and harry are buying them up
which does ruin the " Subject THE LOWEST SUPPLY MASTERNODE COIN " USP as stated

"I think it is fair for big investor to have a masternode"
so you think its fair that I invested expecting limited mn's and now its no longer true?
sorry, I don't feel it is fair

my rewards will keep shrinking as more mn's are being bought, which the limit would have prevented.
so please forgive me for not being a fan or supporter of limit being removed.

but as I also stated, whatever is best for the coin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

●●    ●●
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ligor

Activity: 1246
Merit: 138

Hodl DeepOnion

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

Is there another one that attracts high CPU loads with Windows wallet? Sad
Try to reduce the number

maxconnections = Huh

(in sub1x.conf, default 125)

Usually a heavy load happens at the time of data exchange.

Guardsman

Activity: 574
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:25:00 PM

Initially, the idea of ​​the project was good! So I would not change anything. As for that phrase. that new investors will not buy as there will not be an opportunity to run the masternode - it is not entirely correct. First you can put the masternode in the queue. And as soon as for some reason, someone's masterpiece will stop working (zaglyuchit, hang or just be a permutation of the purse), then someone else will take his place. This is a distinctive feature of this coin.
Also, please do not forget that the coin has a POS staking algorithm. This, too, can attract new investors.
mrsray

I ❤ Mastern✿des

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 03:35:52 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 03:49:26 PM by mrsray

yes pos, another incentive as to why they would still buy!
to say "the incentive isn't there to buy" once mn's sold out is hog wash
my point exactly

and I love the queue idea

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

●●    ●●
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:40:12 PM

To remove the node limit is soo stupid...

A change in the supply doesn't equate to a change in everybody's stake. Proportionally everyone would still hold the same amount of coins.
mrsray

I ❤ Mastern✿des

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 03:43:44 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 04:36:03 PM by mrsray

A change in the supply doesn't equate to a change in everybody's stake. Proportionally everyone would still hold the same amount of coins.

Huh I'm not fully understanding that
I keep saying
a rise in mn's = a change (lower) in mn owners rewards amount is what I said

I know dyal mentioned low supply would be effected, but I know it would not.

or am i misunderstanding something here

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

●●    ●●
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
smokinchili

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:41:21 PM

When I invested in this I was under the impression that the masternode hardcap was 250 and the max supply is 10,000. Those were the two main reasons I invested.

It appears that the masternode cap was removed based on voting. I question the method in which the voting was done.

Also, based on the block explorer the current supply is 10611.27348952. This is above 10,000.

I can see how removing the masternode cap and putting these coins on mnrank.com masternodes.pro and masternodes.online would appreciate more in the short term, but i was not thinking short term. I was thinking i am buying something that only has 250 in the world and it would be a wonderful gift to give my children. By then maybe it would create enough so that they don't have to work. I bought this for this super long term gamble, hoping that the various other attractive features would draw investors to the coin on exchanges.

Also, in response to the ddos problem with masternodes, here is a possible solution: (i am a programmer but have not worked with programming crypto)

When coins are sent to an address on the blockchain and activated as a masternode, then that masternode reserves a provable spot based on the coins in that address. I was under the impression that this person is now permanently allowed to have a masternode and it would be reserved even if he was kicked offline because he has 20 coins in that address still. So there would basically be a queue of addresses that are allowed to be activated by the activate masternode command, and no new masternodes could be created unless one of these addresses no longer has 20 coins in it. Honestly it should be up to this person whether they want to set up a masternode for their coins or not. If they want to reserve a spot and not use it then its whatever, more coins for us.

I am still optimistic for the future but these are just my thoughts on recent changes.

mrsray

I ❤ Mastern✿des

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 07:24:34 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 09:06:32 PM by mrsray

there is low inflation on the coin due to rewards of pos and mn's
which means the supply will grow above the 10k INITIAL supply, but very slowly and still be low supply
someone correct me if I am wrong please

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

●●    ●●
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:20:05 PM

Algorithm: Quark
Initial Supply: 10,000
Decimals: 8
Block Target: 6 seconds
Transaction Fee: 0.0001 SUB1X
Confirmations: 10
Block Maturity: 50
Consensus: 100% PoS
MN/POS: 50%/50%
Masternode Collateral: 20 SUB1X
Masternode APR: 500%
MN APR With Nodes Limit: 1000%
Min Stake Age: 3 hours[/size]

I'm no masternode expert, but that looks like high inflation to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: