Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:08:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EtherDelta! It's not safe anymore !?  (Read 3064 times)
hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:54:04 AM

The hack was on the DNS server that directed people to a false version of EtherDelta. The people who lost money were people who went to the site during the hack and did not notice this. Anyone using Metamask would have been alerted to the hack. Here is how to import your MEW into Metamask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grsBwSDSeuQ
So using metamask to trade or doing something on ED will still be very safe?
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 06:58:39 AM

I traded in EtherDelta recently and my experience was wonderful. Trade transactions went faster than before. I think after the hacked they have improved greatly. For now there are no better alternatives that we know of apart from the few exchanges here and there that we can go to. Let us be more careful with our private keys.

Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 07:02:12 AM

The hack was on the DNS server that directed people to a false version of EtherDelta. The people who lost money were people who went to the site during the hack and did not notice this. Anyone using Metamask would have been alerted to the hack. Here is how to import your MEW into Metamask.

Probably yes, because the site itself is decentralized which means it is unhackable. What happened to the site is a phishing attack, and if you are using metamask then you would know that it is not safe because a prompt will be given to you.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:37:41 AM

Everybody feels unsafe after this news that ED was hacked. I am worried about my tokens' future and of course market exchange where we are going to trade our ERC-20 tokens aside from using ED. Even until ED's announcement that they're back already, i still feel unsafe that same might happen in the future once again.

swordling143

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:15:06 AM

EtherDelta! Dear forum participants, what do you think about how to continue working, because there is no alternative to this exchange yet, and it is not possible to trade safely any more. What alternative can you offer?

This is kind of sad. I have been using etherdelta for a year and more now, and it makes me sad to hear that it is not safe anymore. I have an alternative which I can suggest. Although, the value of the coins are not that similar. I use coinexhange.io when I do trades. I can say that it is also secure like etherdelta before.
mey466

Activity: 368

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:19:59 AM

EtherDelta! It's not safe anymore! Keep an explanation of what the loss event is for now it may be safe again .. but i still scared and hesitate to repeat again. Is the token exchange other than in etherdelta?
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:25:10 AM

In my opinion Etherdelta still safe, i have many token equivalent more than $10,000 when any hacking but all that my token is safe until now. Etherdelta still good and safe exchange for me, never any problem until now.
Bustart

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:26:30 AM

EtherDelta! Dear forum participants, what do you think about how to continue working, because there is no alternative to this exchange yet, and it is not possible to trade safely any more. What alternative can you offer?

This is kind of sad. I have been using etherdelta for a year and more now, and it makes me sad to hear that it is not safe anymore. I have an alternative which I can suggest. Although, the value of the coins are not that similar. I use coinexhange.io when I do trades. I can say that it is also secure like etherdelta before.

Well, it depends on a person's perception that etherdelta isn't safe and actually with my current impression with what happened lately. I guess etherdelta was just having deep maintenance after the attack done by hackers, and yet it was been feared by other investors specially accessing the site. No we shouldn't be afraid because with my latest updates with etherdelta all the coins that's has an active trading at Mew, now ready for an active trades so we are now again for the normal transactions.

▄▄▄█▄
   ▄▄███ ▄▄███████ ███▄▄
  █████▀████████████▐████
   ▀▀▀  █▄██▄▄██▄██ ▀▀▀
     ▄███▀██▀▀██▀███▄
 ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
███████████▄▄▄▄███████████
 ███  ▀███▀▀██▀▀███▀  ████
█████                 ████
  ████  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██  ███
   ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████
    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.DopeDoge...The Token That Revolutionized..
..The Weed Industry.................
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ▐██████
███████ ▌    ███ ▌   ▐██████
███████ █▌    █ █▌   ▐██████
███████ ██▌    ██▌   ▐██████
███████ ███▌  ███▌   ▐██████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
lunafreya

Activity: 243

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:39:52 AM

I heard that etherdelta was hacked but I don’t know about that much. Some people feel their coins safe with ED, some people’s not. And this also raises suspicion. Maybe idex can be an alternative to etherdelta. I think everyone is going to use idex for exchanging in the future.
Xfactor06

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:40:42 AM

I'm using ED also but right now it's not safe, i'll be having a layoff first in using the site. By the way use metamask if you want to trade there.
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:50:49 AM

Has Etherdalta given comprehensive information about that hack attempt (what was stolen, reasons, measures) and so on? Without that they will not restore reputation soon.
lyons

Activity: 294

Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:54:04 AM

Probably yes, because the site itself is decentralized which means it is unhackable. What happened to the site is a phishing attack, and if you are using metamask then you would know that it is not safe because a prompt will be given to you.

i have just one myetherwallet wallet. can i take new one with metamask? or can i use my wallet with metamask?
im sorry im just a newbie and scared to lost my tokens. hacking is such a bad thing Smiley

cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:56:01 AM

I had always thought that EtherDelta was relatively safe, but after this incident, I put all of my erc20 tokens in EtherDelta and put them all in the local wallet.

CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 08:59:32 AM

Here's a good example of how somethings 'simple' can help you to stay safe.
Always be paranoid, always consider the risks you are exposed to. If you have that mindset you will be safe (mostly... there's no guarantee...)

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 09:01:37 AM

i have just one myetherwallet wallet. can i take new one with metamask? or can i use my wallet with metamask?
im sorry im just a newbie and scared to lost my tokens. hacking is such a bad thing Smiley

You can import it into metamask using your private key

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
Tehhmm

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:06:18 AM

ED was not hacked, rather the nameservers were compromised.  The smart contract that runs everything continues to work and is still secure.  Hopefully the ED team will add security features to make phishing attempts in the future be less effective.  I still use ED but the volumes have dried up...
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:06:51 AM

I will not store or deposit my tokens there anymore. If your tokens are worth it, they will be traded on other REAL exchanges in future.
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:33:59 AM

Before using it, do a little research and make sure that it hasn't had a recent issue again. Do your thing quickly, and withdraw your crypto fast.

This probably applies to every other exchange too.  Wink
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:45:09 AM

I will not store or deposit my tokens there anymore. If your tokens are worth it, they will be traded on other REAL exchanges in future.
LOL,etherdelta is your only choice to exchange your tokens,how would you exchange it in exchanges without going to etherdelta? hahaha
Pandu Gleen

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:09:45 AM

calmly, yesterday etherdelta was having trouble with the server causing all pending transactions and there was a little annoyance due to some factors but, now etherdelta is safe and we can again to do transaction in it if you want to sell or buy tokens through etherdelta.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: