Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:53:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EtherDelta! It's not safe anymore !?  (Read 3056 times)
De_nis (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:01:01 PM

Not agreed with your opinion that etherdelta is not safe, it is unfortunate that ddos attack was happen on etherdelta and many people lost money but they take prompt action and stop their site. That issue is now resolved and now site is working with much better speed and working fine.
Yes, I confirm that the problem is solved, I already trade on the weekend!)
But there were questions: 1) Will people lose their money or will they be returned? 2) We need to make the threat warning system faster, and not the way it happened this time!
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:23:35 PM

First, what happen to etherdelta is not something unheard of. Exchanges and website get hacked all the time. The attack happened and it has been sorted out so no room for panic. Etherdelta is running smoothly now.
Second, there is at least one alternative to etherdelta. Idex is also a decentralized exchange and many others coming onboard.

_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:26:42 PM

So does anybosy used etherdelta again since the hack? Is it save now? I dont want to try it, because im too scared to loose everything. When theres a bunch of people who can give me an ok i will use it again, not before!
myigitcoin

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:32:35 PM

I using etherdelta and binance rigth now. because some of my tokens are only listing etherdelta. If they will list on new exchange sites  I will transfer all of them. I dont like etherdelta.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:36:13 PM

Etherdelta is back just like that? Ok but couldn't they give us a brief and clear summary of the consequences of the hack: money lost, who lost money (example: people trading between that time and that time), etc.? The only way to get people to trust you again is to be crystal clear.

I wouldn't touch etherdelta again until the time comes that they clarify these things. If it's user's money they lost or not, i don't appreciate the fact that this situation is taken so lightly.
Me neither, i wonder did they return money which was stolen from people. It was only their fault and they should return it, i share the same opinion as you do, i won't trade there anymore.
What are alternatives as this was biggest decentralized exchange?
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:40:37 PM

I have just opened etherdelta and everything seems fine as before the hack. My ethereum balance as well as the balance of other coins is as before!
Not sure whether they can reimburse traders who lost their coins hen they have been warned not to trade during the hack... Let's see.
Chefironside

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:47:07 PM

Everything is fine with me. all tokens are still there. even buying and selling works flawlessly again.
The sending of the coins to the MEW also works flawlessly. So everything is fine for me
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:59:54 PM

Yes it is,they are 100% back all is good,all tokens are intact but be cautious i already remove my tokens just to be safe.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
Shaour Zafar094

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:57:08 PM

My brother i think Yet Etherdelta is not safe as it's been hacked in the past, but in order to gain trust again they need to make their control more efficient to avoid any incident in the future.
there are also other exchanges like OTORO, IQ OPTION, BITTREX etc.
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:18:26 PM

For a while time I will not use Etherdelta, i am just dont like How The System Works, it means you just copy your Address and Private Key, and The Trouble Begin, your wallet is opened. Less security.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
dzkazmi

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:25:20 PM

Etherdelta is safe now, Today i used Etherdelta without any problem, All you need to do is to go through https://etherdelta.com

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:44:16 PM

Etherdelta is safe now, Today i used Etherdelta without any problem, All you need to do is to go through https://etherdelta.com
Although using Etherdelta is safe now but since it was hack before probably people getting afraid of using it again. Because there is no guarante that it will provide us a 100% security of our coins.

Actually there is no 100% safest way of trading today in all exchanger sites. The reason is that, exchanger is very vulnerable for hacking since people found out that there is a big money on there. The best way to do  to prevent from losing our money in exchanger is not to put in there for a long time. If it is not the best time to trade, it is better to put it back in our wallet.
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:54:15 PM

Agreed to the above poster, also agreed for etherdelta is safe now, I used it as well today and had no issues.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:58:06 PM

The phishing attack on the website was temporal and they have release a news report that all is normal. But my suggestion is not to send all your tokens to the website trade. Get another Ether address which is meant for etherdelta and send small amount of token you can afford to this wallet to trade. If you prefer not to use it ,then you need to wait for the token developers to enlist it on an official exchange and you can trade it there.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
btcmayumana

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:41:58 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 10:30:50 PM by btcmayumana

Why are you not using metamask
Can you explain how this is done, how to use the metamask?
I've heard a lot about it, but I do not understand how it works?)
1. You need Chrome browser installed . You can go to https://metamask.io webs, click on GET CHROME PLUGIN, it add-ons will installed on your browser . Create acc DEN with strong password recommended, on panel Ropsten Test Net change it to Main Ethereum Network. Then click buy and choose ShapeShift option for exchange BTC -> ETH or else.

EtherDelta! Dear forum participants, what do you think about how to continue working, because there is no alternative to this exchange yet, and it is not possible to trade safely any more. What alternative can you offer?

Peer to peer could be an option. I think that there are already some projects out there to make decentralized exchanges. I have used etherdelta in the past and this time I was not caught, but it is really bad when a decentralized exchange that prides itself on giving keys to users gets hacked trough the backdoor.
Peer-to-peer are simple transaction, but since it is need agreement between both 2 party seller and buyer, so it could be not instant exchanges.
justaminute

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:54:39 PM

This exchange is safe. It is the shell of the blockchain. It's just an interface. You need to be careful with extraneous sites that are similar to it. If you're not wrong anywhere, then your tokens are protected.
September11

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:12:24 PM

Once an exchange has been hacked, it becomes very difficult to trust its security in future again. At least for a long while.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
christian07

Activity: 265

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:41:16 PM

There's a lot of scam accusation in etherdelta so prepare yourself in that if you do a transaction there i think if i experience bad to them then i stop to access they're site.At the beginning in access etherdelta there's a not friendly in our mobile because of slow and not good connection in their site so i think it's already not good for exchange so if you don't want to experience bad in their then try other exchanger.
Gunpaycity

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:29:29 AM

many people end up using ED because the main exchange can not be done yet and many comments are not good for it, I hesitate to use it

●● Phoenex Global ●●
◆ Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
iconoclast

Activity: 770

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:50:56 AM

The hack was on the DNS server that directed people to a false version of EtherDelta. The people who lost money were people who went to the site during the hack and did not notice this. Anyone using Metamask would have been alerted to the hack. Here is how to import your MEW into Metamask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grsBwSDSeuQ

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: