Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:50:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The whales are cashing out  (Read 838 times)
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:08:05 PM

The extreme escalation in transaction times is there to ensure the whales can cash out but that smaller investors cannot.

Whales can make large transactions, the fees do not mean as much to them.

At the same time the small investors cannot cash out because their investment is quite small compared to the fees.

The result is the following:

- Whales are cashing out, converting to fiat
- Newbies are buying from the whales in the hope of continues increases
- Existing smaller investors do not want to sell now (despite possible large profits) because of the high fees is you only have a small investment (Today another bitcoiner on this forum has to pay a 20$ fee for a 50$ transaction).

When the whales have completed the sell-off, smaller bitcoin investors can finally begin to sell and that will be the trigger for a complete collapse in the price.

omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:23:31 PM

The best time to sell cryptocoins is when the buyers are the most crowded. So whales can sell big parts of portfolios to the others. This is the right detection. Best strategy is; Gain less but do not lose   Roll Eyes
Rayner77

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:24:56 PM

The best time to sell cryptocoins is when the buyers are the most crowded. So whales can sell big parts of portfolios to the others. This is the right detection. Best strategy is; Gain less but do not lose   Roll Eyes

Quick thinking and since you've mentioned it, I think you may be right. Well, it's either a bear trap or the other way around which is much worse.
RamonBTC

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:31:11 PM

Not thinking much about this scenario for a long time but I think you got a point there. In some sort big investors/whales surely have an effect on this decreases and to stay long at 16k this day is a sign but not an assurance that is does really happen. Hoping to cash out at a much higher price after a recovery.
Oulay

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:41:57 PM

Wow it's you again! wonder where you've been all this time  Huh
However, you're right about the part that it's harder for small investors to make transactions, but the thing you're wrong about is the price collapse, bitcoin is never gonna collapse!! Every time the price dropped you came here saying the same shit and creating fud..
Who knows why? Maybe you're employed by a whale investor or maybe you yourself are an investor and you want the price to go down as much as possible to buy at the lowest price..

To everyone who's reading this don't listen to him!! Just go to his profile and see how most of his posts are full of shit talk about Bitcoin

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:44:08 PM

This is true, but I suggest to hold and be patient. Don't get affected on the price dropping. I will hold my bitcoin because I am thinking of on the future that for sure I can gain profit if I will patiently wait on that day that I can en-cash in the right time. Maybe If I can have my 1 btc for the future that would be great.
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:45:50 PM

However, you're right about the part that it's harder for small investors to make transactions, but the thing you're wrong about is the price collapse, bitcoin is never gonna collapse!! Every time the price dropped you came here saying the same shit and creating fud..
Who knows why? Maybe you're employed by a whale investor or maybe you yourself are an investor and you want the price to go down as much as possible to buy at the lowest price..

To everyone who's reading this don't listen to him!! Just go to his profile and see how most of his posts are full of shit talk about Bitcoin

Wow - because your arguments are soooo much stronger because you are shouting....

As everyone knows, the moment where you run our of arguments and realize you are badly wrong - but don't want to admit to yourself - you start shouting.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:50:54 PM

Your statement sound logical but cant be completely true because if the small investors want to cashout than they will even pay high fees. If you have 1000$+ than paying 30$ to cash it out won't hurt as 3% transaction fee is normal with other payment gateway also total gain you will have with holding bitcoin is more than 3%.

diguyo

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:51:59 PM

I don't think the whales are cashing out. Some may be, but collectively I don't think they are.

This is true though, if you can afford to pay more in transaction fees then it helps. Ultimately, though, it's all relative to the sum that you have...so they'll be paying quite a lot on fees.

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:53:19 PM

The extreme escalation in transaction times is there to ensure the whales can cash out but that smaller investors cannot. Whales can make large transactions, the fees do not mean as much to them. At the same time the small investors cannot cash out because their investment is quite small compared to the fees. The result is the following:

- Existing smaller investors do not want to sell now (despite possible large profits) because of the high fees is you only have a small investment (Today another bitcoiner on this forum has to pay a 20$ fee for a 50$ transaction).

When the whales have completed the sell-off, smaller bitcoin investors can finally begin to sell and that will be the trigger for a complete collapse in the price.

After some level of excitement before the introduction of the Bitcoin Futures which became part of the reasons why Bitcoin wildly surged in the past weeks, right now there is that gloomy feeling within the Bitcoin community and now spreading into many small Bitcoin holders and enthusiasts all over the world. This gloomy feeling has something to do with the preposterous transaction fee affecting everybody. Unlike with the same problem encountered months ago, this time the transactions rate have become too hard to swallow. Yes, this is becoming like a bog joke most especially since we are supposed to be dealing with something that should be fast and relatively cheap -- yet what we are seeing the opposite now. How long will this whole problem go on before many Bitcoin enthusiasts can go sour and change camp? I think there is nobody home for Bitcoin right now. Bitcoin has become like a headless chicken running around without that clear direction. This must be stopped as soon as possible.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:56:35 PM

Why are you automatically concluding that just because the blockchain is congested it automatically means that the whales are cashing out?

Also, "Newbies are buying from the whales in the hope of continues increases" so? They're newbies for a reason. It's their fault if they're investing while thinking that profits are guaranteed.

"Existing smaller investors do not want to sell..." People can choose their fees for a reason. No one is forcing them to pay $20 fees. You can pay $2-$5 fees, you just have to wait longer. Stop trying to make FUD like this if you don't know how bitcoin works.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:56:40 PM

wow, this is great news if it is true. /s
because seeing the price it doesn't seem to have moved at all. if whales are selling and price doesn't move it means the market is so huge that they think they are whales but they are little fishes in the market.

... of course OP is FUDing because he is butthurt based on his post history LOL

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:57:47 PM

I don't wanna sound like a stupid but you know its infact great for the future..
Whales had a lot of amount in their pockets which gave them authority over the Bitcoins economy and thus it was somehow influencing us..the common public.
They could dictate the price and it could literally cause problems for the long run.. if they are out then its a really great news we can finally expect bitcoins to be decentralized again..
Even if it is decentralized ^ the people holding huge sum of money controlls it thus its more like we are the puppets..
They cashed out its great for the long run we would be able to see a real descent growth.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Jaron80

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:03:31 PM

Some of the whales might cash out but due to the nature of bitcoin most big stakeholders will stay.

Although the meteoric rise in a lot of alt coins is a sign people are diversifying into different currencies,
moving billions of dollars from crypto to fiat is extremely difficult.
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:09:24 PM

The extreme escalation in transaction times is there to ensure the whales can cash out but that smaller investors cannot.

Whales can make large transactions, the fees do not mean as much to them.

At the same time the small investors cannot cash out because their investment is quite small compared to the fees.

The result is the following:

In short, the whales are the most powerful man in bitcoin. They hold the fees and bitcoin itself. Now I know, why there is a time that the price goes down deeply ang goes high. And you are right! Small investors are the one who catch the large amount of fees. Almost half of the amount will cost if they will transact or exchange to fiat.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:10:38 PM

Why are you automatically concluding that.....

That's how freightjoe starts all his threads with some logic-defying leap from a piece of information into the conclusion that Bitcoin is doomed. Some of his efforts are somewhat better than this but they generally rely on something that is unlikely to be true.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
thebanker28

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:15:29 PM

Bitcoin is bought and sold in open marketplaces, it is a decentralized currency with open source code. There is no conspiracy here. Of course some people willcash out now because they want to, but more people are buying in, thats the nature of market places. FFS get a grip.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:19:08 PM

Your strategy is good mate. Gain les but dont loss.
But at the same time when you said that we have to sell when buyers are most crowded. I dont think that is good. I think the price will be higher if the buyers are crowded, so it is time to hold.
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:20:05 PM

Bitcoin is bought and sold in open marketplaces, it is a decentralized currency with open source code. There is no conspiracy here. Of course some people willcash out now because they want to, but more people are buying in, thats the nature of market places. FFS get a grip.

Completely wrong - the marketplaces are rife with manipulation and deceit. See the update on it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2625249.0
Oulay

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:22:02 PM

Wow - because your arguments are soooo much stronger because you are shouting....

As everyone knows, the moment where you run our of arguments and realize you are badly wrong - but don't want to admit to yourself - you start shouting.

So.. from the whole post the thing you got is that I'm shouting?? and you're response was telling me that I'm shouting? wow! good for you!

Here is a post you posted a month ago saying that bitcoin was going to crash:

...and then another 20% in the next hour.... after 2 hours we move below 5000 .... and still going down...passing 3000

At which point do you plan on bailing out?

Any rational investor has a stop-loss strategy. It can be different dependent on risk appetite, but is must be there if one is a rational investor.

As a matter of gauging risk-appetite, what is your stop-loss strategy?

Well.. Did it crash? No! Are you still doing the same thing every time BTC has a decrease in price? Yes!
You just come here start shit talking about Bitcoin, create some FUD and go back to sleep until the next price drop happens..

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: