Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:17:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Current best powered risers available?  (Read 1767 times)
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:07:09 AM

your Mining Rig looks very neat dude, usually, a frame like that when placed on the floor using a carpet or your floor looks from wood. by the way, I see the distance between each card is too close together, is there a problem with the temperature on each card.
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:13:46 PM

your Mining Rig looks very neat dude, usually, a frame like that when placed on the floor using a carpet or your floor looks from wood. by the way, I see the distance between each card is too close together, is there a problem with the temperature on each card.

Like I said. No there isn’t any problem with temp. There are 6 fans surrounding the cards that pull air across them.

I set the software to keep the cards at 65C, and each card modulates it’s fan to maintain that with fan speeds varying from 25-70% fan speed depending on the ambient temp
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:53:06 PM

Like I said. No there isn’t any problem with temp. There are 6 fans surrounding the cards that pull air across them.

What GPUs are these? 6-pin connector only means probably RX 560's?
I always find myself cursing the PSUs because they never seem to have enough cables to feed all PCI-E's or Molex or both...
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 01:58:39 PM

I always find myself cursing the PSUs because they never seem to have enough cables to feed all PCI-E's or Molex or both...

Or rx470/480s. I dunno, 6 cards on an evga 1300, 9 on a 1600, leaves some overhead and nothing melts...

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:21:22 PM

They are RX570s and 580s. They both have 8-pin connectors. The only thing that has 6-pin is the riser itself.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:13:18 PM

I just saw it before I didn't realize it. Does it use VPM like delta and that frame like CPU in general? If true I will try to assemble it like that.

I usually assemble a rig from wood and aluminum.
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:06:53 PM

I just saw it before I didn't realize it. Does it use VPM like delta and that frame like CPU in general? If true I will try to assemble it like that.

I usually assemble a rig from wood and aluminum.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to ask. I don’t know what VPM is or what you mean in reference to the CPU.

But the fans are Noctua iPPC 2000 rpm fans.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: