Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 10:54:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why every ICO have a different rate to ETH ?  (Read 154 times)
dirgayeah (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 03:12:39 PM

I have some question and still not answered. Why every ICO have a different rate to ETH.  For example the project A have a rate 300X = 1 ETH and Project B have a rate 2000B = 1 ETH. Is there's some factor to made the rate different ? Whats value made some ICO more expensive than others ICO. If anyone know just share your opinion. Thanks

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
PetrovichCoinMaster

Activity: 224
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:31:54 PM

I think developers set the course for the future of the token, calculated according to his formula, depending on the seriousness of the project, labor costs and development costs. Therefore, each project has its token rate.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:33:27 PM

I think there are few factors involved that determine the average price, for example, total supply of the tokens and hard cap, distribution of the tokens and minimum funds required to develop the project, these are called token economics, to be frank i do not like the projects that put a high price per token during the ico, low priced icos have huge margins to grow while expensive ones have low profit margins.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:33:57 PM

You are a full member you should know better.
One should look at the hard cap/market cap to determine the value and potential of the project and arrive at whether the coin is expensive or underpriced.
Why are some ICO raising so much? Maybe the founders are greedy or maybe they really need so much fund to roll our its roadmap.
In any case, do your own due diligence

Gogochen

Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:37:03 PM

Generally speaking, this is related to the total amount of money issued, generally 1eth= how much coin is converted according to the proportion of usd, so the proportion of each coin is different.

jack107

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:40:14 PM

Yes I agree with everyone above. there's multiple factors on why they choose that: market cap, token supply, where eth's price is at.
panduryk

Activity: 516
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:41:22 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 06:51:36 PM by panduryk

Each company chooses the price of the token.
As a rule, the less the price of one token, the more Hard Cap
I have seen a lot of coins which on ICO cost 1-2 cents, and after doing x10, or more
I myself participated in one ICO, where the price of one token was $ 10, now it costs 4-5 $
Domp1

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:42:15 PM

Mostly its because the supply of their coins, the fluctuation in eth and of course how much they think there business is worth. Also they have to set a realistic goal to get investors on board
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:44:02 PM

I have some question and still not answered. Why every ICO have a different rate to ETH.  For example the project A have a rate 300X = 1 ETH and Project B have a rate 2000B = 1 ETH. Is there's some factor to made the rate different ? Whats value made some ICO more expensive than others ICO. If anyone know just share your opinion. Thanks

Different ICOs are taking different approaches. Some of them see their finances in terms of ether, so they set a rate and don't change it. Other fix the rate at the last moment.

In both cases the investor has to make a decision at the last moment to see if the market cap makes sense.
dirgayeah (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:56:17 PM

You are a full member you should know better.
One should look at the hard cap/market cap to determine the value and potential of the project and arrive at whether the coin is expensive or underpriced.
Why are some ICO raising so much? Maybe the founders are greedy or maybe they really need so much fund to roll our its roadmap.
In any case, do your own due diligence

Yeah I know that so many speculation answer but I still dont know the rasional answer. And I have a speculation and opinion too before make this topic. Thanks for your opinion dude

limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:15:34 PM

easy example, see farmers, they plant and require maintenance and other costs. when the harvest time, surely they calculate all the capital and want the best price, hope get the profit and continue the planting again.
the capital between chili farmers and onion farmers is different, so is the selling price in the market.

the same thing as ico, they have targeted their token price, so their project goes well and according to plan.
legoplayer245

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:16:38 PM

Because they have to set their token value based on the amount of stakes created for the ICO.
boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:11:18 PM

It depends on the developers,they will set an initial coin price,based on their hard cap.

dirgayeah (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 10:34:24 AM

easy example, see farmers, they plant and require maintenance and other costs. when the harvest time, surely they calculate all the capital and want the best price, hope get the profit and continue the planting again.
the capital between chili farmers and onion farmers is different, so is the selling price in the market.

the same thing as ico, they have targeted their token price, so their project goes well and according to plan.

Yeah its true if we seen with perspective like that. Some case in reality , dev made a good rate just for raised many fund from investor and finally ending with nothing. They just made good from outside but unhealthy inside.  Thanks om jo Cheesy

SearchingforS

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:38:47 AM

There's a bunch of reasons for this: mostly it depends on the time point when their are planning their budget with a fixed eth/usd rate.

bramborakymilenec

Activity: 236

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:22:44 PM

Because the price keeps changing.

Also they will have made calculations before the price change.
cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:29:44 PM

It depends to the ICO's developers they will set a soft and hardcap,ethereum price is set considering the timespan they need to get the targeted price of the token.

CryptoNOK
Copper Member

Activity: 286
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 05:39:17 PM

Supply                          .

tokenswim.com - token-permissioned communities on the blockchain
ramzhies

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:53:40 PM

demand of the project maybe
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:47:24 AM

The team chooses to measure the financing in cryptos or USD. If they want USD then they have to fix a different rate depending on eth price.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: