Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:59:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine ZenCash with Awesome Miner?  (Read 181 times)
Bitminer2017 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:54:23 AM

Hello. Have a 10 card rig setup with AwesomeMiner and I simply just want to mine JUST ZenCash at MPH.

I created a "managed miner" and put in us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20594 for the pool and my username.workername I setup under "Hub Workers" which was setup for just ZenCash. I also put my ZenCash wallet in the settings. I set the miner to be EWBF, CCMINER, Excavator, and DSTM for nVidia. All of these programs work for a second and then close out with no error seen.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Bitminer2017 (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:32:35 AM

Ah sorry. If an admin could move that would be good.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:29:35 AM

Hello. Have a 10 card rig setup with AwesomeMiner and I simply just want to mine JUST ZenCash at MPH.

I created a "managed miner" and put in us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20594 for the pool and my username.workername I setup under "Hub Workers" which was setup for just ZenCash. I also put my ZenCash wallet in the settings. I set the miner to be EWBF, CCMINER, Excavator, and DSTM for nVidia. All of these programs work for a second and then close out with no error seen.

Thanks.

In the pool settings, you only need to put your worker name like "puwaha", and on the managed miner settings you tick the box to append the rig name like "rig.1" so that the full worker name becomes "puwaha.rig1". 

The best way to diagnose problems with a pool or miner setup in Awesome Miner is to right click it and have it run the diagnostics.  It will show you exact command line it's using which can help you configure the pool and miner appropriately.  The mining software will tell you what it sees as wrong usually as well.
Bubbajuju

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:41:09 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 07:53:18 AM by Bubbajuju

Thanks.

MPH>Hub Workers> Worker Login>[accountname.][workername]> Worker Password [ x ] (use this as MPH doesn't really use it. Later you can also add other variables here like difficulty i.e. d=14500) >Job [Zencash] >Save

MPH> Auto Exchange> Exchange Availability and Settings> Turn OFF Zencash >Update Settings (unless you really did want to auto-exchange ZEN for something else)

MPH>ZenCash Pool>Wallet> You know what to do here...

AM>Main>Options>Pools>Add>Description [MPH ZenCash is what I used]>Server URL>[us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20594]>Worker name>[mph account name].[mph worker name] (period in between)>password [ x ]>optional settings>coin>Zencash(ZEN)>Ok>Ok

AM>New Managed Miner>Description [I used Single Coin Equihash EWBF]>host [local]>Algorithm [Equihash]>Software [EWBF CUDA Zcash Miner] Choose your Pool we just created for the mining pool.

That's it. Only EWBF works for me. None of the other included packages.

If you are still having trouble reboot your computer. This kills all processes that might be running. Good luck!

edit: Oh choose new Managed Miner. Not Profit Switching Miner. Profit switching profiles are only for profit switching miners. So when you say "I set the miner to be EWBF, CCMINER, Excavator, and DSTM for nVidia." it makes me think you are not setting up just a regular managed miner. Because you can only choose one algo with the regular managed miner.

Confusing at first, huh?
puwaha

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:25:43 AM

AM>Main>Options>Pools>Add>Description [MPH ZenCash is what I used]>Server URL>[us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20594]>Worker name>[mph account name].[mph worker name] (period in between)>password [ x ]>optional settings>coin>Zencash(ZEN)>Ok>Ok

Don't put the full worker name [mph account name].[mph worker name] in the pool settings unless you tick the box to "ignore add to worker name on miner" on the Advanced tab on the pool settings.  I highly recommend you just use the account name in the worker name, and let AM add on the rig name from the managed miner.

Here's the examples:

That's it. Only EWBF works for me. None of the other included packages.

DSTM works fine with Awesome Miner.
Bubbajuju

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:41:30 AM

Don't put the full worker name [mph account name].[mph worker name] in the pool settings unless you tick the box to "ignore add to worker name on miner" on the Advanced tab on the pool settings.  I highly recommend you just use the account name in the worker name, and let AM add on the rig name from the managed miner.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. It's working for me like I wrote but I need to take your advice as I'm on day 3 of mining  Smiley
I'll play around with it and see if I can break it.

DSTM works fine with Awesome Miner.

Totally. I have no idea why it wouldn't earlier.  Now it's pulling in a Suprnova zen pool on DSTM perfectly fine.

I think sometimes the reboot fixes everything when I have been jacking around with it. Thanks puwaha.

I'll get off this guys thread now!

edit: Oh I noticed you put in the stratum/tcp in the url. I kept getting a could not connect error when I used it. So I just removed it and it works. I don't know why. I read it was best to use it.
Bubbajuju

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:59:08 PM

Ok I can't wrap my head around this.

I see it as 6 of one and half dozen of the other. Just a matter of preference.

If my worker name was the same for all of the pools for my machine it would make sense.

But since I name my workers accountname.coin i.e. Bubbajuju.Zencash or Bubbajuju.Zcash or Bubbajuju.Verge I would have to change the miner worker settings each time I switched pools.

So if I put the full worker name in the pool I can just switch pools on the miner.

Do you recommend your method for organizational means, or functional means or security means?
puwaha

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:13:29 AM

Ok I can't wrap my head around this.

I see it as 6 of one and half dozen of the other. Just a matter of preference.

If my worker name was the same for all of the pools for my machine it would make sense.

But since I name my workers accountname.coin i.e. Bubbajuju.Zencash or Bubbajuju.Zcash or Bubbajuju.Verge I would have to change the miner worker settings each time I switched pools.

So if I put the full worker name in the pool I can just switch pools on the miner.

Do you recommend your method for organizational means, or functional means or security means?

You do it so that you use one single pool setting for all of your rigs.  Once you set your pool up, you don't have to change anything.  Doing it your way, you'd have to setup a pool for each rig.
Bubbajuju

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 05:23:32 PM

You do it so that you use one single pool setting for all of your rigs.  Once you set your pool up, you don't have to change anything.  Doing it your way, you'd have to setup a pool for each rig.

Gotcha. Thanks, puwaha!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: