Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:29:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Physical Litecoins by the Litecoin Foundation  (Read 8276 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:42:01 AM

I would only buy my coins from Smoothie , sucks that you don't make them anymore.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:09:00 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 09:09:52 AM by smoothie

Looks like the one-year anniversary of this thread is coming up tomorrow and thus far...

No coins, no designs, no holograms, no proof, nothing but talk. Is anyone actually surprised that Goat's LTC coins never materialized? It isn't surprising to me. But I must admit it is funny though.  Grin Grin Grin

Announcing the Litecoin Foundation's physical Litecoin project.

The Litecoin Foundation was formed in 2012 to help protect and promote Litecoin. In this spirit we are going to make physical Litecoin affordable for everyone.

The Litecoin Foundation has loaned 25,000 LTC to fund the physical Litecoin project. The physical Litecoin project will be organized and managed by Chaang-Noi a.k.a Goat.

Hi All,

I have been a long time supporter of physical crypto and I am a strong supporter of Mike Caldwell's (Casascius) physical Bitcoins. I hold a significant amount and own at least one of every coin he has made. I think his efforts have done well for BTC and we would like to do the same for LTC. Since we are pretty much going to be copying his work, I just wanted to give credit to where it was due.

In order to promote LTC I and a few other key LTC supporters feel that an affordable physical Litecoin should be available to the community. We will be doing this project at cost, it will not be for profit. That means you will be able to get the lowest priced physical LTC that can be made.

For example we expect to be able to make the base 1 oz silver coins with the holograms for less than $35. Our goal will be $30 or less. This means the base silver coin and hologram will cost the buyer only 13 LTC or less, plus the face value of the coin.

We will be minting 1/10th, ½, and 1oz .999 fine silver rounds with different denominations. We will also be selling an especially low cost item with no metal (think credit card) for the absolute lowest cost physical LTC. This will be made in the range of 1 to 1000 LTC for the easiest and cheapest way to transport LTC physically.

We have the funding and we have our suppliers set up, all we need from the community is for you to tell us exactly what you want. We think we have a pretty good idea but if we can improve on anything Mike has done please let us know.

Also are you an artist? Want to design a coin or card? Please contact me A.S.A.P.

We are not taking preorders, you can not reserve orders at this time, and we expect to be shipping in 2 to 3 months. We will only be accepting LTC as payment. Also prices are subject to change and will match our real costs.

Thank you all for your support.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:17:45 AM

Over a year has passed since this announcement and still Goat has failed to deliver on his supposed "not-for-profit" physical litecoins.

At least it can be known that Goat has shown no proof that his efforts in this supposed project were genuine as there is no design, holograms, certificates, and most importantly no coins.

This thread was created the day after Goat and I had a supposed disagreement in PMs on this forum which confirms my suspicions that this thread was an attempt to troll me and in essence gave false hope to other prospective coin buyers that they would have an alternative in the near future from the time the thread was started.

Promise after promise was made and none were ever kept. Now Goat has been banned from the forums for going off the deep end and has been accused by multiple parties that he owes them a substantial amount of BTC that he refuses to pay (which was debt from his previously failed businesses/stocks/etc.).

Now he has gone rogue and his trust has plummeted since he has been gone.

This should not come as a surprise as Goat has always been a shady character on these forums.

Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 12:59:42 AM

Over a year has passed since this announcement and still Goat has failed to deliver on his supposed "not-for-profit" physical litecoins.

At least it can be known that Goat has shown no proof that his efforts in this supposed project were genuine as there is no design, holograms, certificates, and most importantly no coins.

This thread was created the day after Goat and I had a supposed disagreement in PMs on this forum which confirms my suspicions that this thread was an attempt to troll me and in essence gave false hope to other prospective coin buyers that they would have an alternative in the near future from the time the thread was started.

Promise after promise was made and none were ever kept. Now Goat has been banned from the forums for going off the deep end and has been accused by multiple parties that he owes them a substantial amount of BTC that he refuses to pay (which was debt from his previously failed businesses/stocks/etc.).

This should not come as a surprise as Goat has always been a shady character on these forums.

Roll Eyes

This isn't goat's fault, its mine.  I'm too much a perfectionist with these things.
I have prototypes, and much of the work toward this done, but am way behind on most everything I've committed to and this is no exception.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:26:31 AM

Roll Eyes

This isn't goat's fault, its mine.  I'm too much a perfectionist with these things.
I have prototypes, and much of the work toward this done, but am way behind on most everything I've committed to and this is no exception.

Thank you for apologizing. But last I remembered that goat was the one touting this project on this forum and the LTC forum claiming they were not for profit physical litecoins and he was out in charge of it.

From public knowledge, goat was in charge of this project and he touted it as such.

When questioned about the public info about a not-for-profit organization on the LTC forums he never answered those concerns.

Me and goat had it out for a while and in the end it appears he was shady and based on user claims he is refusing to pay his debts even after they were confirmed by theymos about the claims and the validity of it.

I'm sure goat is a good guy in some people's eyes but to me he has been quite questionable given his past business practices and involvements.

Just because you do right most of the time and some of the time you do very shady questionable things, does not absolve someone of those wrong doings. I've always called a spade a spade on this forum, as such, nothing is different here.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:01:46 AM

Roll Eyes

Can we see the prototypes?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: