Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:41:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin going down?  (Read 644 times)
YouKnowMe

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:33:12 PM

Its going down because of:

1. Investors are rebelling because the high transaction fee on platforms.

2. Invenstsstor are trading BTC to altcoins

3. Panic Selling

4. Investors are digging to Bitcoin Cash

But hey! Its the perfect time to buy BTC!
Its predicted to reach 50k USD next year.
Have a wonderful year ahead.
mrbnson

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

X-Block.io

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:34:45 PM

Do you know why bitcoin going so much down?

I think bitcoin hit a bit of a wall at $20k, then there was the exchange collapsing in korea coupled with bitcoin cashes prominence and bitcoins continued high level of fees and slow transaction speed.
mensha

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:37:06 PM

There are multiple reasons as I feel;
01. Whales are withdrawing money at higher rate
02. BCH is listed in few new exchanges/ Wallets
03. There are good altcoins are now in market
04. There are people who are expecting segwit2x happens in near future..
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:13:10 PM

It's a normal correction that was bound to happen long ago. The only reason it hasn't was that people were waiting for the futures to open for trading.
The clogged up blockchain has given people something to think of and they're moving into other coins for the time being. For instance even BTG which is a total shitcoin has gained from this situation. Once the lightning network starts working we'll have another BTC surge and an exit from altcoins to BTC.

true, it is natural. bitcoin prices are easy to change especially with regard to technical issues, speculation and legality. after the price drops, then the price will bounce. although today it tends to go down, if we look further at the beginning of 2017, the current bitcoin price remains higher and for those who have bitcoin since it must have gained much profit.

Yamifoud

Activity: 2758
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:20:39 PM

I don't think it's not rare to happen with bitcoin price. Being vulnerable for such market demand and supply, any up and downs might be happen all the time and we can never escaped that from happening. The only thing is that we really don't know when, but mostly it occurs when there is FUDs and hardfork launching. Mostly we worried about of dumping and makes many bitcoin holders selling their coins in low price which is not a good idea.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Sanu Simon

Activity: 215
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:23:27 PM

This looks to be the common price fluctuations that takes place with time. As we are getting close to the days of Christmas as well the new year price increases. To have a forward push, now the price of bitcoin seems to go high and reach a bigger value.
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:04:34 PM

1. people are investing in bitcoins currently , Investors start investing money in Ripple (1.2$ current) and bitcoin cash (3600$) , Dogecoins (0.008$)

Ripple has no real future. It's popular only because of its recent pump but people are short-sighted and forgot that it has been going down for months.

2. some short term investors start selling of their bitcoins to recover the profit. they will buy again when it come low.

This is the main reason.

3. bitcoin Rise and Drop is a part of game , It will down and Come back again ,

In recent news someone bet that bitcoin price will reach 50,000$ Next year
I'm sure that it will.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:49:32 PM

This looks to be the common price fluctuations that takes place with time. As we are getting close to the days of Christmas as well the new year price increases. To have a forward push, now the price of bitcoin seems to go high and reach a bigger value.
The demand of money is high because of the season which makes the price of bitcoin to dump. We predict that it will pump again after new year. It is the best time to buy bitcoin and many investors take that opportunity. It is the right time that they are waiting for long after the big pump in bitcoin price.

keithieY5

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:39:20 AM

1.people sell them bitcoins.
2. Supply rise and Demand reduces.
3. price down people sell more.
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:18:34 AM

For me, the reasons why Bitcoin price is currently down is because of the holiday season people spend their money on giving gifts and buying foods in preparation for the upcoming holidays. Sure some are still spending their money in investing in bitcoin but we could not hide the fact that during this special season in giving special gifts to our love ones.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:41:24 PM

2. Supply rise and Demand reduces.
Point is that the price was never really maintainable around near $20,000 levels, which was something you could have figured out even before it reached there. Anything mildly above $10,000 is a fair reflection of the market.

If the price goes up too much in such a short period of time, you'll know that if it happens to go up even further, it won't and can't be maintained for long, and that's what we are experiencing right now.

It's a clear sign that the market isn't ready to increase further for now, and honestly speaking, it shouldn't go up further. Bitcoin's current limitations don't back up a further increase, so we should be happy with where we stand now.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:53:48 PM

I think there is some sort of chain reaction going on at the moment, since the resistance at $20K was strong, people started selling and it has triggered a small decreasing trend. But I'm sure it will pick back up eventually.
It may be due to the reaction. But in general rules of economics it is very common to price up and down of any product. In the case of bitcoin most of the time we see the price rate of bitcoin is high. It is rare to see its price going down. Some new investors who have not business wisdom are going panic and start selling Bitcoin. I am on the point that it is the best time for investors to buy Bitcoin as many as they can. Because we all know that the price will soon be going high and that returns investors’ huge amount of money.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:40:15 PM

People are cashing on the gains from the previous two months of upswing. They want to enjoy the fruits of their labor (investment) during the holiday season. Or maybe the cryptocurrency market is on a correction/stabilisation period.

I just hope many of those asking questions about bitcoin falling really understand this fact. Traders will always like to take profit after some gain and this will always push the price backwards because value has exchange hands. Bitcoin like other trading assets cannot continue going up and vice vassal. We should expect bitcoin to make another surprised pumping some weeks to come and I am expecting this move to get to around  $17,000 before making another progress to $20,000 and $30,000.
Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:18:05 PM

I think there is some sort of chain reaction going on at the moment, since the resistance at $20K was strong, people started selling and it has triggered a small decreasing trend. But I'm sure it will pick back up eventually.
It may be due to the reaction. But in general rules of economics it is very common to price up and down of any product. In the case of bitcoin most of the time we see the price rate of bitcoin is high. It is rare to see its price going down. Some new investors who have not business wisdom are going panic and start selling Bitcoin. I am on the point that it is the best time for investors to buy Bitcoin as many as they can. Because we all know that the price will soon be going high and that returns investors’ huge amount of money.

It may gather some power from lower points to rise one more time to the $20000 price. Staying in these priced doesn't mean that it's dead or it's inactive. Just wait and see the next move of bitcoin.
SpyX

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:32:18 PM

In short term, do you think microsoft's position about bitcoin play a role in this dump?

For me, bitcoin will rise again, and above 20 000$ in a long term vision.
Bloomie

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:00:43 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-resumes-bitcoin-payments-after-halt-over-instability/

If anything, MS's decision to start taking Bitcoin again will end up helping it rise in price. They reinstated BTC payments.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:20:58 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/microsoft-resumes-bitcoin-payments-after-halt-over-instability/

If anything, MS's decision to start taking Bitcoin again will end up helping it rise in price. They reinstated BTC payments.

In my opinion Microsoft´s decision to accept Bitcoin payments is completely irrelevant
to the development of the Bitcoin price.

The Bitcoin bull run of 2017 happened in spite of lower merchant acceptance among
the Fortune500 companies than a few years ago (in 2015 5 companies
out of the Fortune500 accepted BTC payments, now only 3 companies accept BTC
as a payment method). I´d argue that Bitcoin´s main use case has become
to be a store of value and the possibility to make payments with it is only
a secondary feature. The price development of the last few years certainly supports my theory.

Bloomie

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:35:55 PM

In my opinion Microsoft´s decision to accept Bitcoin payments is completely irrelevant
to the development of the Bitcoin price.

The Bitcoin bull run of 2017 happened in spite of lower merchant acceptance among
the Fortune500 companies than a few years ago (in 2015 5 companies
out of the Fortune500 accepted BTC payments, now only 3 companies accept BTC
as a payment method). I´d argue that Bitcoin´s main use case has become
to be a store of value and the possibility to make payments with it is only
a secondary feature. The price development of the last few years certainly supports my theory.

I agree with you, but it's not so much about showing its value as a payment currency, rather it's about the news source on its own. I feel that because of all the increased attention to the crypto market, media focus on positive or negative aspects of the market do tend to affect it in some (maybe small/insignificant) ways. I think the news that MS is reinstating payments may nudge some legitimacy in BTC's direction in the view of the general public.

I for one had no clue MS even accepted BTC payments in the first place. I'm sure I wasn't alone in thinking that.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:08:45 PM

It won't do that much for the price. Thing is that Microsoft has done the same more than a year ago, where people were worried about why they did remove Bitcoin as payment option, but Microsoft then stated that it was a mistake from their side after many complaints. It would only have had an impact if people were actually using Bitcoin to pay for things on a massive scale, and that's not really the case, otherwise Microsoft wouldn't even consider to *temporarily* remove Bitcoin as payment option. What doesn't contribute towards growth, can't be missed when removed. Smiley
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:56:33 PM

It won't do that much for the price. Thing is that Microsoft has done the same more than a year ago, where people were worried about why they did remove Bitcoin as payment option, but Microsoft then stated that it was a mistake from their side after many complaints. It would only have had an impact if people were actually using Bitcoin to pay for things on a massive scale, and that's not really the case, otherwise Microsoft wouldn't even consider to *temporarily* remove Bitcoin as payment option. What doesn't contribute towards growth, can't be missed when removed. Smiley
Bitcoin is not going down its price is going normal but there is no need to worry about bitcoin because its price is related with market some time its price will be high and sometime its price will be low and it’s not a first time that it’s going to happen it happen so many time before and I’m sure that this time its price will go more high because bitcoin don’t compromise on its price and it change its price fast from low to high.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: