Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:13:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The whales are cashing out  (Read 838 times)
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:56:45 PM

Holding is the key do defeat the whales.  They are dumping to scare people to giveup their precious coins. Once you dump,  they will buy all the coins you drop.  
Whales are also using influencial people like Jamie Dimon to talk shit with bitcoin.

The extreme escalation in transaction times is there to ensure the whales can cash out but that smaller investors cannot.

Whales can make large transactions, the fees do not mean as much to them.

At the same time the small investors cannot cash out because their investment is quite small compared to the fees.

The result is the following:

- Whales are cashing out, converting to fiat
- Newbies are buying from the whales in the hope of continues increases
- Existing smaller investors do not want to sell now (despite possible large profits) because of the high fees is you only have a small investment (Today another bitcoiner on this forum has to pay a 20$ fee for a 50$ transaction).

When the whales have completed the sell-off, smaller bitcoin investors can finally begin to sell and that will be the trigger for a complete collapse in the price.

freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:57:58 PM

nobody here listens to you now and people are better off because they didn't listen.

really - all the ones who bought at 19800$ are better off now wherre we are 16200$ and on a downwards slope?
GwSoJ

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:59:00 PM

Hey freightjoe, you're biggest problem here is you are trying to compare a crypto market to a normal market. It's not even a valid comparison, can't be and never will be.

Anyone cashing in BTC for fiat is an idiot and if they sell 10,000 Bitcoin at once and the price drops a few thousand dollars then I will happily buy them.
scottykarate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:59:18 PM

The crash is coming, that is unchanged. That this is a bubble is beyond any doubt. That the bubble is driven by a combination of greed and sheer blind stupidity is also beyond a shadow of a doubt. The whales are in the process of cashing out, leaving the naive to take the fall.

That's an interesting profile you have freightjoe. After joining the forum and spending September posting solely in the  Re: TEU – the shipping crypto currency - bounty announced thread you take a break from September 15 and come back November 15 and seem only obsessed with calling Bitcoin a bubble. I would just like to point out that if you had bought Bitcoin that day it would have cost $6,900 and you would be sitting on nearly $10,000 profit. Exactly how long can you remain bearish?

You are like the man jumping off the roof of a 100-floor building. I am telling you initially it is stupid to jump. You tell me that crypto is something new that gravity cannot touch.

You then jump. When you are 50 floors away from hitting the ground, I am warning you to pull the string on your parachute as otherwise you will be sorry. You tell me it is all FUD and old-fashioned gravity does not matter in the crypto world.

When you are then 20 floors away from hitting the ground - going even faster now - I again warn you to pull the string on your parachute. Now your argument is that because you still having hit the ground, that my warning is just FUD and the in the world of crypto gravity still does not matter, because nothing bad has happened yet.....

I am not bearish. I am just telling you exactly how that jump of yours is going to end.

As I've said before, you are just an anti-BTC troll.
You claim you are saving people from certain demise with Bitcoin and insinuating crypto is bad is the crux of your arguement because it is all bubble and speculation.
Bitcoin is a crypto. Altcoins are crypto.

Again, I challenge you to go FUD the Altcoin forums as well. Make sure you spread your shi..I mean, pearls of wisdom there as well. Don't fall back on your standard "I don't have time" routine because you have shown that you definitely do by your posting history on just this account.

Little Scottyboy, you still haven't become any wiser I see.

That's all you ever have to say. It's apparent that you've got nothing!! Wow, that is just a dynamite reply. Don't tell me you saved that one for me!!!!!!! You been waiting to drop that little tidbit? Wow, it is just sooooo painful.  Roll Eyes
scottykarate

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:00:51 PM

nobody here listens to you now and people are better off because they didn't listen.

really - all the ones who bought at 19800$ are better off now wherre we are 16200$ and on a downwards slope?

Which I'm sure would be a small percentage compared to those who have profited, even if Bitcoin holds where it is. Which it won't. It will go back up. It is still in the green over the course of a week.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 02:00:57 PM

Seems you lack the capability to understand an analogy.... Good luck with getting your fingers burnt.

It seems like you lack the capability of understanding a simple point. Your analogy is incorrect because we all have the ability to step off at any time of our choosing, we're not hurtling out of control. You were wrong to say that it was about to crash at $6,900 and I'd say you are still wrong now. You can't carry on doing that all the way up a bull market and expect to be taken seriously.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MMostaza

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:01:25 PM

I am wondering where you can find this information about the whales cashing out? There is some report talking about it?

What I have read is about Charlie Lee getting rid of all his Litecoins: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-20/after-7-500-rally-cryptocurrency-founder-sells-all-his-coins  which created a bit of doubts and fear, but after his explanation (bit weird for me, but I prefer to think that each one of us have different believes and reasons to do what we do) it seems that no crash happened with Litecoin.

So, how we can know about effects of whales cashing out, if we already don't know if that is happening for sure?

freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:02:53 PM

Hey freightjoe, you're biggest problem here is you are trying to compare a crypto market to a normal market. It's not even a valid comparison, can't be and never will be.

Anyone cashing in BTC for fiat is an idiot and if they sell 10,000 Bitcoin at once and the price drops a few thousand dollars then I will happily buy them.

So basically your argument is that this time it is different?

Try a little reading: https://www.amazon.com/This-Time-Different-Centuries-Financial/dp/0691152640

It is a solid well-researched book covering the last 800 years showing that it is never different in terms of financial bubbles. And don't delude yourself into thinking the world has not seen tremendous technological inventions in the past 800 years.....
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:07:17 PM

The extreme escalation in transaction times is there to ensure the whales can cash out but that smaller investors cannot.

At the same time the small investors cannot cash out because their investment is quite small compared to the fees.

- Existing smaller investors do not want to sell now (despite possible large profits) because of the high fees is you only have a small investment (Today another bitcoiner on this forum has to pay a 20$ fee for a 50$ transaction).

When the whales have completed the sell-off, smaller bitcoin investors can finally begin to sell and that will be the trigger for a complete collapse in the price.

And how you came to this conclusion anyway?
Did whales come to you and told you they are cashing out?
Rather the recent price depreciation gave those whales and many an opportunity to increase their BTC holdings. Actually completely opposite happens when BTC price falls. Whales are the one who buy in more and small investors who usually are panic sellers, panic sell their BTC. Look at the charts or if you don't understand them, ask someone. BTC is going for another bullish rally to $21k+ by this week end.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:07:56 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 02:49:08 PM by lighpulsar07

Wow it's you again! wonder where you've been all this time  Huh
However, you're right about the part that it's harder for small investors to make transactions, but the thing you're wrong about is the price collapse, bitcoin is never gonna collapse!! Every time the price dropped you came here saying the same shit and creating fud..
Who knows why? Maybe you're employed by a whale investor or maybe you yourself are an investor and you want the price to go down as much as possible to buy at the lowest price..

To everyone who's reading this don't listen to him!! Just go to his profile and see how most of his posts are full of shit talk about Bitcoin
lol. he's back why the moderator didn't ban him? I've reported him numerous times because of his copy-paste posts in the past which is violation to the rules and regulation of this forum and the moderators ignored it anyways i can post the proofs and evidences of his violations and yeah you shouldn't listen to this one he's just spreading lies and shills just bitcoin cash supporters spreading FUD just to move to bitcoin cash to this forum.
GwSoJ

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:08:04 PM

So basically your argument is that this time it is different?

Try a little reading: https://www.amazon.com/This-Time-Different-Centuries-Financial/dp/0691152640

It is a solid well-researched book covering the last 800 years showing that it is never different in terms of financial bubbles. And don't delude yourself into thinking the world has not seen tremendous technological inventions in the past 800 years.....

This time it's different in comparison to what? of course it's different because it's brand new.

It's not a financial bubble because it's not financial. It's technological. It's like comparing the travel logs of steam ships from London to New York vs the same trip done on Concorde. There is no comparison.

The markets will have to reinvent themselves over and over again for the next few years because we still don't even know what Cryprocurrency is yet. So there is absolutely no validity in any comparison or prediction you or anyone else makes.

Stick to the facts. Crypto is the future, Bitcoin is crypto gold and there will only ever be 21 million of them. The rest, right now, is irrelevant.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:08:12 PM

I agree with you about the fees and it is true the big players can afford to make more transactions but the rest of what you say is total bs. Firstly you have yourself to blame and can pay yourself and the horse of idiots who sell btc to get fiat. If you don't believe in bitcoin and want fiat then don't bother at all. Bitcoin is a currency there is no cashing out. It's eooe like you who insist on "cashing out" who have made the fees so high. Bitcoin is a currency so use it as such.

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:08:19 PM

Please provide some evidence. How do you know that the whales are cashing out? Yes the fees for small investor are ridiculous... However arent fees relative to each transactions?
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:10:07 PM

I think it is wrong you need to see them it is because the price is dropping does mean they are selling most of them are waiting for the right time and they still holding there coins for the next year the price is deopping the volume and demand are decrease too maybe try to hold your bitcoins.
scottykarate

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:13:19 PM

Wow it's you again! wonder where you've been all this time  Huh
However, you're right about the part that it's harder for small investors to make transactions, but the thing you're wrong about is the price collapse, bitcoin is never gonna collapse!! Every time the price dropped you came here saying the same shit and creating fud..
Who knows why? Maybe you're employed by a whale investor or maybe you yourself are an investor and you want the price to go down as much as possible to buy at the lowest price..

To everyone who's reading this don't listen to him!! Just go to his profile and see how most of his posts are full of shit talk about Bitcoin
lol he's back why the moderator didn't ban him i've reported him numerous times because of his copy paste posting in the past

They don't want to censor people, which is fine. People can have their different opinions about BTC and share them. We can just ignore his threads and they'll drop out of sight if we want to.
It seems we like to engage the troll, which is what he wants and what some of us apparently want as well.

Marsouc

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:15:14 PM

I wont say they are cashing out, this was really small drop.
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:15:43 PM

We should not do the same an rather be awared that it is probably because of Christmans whereas people are in need of money to buy presents for their families or to just buy the things that they want. They are selling because there are only limited countriws where it can be used directly so the only way is to sell it. But surely, it will eventually increase, so just HOLD.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
Yzhel

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:15:52 PM

I think it is wrong you need to see them it is because the price is dropping does mean they are selling most of them are waiting for the right time and they still holding there coins for the next year the price is deopping the volume and demand are decrease too maybe try to hold your bitcoins.
That is right, I am holding my bitcoin as well regardless of the price right now, although the current price is dropping I won't still cash out my btc as I am securing some of it in the future, hope that before the year ends the value of bitcoin will be back again to $20k or better if more than that.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:17:43 PM

There is no evidence of your theory, this is completely speculation.
Bitcoin price is just $16,200 at the moment, and bitcoin get more attention since it reaches $10,000. It makes sense to cash out at the peak instead of at current market situation. Which mean, big whales already cashed out when bitcoin reach $20,000 or they may want to wait for bitcoin reach $50,000 or even higher price as the best price to extract the profit. ALthough, it's not profitable for smaller investors to cash out when the mempool flooded with so many unconfirmed transactions, better to wait until all thing get fixed and bitcoin reach a higher point.
GwSoJ

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:19:45 PM

That is right, I am holding my bitcoin as well regardless of the price right now, although the current price is dropping I won't still cash out my btc as I am securing some of it in the future, hope that before the year ends the value of bitcoin will be back again to $20k or better if more than that.

Much, much, much more that $20K  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: