Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason behind Bitcoin Dip (Crash)  (Read 849 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1263

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:48:10 AM

I would like to understand the main reason behind the bitcoin dip/crash (whatever it may be). Currently BTC is trading at 12.5K on preev.com, and I am beginning to become scared as to what the near future may hold for bitcoin.
Its nothing to get scared of, the fact is people had been stockpiling bitcoin for sometime now and one big whales cashed it out followed by every other trader who got an acute myocardial infraction (heart attack for those who dont understand). Thus the huge tumble that has happened.

Is this a Bitcoin crash? Or is it a crypto crash too? Is it just the holiday season or something else? We can also see on coinmarketcap.com that in essence, almost ALL alt-coins are also down by a similar amount in %.
It was bound to happen and I was also expecting this sometime around new year. Just that it happened earlier than I predicted.
Hold or sell, what do you think?
It your choice. Not everyone has the guts to keep up with a crash in the assets and hence you have to decide what to do yourself. I am hodling btc for life.

PS: Please don't just spam this thread with:"Sell now, it will crash" or "Don't worry, it will go up". Base your points on facts that drive the discussion forward, not just general terms that have been already written down many times before.
I hope I did not spam. Let me know if I did. Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
radeone

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:48:52 AM

buy the dip or regret it later you guys.

ICO IS NOW LIVE    ▐┃▌    1WORLD ONLINE    ▐┃▌    WHITEPAPER
✣ ✣ ✣ ┃ Revolutionizing ONLINE MEDIA with BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY and incentives for AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT™ ┃ ✣ ✣ ✣
ANN \ / TELEGRAM \ / FACEBOOK \ / WHATSAPP \ / TWITTER \ / KAKAOTALK
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:49:13 AM

Its been a normal situation of bitcoin that is expected that once bitcoin get on a high level expect that bitcoin goes down again and go back again to higher. Now i think bitcoin next week will be go on high again.
oviudiu

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:50:12 AM

I am also a little bit worried about the decreasing of price. I think that people are just cashing out their money because of the holiday seasons, Christmas and then New Year. They need money for spending for the celebrations. For me, I will still hold it hoping that it will sky high again after the holidays.

Some people are going to have some bad holidays indeed. I see this dip normal and I think the price will increase furthermore really soon.
Aventhe (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:51:37 AM

It's basically the Blockchain is flooded by an unconfirmed transaction, This strange thing happened right after some shit news regarding Co-Founder of Bitcoin.com decided to sold his BTC and buy BCH. This is obvious that there is a group behind it that spreading the FUD to dump BTC. This may what they called "Operation Dragon Slayer". But don't worry once they realize that crypto market will be dump as well, They will shitting BTC again. Expect new ATM after this Big crash. Keep on Hodling or Bag some cheap BTC!  Grin

So did he or did he not sell his BTC? I immediately called bullshit on that, but I have received no confirmation whatsoever from any other source. FUD is IMO real, people want to buy at a low price.
CyberR.

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:53:40 AM

I would like to understand the main reason behind the bitcoin dip/crash (whatever it may be). Currently BTC is trading at 12.5K on preev.com, and I am beginning to become scared as to what the near future may hold for bitcoin.

Is this a Bitcoin crash? Or is it a crypto crash too? Is it just the holiday season or something else? We can also see on coinmarketcap.com that in essence, almost ALL alt-coins are also down by a similar amount in %.

PS: Please don't just spam this thread with:"Sell now, it will crash" or "Don't worry, it will go up". Base your points on facts that drive the discussion forward, not just general terms that have been already written down many times before.

Today's drop in price is probably because people are cashing out their bitcoins before Christmas and New Year to celebrate the Holiday Season, thus according to me the best time to buy bitcoins for new investors should be somewhere between 24-31st December.

Buy Bitcoins for low price and sell for high. Price will rise up again after Holiday season, so you should buy more now, and your new year will start with a good profit.
Buy the Dip or Regret it Later
hndrk10

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

Sharpay - Share Button with Blockchain Profit

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:54:47 AM

This is a very good moment to buy people. The prices are going down, this is the moment when smart investors buy. Just my opinion, don't take it as an investment advice.

Share Button With Blockchain Profit    ●   SHARPAY.io   ●   Globally Top 1 Active ICO on ICObench
██████████████             TOKEN SALE BONUS 40%   BUY NOW  ◄             ██████████████
ANN THREAD      TELEGRAM      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      MEDIUM      REDDIT      WHITEPAPER
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:57:06 AM

People are starting to realize that bitcoin is getting much slower and the transaction fee is getting much expensive, it's what I see why people are dumping it. But, you might want to consider the time of the year right now; people are selling because of the holiday season, and other people might be panic selling because of fear.

If you are a true believer of bitcoin and other cryptourrencies, you will understand it's nature by now. It goes up and down from time to time, try to look on its previous market for further understanding. If you just get in the train to gain profit and multiply your fiat, then I would suggest to make your own decision, whatever it maybe.

I agree with you! I think also that the reason of bitcoin price dumping is because it is Christmas season. Lots of whales and small investors sold out their stocks and that's why bitcoin price crashed out. I think it will move up by the month of February. We should not scare if it will goes down because bitcoin price is volatile and we cannot anticipate what will happens time by time.
Aventhe (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 134

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:58:32 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 08:19:25 AM by Aventhe

I hope I did not spam. Let me know if I did. Grin

You did great!  Grin

I just don't want this to be a feast for sig spammers. Though I don't think I can really control that...
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:59:18 AM

It's scary because it coincided with the massive transaction backlog, but the fact that even alts are down means it's probably normal market movement. Honestly though, if Bitcoin dies here, so does everything else. Altcoins can't handle much more transactions and suffer the same scaling issues.

While we're on the topic of the massive amount of transactions, it also coincided with a Bitcoin Cash pump and a Bitcoin Cash player making a move. It was Roger Ver moving his Bitcoins then, it's Oldenburg dumping now. This could be another coordinated attack. If it is, then things should blow over after a few weeks.

Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:05:08 AM

The problem is pretty obvious and everyone experiences it. But I think rich holders will give up butcoins that easy. Maybe those who are too afraid of losing some profits are the ones who will dump bitcoins. Or merely because of the Christmas season. After spending theyight build up again.
My point is, those who gained a lot from bitcoin can possibly remain, greedy ones won't. We are aware of its use and not just by holding them. It's is use as currency. Currency is payment. Occasionally it happens a lot. Don't need to worry about it.
HoaNguyen

Activity: 238

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:09:09 AM

In my opinion, the prices of Bitcoin has sudden many causes occurred as follows, first, this time coming Christmas so that people sell Bitcoin exchange money shopping. Second, the virtual currency exchanges Youbit Korea occupies the entire Bitcoin hackers also greatly affect the currency's exchange rate. The third is the Bitcoin Cash is Coinbase put to become an official currency in the world cryptocurrency so there are a lot of rumors about Bitcoin about to crash, This is the reason for the rate Bitcoin plummeted in recent times.

aplistir

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:20:02 AM

I don't think it is a correction. I think it is due to the obvious limitations of the coin, victim of its own success. The coin was not prepared for mass adoption (and I say "mass adoption" but it is very far from being the case now, obviously).
Fees (in Bitcoin):
2 years ago, 25 to 30 btc a day
1 year ago, 65 to 80 btc a day,
today, 150 to 210 btc a day, that's around +600 % in 2 years, absolutely shocking. It is way too expensive.

+600% increase measured in bitcoins, but at the same time bitcoin has gone from 200$ to 16000$ so the $ change is much much much bigger than +600%

It's basically the Blockchain is flooded by an unconfirmed transaction, This strange thing happened right after some shit news regarding Co-Founder of Bitcoin.com decided to sold his BTC and buy BCH. This is obvious that there is a group behind it that spreading the FUD to dump BTC. This may what they called "Operation Dragon Slayer". But don't worry once they realize that crypto market will be dump as well, They will shitting BTC again. Expect new ATM after this Big crash. Keep on Hodling or Bag some cheap BTC!  Grin

I do not believe in those conspiracy theories.
It is much simpler than that. Many people are interested in bitcoin and the blockchain is just too slow to handle the increased traffic properly. That is why the transfer fees have become astronomical. Cant wait for the lightning network, which will solve the problem.
Hope it will arrive before it is too late.

My Address: 121f7zb2U4g9iM4MiJTDhEzqeZGHzq5wLh
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:20:38 AM

I think the fall of Bitcoin price is due to the heated civil war between BitcoinCash and Bitcoin communities or it could be because holiday season
I still hold Bitcoin because I think it's too late to sell it when the price drops 23%

Aladdin-Sane-83

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:21:43 AM

We are back to price levels from a few weeks ago. The price run has been insane the past few days. A correction has been long overdue. Holiday season might be a reason as well, people drive off on their holidays starting today, they want some peaceful stressless days without checking their high volatility investments all day. Something that is seen on stock markets as well.
I personally would only be concerned should the prices fall to a level from September 2017...

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:24:05 AM

You can consider the BCH bull run as one of the reasons. But they also got dumped today with the majority of the alts.  But hey, we all wanted a fair correction in the price, shouldn't we be happy so that we can buy more of bitcoin?  Huh
I'd definitely suggest you to hold, you could have sold and could have bought back immediately to gain some nice profit when the price was around 16-18k but don't do that now, it's risky. Support levels are firmly formed.

This should answer your question. Basically most of the time when bitcoin crashes most of the alts follow. As per the image, 80% of the alts have crashed a few alts have gained here and there. Two major gains were in the XRP and KMD markets. Everywhere else it's not a good time to sell, but rather a good time to buy if you're a trader.
But bruh XRP❤❤❤. Sorry for the off topic and the spam here though.

Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:24:37 AM

In my opinion, the prices of Bitcoin has sudden many causes occurred as follows, first, this time coming Christmas so that people sell Bitcoin exchange money shopping. Second, the virtual currency exchanges Youbit Korea occupies the entire Bitcoin hackers also greatly affect the currency's exchange rate. The third is the Bitcoin Cash is Coinbase put to become an official currency in the world cryptocurrency so there are a lot of rumors about Bitcoin about to crash, This is the reason for the rate Bitcoin plummeted in recent times.

It means, the season affects the price of bitcoin. Usually, people will sell their bitcoin in order to transfer to fiat and spend to celebrate Christmas and New Year. That's why the price down deeply. I hope it will recover by 2018.
Bitcoin Cash also is a great threat to bitcoin, I just thinking. I hope it will not change bitcoin because and be the global cryptocurrency.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
synapsisxxx

Activity: 196

Decentralization shall be the end of the Old World

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:29:39 AM

There are many people who are cashing out,  especially due to the holiday season. One guy in reddit just became a billionaire and cashed out   Grin

OR, this can indeed be the long awaited burst of the bubble.
Nefarious

Activity: 214

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:35:22 AM

Yeah if you haven't sold out of your positions by now then it's too risky IMO. This is just a much needed market correction & things will pick up really quick at any moment. If you have money to invest, now would actually be a great time pick up some cheap coins. Remember, sell high, buy low Wink
adamski

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:35:29 AM

Guys, there is no bitcoin dip - there is a market dip!
Believe me or not, since today I'm sleeping better!
That's kind of correction is needed and shows that it's not a bubble!

So be smart and buy at dip - that means NOW!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: