Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:18:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have NEVER seen Bitcoin in such a sorry state as this!!  (Read 1667 times)
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:41:26 AM

why you send when find price of fee high and i think your wallet give you alert.

bitcoin was bad and now it is faster and lower price
These low prices will only stay up to tomorrow and from 26 of December prices will start to rise and all the complains of people will run away because price will soon shoot up this is because people sold their coins for the profit and this is normal bitcoin will rise again and bitcoin itself has given a Christmas sale to world to get into the community to make money like others do and there is nothing to worry about prices anymore.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:13:58 AM

I sent a payment this morning with blockchain.info and the average fee was around $12, not too bad if you send the equivalent of $1000, but not too good if you send a small payment (I sent a total of $150). I would not consider $12 a "low fee" anyway. I am replying to guoyu78's comment above me.

Now another question, what will holders too if the price of BTC keeps floating around 12-15k without going higher for 2 or 3 months straight? Ask yourself the question...  perhaps some investors will get interested because the price is more stable (therefore less risky for them), but some others will run away as they may think BTC reached its maximal potential.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:26:36 AM

Even in this forum there is a sharp change in attitude towards bitcoin. If a month ago it was zealously defended by more than 90 percent of members of the forum, now the number of its supporters has diminished noticeably and bitcoin already scolds cash and even openly they are interested in it as a possible alternative to the original bitcoin. It really became very slow, and commissions for transactions in recent years are off scale. If the lightning network does not help bitcoin in the near future, then its inglorious end awaits.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:32:49 AM

Several transactions of mine have gone with 0 confirmations in the past several days.  And some of those I was paying 1.5X or 2X the recommended fees.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zilch.

Bitcoin has gone from being an expensive network to use to a practically unusable network.  I was defending Bitcoin against millions of tards back in 2011 and 2012.  Are they going to have the last laugh on me now?  It pisses me off to actually see some of you defending this too and saying "this is the way Bitcoin is supposed to work".  Umm... NO IT IS NOT .

I have ZERO confidence left in Core and their "developers".  Their network can't handle the slightest bit of volume without totally seizing up.  And then Adam Back is out there with the press talking about Bitcoin vendors and merchants running a tab system??  Really??  You can't do your job properly so you want people to run a tab in BTC??  You saw this coming from 10 miles away and did nothing about it.  Stupid or malicious?... you decide.

I will be converting my remaining BTC to BCH, Dash, XMR and coins that actually work! And coins that have teams that have at least a Grade 7 level understanding of economics, ie.. "when you are at capacity, you open more locations".  And not throw out "but but centralization!!" juvenile red herrings!

Long time Bitcoiner of 6 years here saying, "SEE YA LATER! CASHING OUT NOW!"

This is indeed a very sad sentiment especially that bitcoin is losing it's value nowadays. However, this should not be the fate of all. Bitcoin will still regain it's value in time. As someone invested on bitcoin, expectations must also come as downs will be also happening. In all investements, risks are always involved.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
donovank

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:36:53 AM

Don't understand how a 6 year experienced bitcoiner still doesn't know when to hold.
2018 will be a great year, and this is the runup to the start of that year.

Every coin needs a stable balance, for the alt coins this is bitcoin, for bitcoin it's a reliable market
uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 10:46:54 AM

Don't understand how a 6 year experienced bitcoiner still doesn't know when to hold.

Every coin needs a stable balance, for the alt coins this is bitcoin, for bitcoin it's a reliable market

I guess, once before, he haven't experience such a big dip and congestion of bitcoin like what is happening today. And so, for him it is not normal and I understand his point. But just like almost everyone said, he must not close the door yet, because he would regret it, A LOT.
soulripper

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:51:26 AM

that why i move to ethereum now. especially about the fees. if nothing they do with that i think the high bitcoin are there will be irrelevant price of fees will they charges for every transaction. its killing me.
junoreactor

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:19:08 AM

In the previous 6 years, correct me if I am wrong but the fees were never a concern, actually it was not until late this year. This is a new problem for Bitcoin and the community behind it.
Adhesive201

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:06:47 AM

The government and the national bank can issue money indefinitely. The more money is not supported by real growth of the economy, the higher the inflation
jameyap32

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:07:34 AM

Transactions nowadays are very slow since there are over 170,000 pending transactions waiting to be mined. You can check the blockchain for more information on how your transaction is going
junoreactor

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:59:24 AM

The government and the national bank can issue money indefinitely. The more money is not supported by real growth of the economy, the higher the inflation
Which is the exact opposite of Bitcoin, which in a way is comparable to gold because of its limited supply. Just like gold, Bitcoin is deflationary by nature, now if the fee problem can be solved (Lightning Network coming soon?) Bitcoin holders will get rewarded again for their patience.
Cannot find much reliable info about LN and its implementation though but it would be a major event if it happens.
CryptoRothschild

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:07:42 PM

I completely agree with you. Now Bitcoin has been turned in a pure speculative toy, since it is unusable for anything else than speculation with it. NOW it starts to look like the Dutch tulips.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
freightjoe

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:26:17 PM

Several transactions of mine have gone with 0 confirmations in the past several days.  And some of those I was paying 1.5X or 2X the recommended fees.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zilch.

Bitcoin has gone from being an expensive network to use to a practically unusable network.  I was defending Bitcoin against millions of tards back in 2011 and 2012.  Are they going to have the last laugh on me now?  It pisses me off to actually see some of you defending this too and saying "this is the way Bitcoin is supposed to work".  Umm... NO IT IS NOT .

I have ZERO confidence left in Core and their "developers".  Their network can't handle the slightest bit of volume without totally seizing up.  And then Adam Back is out there with the press talking about Bitcoin vendors and merchants running a tab system??  Really??  You can't do your job properly so you want people to run a tab in BTC??  You saw this coming from 10 miles away and did nothing about it.  Stupid or malicious?... you decide.

I will be converting my remaining BTC to BCH, Dash, XMR and coins that actually work! And coins that have teams that have at least a Grade 7 level understanding of economics, ie.. "when you are at capacity, you open more locations".  And not throw out "but but centralization!!" juvenile red herrings!

Good for you - you realized it is good for absolutely no practical purpose and was lucky to sell at around 16.000 - as opposed to the "HODL" cult members in here you are stuck with counting their losses and clining to hope as their only strategy
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:30:27 PM

Good for you - you realized it is good for absolutely no practical purpose and was lucky to sell at around 16.000 - as opposed to the "HODL" cult members in here you are stuck with counting their losses and clining to hope as their only strategy

Wait a minute! KwuckDuck is that you talking to your alts again? Lol, welcome back.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:56:49 PM

me, too. it's like a nightmare that never ends T_T
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:47:07 PM

Currently deals hailed for hours several times unconfirmed I pray all should be good because the investor will clean it there tears with your tap water handkerchief from your loss. Cool
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:28:56 PM

Despite what you thought, this is exactly the way bitcoin is supposed to work.  There is only supply and demand, nothing else. Every user is completely free to sell whenever they like. That will always mean a highly volatile market.
If the NYSE or other world markets were free they would do the same. They are not free however, and are tightly controlled. So if the stock market starts crashing hard they shut it off. No one can do that with bitcoin.  In the 1800 the NYSE crashed and rallied all the time.

I think the confusion is about what bitcoin is. It is money, just money, nothing else. It is not your friend or here to make you rich. It has no interest in your ambitions whatsoever. The advantage for you is that you alone own bitcoin. The network will treat you the same if you are rich or poor, in the Arctic or in NYC. Fair money is not magical, just fair. So you and I don't get to decide what happens, no one does. We do it together.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:43:35 PM

All bitcoins are better than normal currencies. Functionally does not work at all and needs more work at the time of confirmation and transaction costs. Cool
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:04:16 PM

Wait a minute! KwuckDuck is that you talking to your alts again? Lol, welcome back.
This has always been the trend and it's no longer shocking. What plays highly in the market is the supply and demand which are both present in any marketing or finance industry, and both affect price condition, Bitcoin is not exempted from it. It has its highs and lows but our faith and positivity should remain strong and high. The downturn won't stay longer, and so there's nothing to worry.
sikaola

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:27:26 AM

That is the normal thing of the market
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: