Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 08:33:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EtherDelta! It's not safe anymore !?  (Read 3071 times)
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 01:04:04 AM

I say create a new wallet whenever you're going to use etherdelta, and transfer only what you intent to sell. Don't import your main wallet that has all of your Eths.

That's just an extra precaution, over all I think it's safe, just have to be careful.

Yes,

that is correct, just import another wallet and transfer the coins which you want to trade to EtherDelta, do not import the main wallet with all you coins, you never know what kind of information might be kept. It is decentr. exchange, but still a risk..
Starla

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:28:29 AM

EtherDelta! It's not safe anymore, if it's true that there's no token exchange better than etherdelta? Or there is a hunter who does not have to enter with a key from the wallet
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:23:16 AM

The hack was on the DNS server that directed people to a false version of EtherDelta. The people who lost money were people who went to the site during the hack and did not notice this. Anyone using Metamask would have been alerted to the hack. Here is how to import your MEW into Metamask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grsBwSDSeuQ
So using metamask to trade or doing something on ED will still be very safe?
Probably yes, because the site itself is decentralized which means it is unhackable. What happened to the site is a phishing attack, and if you are using metamask then you would know that it is not safe because a prompt will be given to you.

i have just one myetherwallet wallet. can i take new one with metamask? or can i use my wallet with metamask?
im sorry im just a newbie and scared to lost my tokens. hacking is such a bad thing Smiley

The video is for importing an existing MEW wallet into Metamask. I don't know why you would want to make a new MEW unless you lost your private key.

rain3798

Activity: 157

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:30:37 AM

Yes, there were news that etherdelta was hacked so it's not safe for a while an this a really a big problem if we are going to trade, mostly the tokens are transact to etherdelta and because of this incident it was now hard to trust the etherdelta.. I think there are others where we could transact or trade our tokens but I'm not that really so familiar with the others.

wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 03:54:02 AM

In my opinion EtherDelta still good exchange and still safe. I have many token there when hacking happen but all that my token is safe. So EtherDelta still good and safe decentralized exchange for me. All problem now solved and etherdelta back to normal again. I still trust this exchange.

jlanzago

Activity: 266

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 04:05:56 AM

Why do you think it is not safe anymore? Because some hacker took control of their DNS and uploaded a fake site for almost a day? They alerted people, fake site could have been easily spotted and it has now been resolved. It is safe, because it is a DEX. The fake site could steal your private keys, if you were not careful enough.
iamMhew

Activity: 688

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:34:38 AM

before the hacking, i have more tokens on that site that has in selling condition, fortunately my tokens/coins are in there and no one of my coins got hacked at that time, so meaning theres a few investors or we can say that hacker didnt hack all accounts but only all big investors that has big influence and more valuable tokens/altcoins stocks at that site. for now etherdelta exchange site is back to normal, maybe they will hired more stuffs for further security purposes.
Yabuy92

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 04:47:37 AM

In my opinion EtherDelta still good exchange and still safe. I have many token there when hacking happen but all that my token is safe. So EtherDelta still good and safe decentralized exchange for me. All problem now solved and etherdelta back to normal again. I still trust this exchange.
so far it is safe safe, but my experience ehterdelta is the worst market because most of it is just the coins of exile continues mostly not in coinmarketcap, the site is also difficult to access aplagi with ordinary internet network

rasyiqul1505

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:58:48 AM

why you say etherdelta is not safe anymore? so far i use etherdelta no problem, i do something on etherdelta like selling my coin always success.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:59:40 AM

etherdelta is still pretty safe, just be careful to phising sites which requests to have your private key, there's only one etherdelta on the internet, so you must be careful when logging in, if else, you will lose all of your funds.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 06:01:08 AM

I don't know if you read the latest news, but someone is claiming to have their funds stolen on Etherdelta, and that too just yesterday!! The worrying part is that he linked Metamask for the transactions and still his funds got stolen from Etherdelta. And the hacker is still stealing the funds. So don't be so sure if your funds were safe after the first hack. Maybe wait till Etherdelta fully confirms that they are secure to transact. One more thing is that right now, no platform is safe. It's not that exchanges don't give security a priority, but there is always a trade-off between user experience and security. And also the fact that nothing is 100% secured. These hackers spend a lot of time to find vulnerabilities in the system and once they find it, they suck out everything from it. I guess this is the price we have to pay for decentralization. We can see the hacker's wallet address, but no one can get the funds back........

p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:10:37 AM

^
So, do you believe in a random person who hasn’t said anything specific about the current status of etherdelta? I do believe and rely on the official source only. https://twitter.com/etherdelta/status/944174879775055873
If there are no more updates about security problems, I assume everything is ok! And I am actively trading on ED issueless.
kejot

Activity: 92

"OPEN GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:11:57 AM

I think etherdelta just safe now.. but didnt guarantee that your funds will stay safe.. better to keep trade with small amount to avoid the malware attack.

Guddini

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 06:17:56 AM

Yes, right now, there are fears at work,with this exchange,unfortunately there is no alternative yet because there are all the tokens that can be immediately sold

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:19:43 AM

Why are you not using metamask
Can you explain how this is done, how to use the metamask?
I've heard a lot about it, but I do not understand how it works?)
I think this is an easy way because metamask is in etherdelta, so you will go to metamask and sell it in metamask, the transaction cost is cheaper.

preikaler

Activity: 905
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:25:56 AM

Why are you not using metamask
Can you explain how this is done, how to use the metamask?
I've heard a lot about it, but I do not understand how it works?)
I think this is an easy way because metamask is in etherdelta, so you will go to metamask and sell it in metamask, the transaction cost is cheaper.
That's right, metamasks are very comfortable unlike the etherdelta that yesterday got into trouble and sometimes transactions can happen without us knowing it. and I've experienced it.

Prouty99

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:53:34 AM

How would you actually get your tokens out of etherdelta? It seems like a simple question but I am stuck in the position where as a noob I imported myetherwallet into etherdelta, then deposited the tokens ready to trade. Then, as I'm a noob I realized that you need ethereum to perform trades, which I didn't have in the etherwallet. So the question then becomes how do you get tokens off etherdelta back to myetherwallet without using ether for a transfer. Is there an easy way to put tokens back into myetherwallet?

Apologies if this seems like a dumb question.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:03:25 PM

It's safe enough when you don't import private keys directly to etherdelta. Just use metamask and everything will be fine. Moreover you can run etherdelta site locally at your pc: https://youtu.be/kXOTke0gFwc.

panghae

Activity: 148

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:54:09 PM

ED is safe now,they fixed the issues last time,install metamask in google chrome extension.

Toropen

Activity: 299
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:58:41 PM

I think that the replacement of this exchange will soon be others, there are already many similar projects which are much better Delta

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: