Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:23:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETHEREDELTA HACKEEDD???  (Read 477 times)
mamaya

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:49:42 PM

The smart contract was never hacked, your tokens are safe. Unless you bought during the period their DNS server was hacked you will be fine.
Crytocoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:51:05 PM

Etherium was not affected at all. The investor who has lost hope investment is very few.
EnaksiS

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:57:52 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 09:41:56 PM by EnaksiS

I hate to hear this kind of things... But I think etherdelta never get back it's trustworthiness again or everyone will know that shit things could happen anytime in anywhere...

lovela

Activity: 126

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:58:57 PM

When Etherdelta was hacked nobody noted or reported that their coins were gone or stolen, Etherdelta DNS was compromised so only transaction delay and congestion are the effects of the attack but I think there are more people are giving a green light for Etherdelta because it is now back on Business.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
lovela

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:00:34 PM

I hate to hear this kind of things... But I think etherdelta never get back it's trustworthiness again or everyone will know that shit things could happen anytime in anywhere...

Etherdelta isn't different from bittrex.com and binance.com, they're both had attacks recently and caused massive coins stolen on their watch so Etherdelta is now back on business and already fixed some issues as well.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
rezius

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:00:45 PM

When Etherdelta was hacked nobody noted or reported that their coins were gone or stolen, Etherdelta DNS was compromised so only transaction delay and congestion are the effects of the attack but I think there are more people are giving a green light for Etherdelta because it is now back on Business.

Actually people that tried to transact on the Hackers phishing website (only lasted an hour or two) all were stolen from. He stole about 200-250 ETH. I feel as if 95% were unaffected though.
rezius

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:01:45 PM

Etherdelta isn't different from bittrex.com and binance.com, they're both had attacks recently and caused massive coins stolen on their watch so Etherdelta is now back on business and already fixed some issues as well.

You work for EtherDelta...? It's a bad exchange, no way around that my friend.
lovela

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:02:59 PM

The smart contract was never hacked, your tokens are safe. Unless you bought during the period their DNS server was hacked you will be fine.

Indeed, there's no coins were lost during the attack and I heard some news and articles that even their coins were frozen or some would say it was gone but after 48 hours they're all set and nothing was changed and developers are already fixed the issue so there's nothing to worry about because Etherdelta is now back into business.

luppecuppe

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:24:58 PM

It was already difficult to operate in Etherdelta. Now, this situation was very annoying. Belle becomes an opportunity for IDEX. Some investors come there and the stock market grows.
dagon666

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:35:34 PM

I moved most of my tokens off Etherdelta after I heard this, I think everyone's tokens are safe.  just ensure you are using the regular site.  The thing I don't like about Etherdelta is that it takes gas for any attempted buy... this is not fair, as they are making tonnes of ether from virtually no sale.  How can this be fair at all?  You miss out on a buy and it still charges you?  That is a flawed setup only benefiting Etherdelta.   
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:39:54 PM

It seemed a bit fishy to me so i never used it. Better off trading on Binance and bittrex. With binance it is cheaper to trade simply by purchasing their binance coin and using that to cover the fees with a 50% discount Grin
gulypz

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:44:09 PM

This is very annoying. People are accumulating money saved by the money they earn. But it is also difficult to take measures. We need a stock exchange and deposit money there. I think they have to be guarantors.
Gangy

Activity: 225

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:06:44 AM

I don’t think this is a problem that can’t be solved. Etherdelta is a big exchange website and it should be able to solve this problem without any investor loses any coin. Otherwise all investors will move to other exchanges.

Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:28:19 AM

I  have purchased  on Ether delta one  on weeks  ago to buy PRL coins   and I have logged in  with my private  key

My  firefo is not updated  but  it showed me  any  warning about  phishing  website scheme

I was  NOT  REDIRECTED to any other  etherdelta  similar website

Anyway I am  still warned cause  my  firefox  is not updated  and may have not detected  the  phishing website

Anyway  there has  bee  no redirection  
DarkoBlog

Activity: 60
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:47:26 AM

I'm using EtherDitten only when I'm trading with less known coins and for that purpose EtherDelta is ok for me.
I honestly never really liked the way how you're connected to their site. I think they should do the improvement here.
I'm usinh MetaMask plugin and wallet for this purpose only.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:01:53 AM

On twitter they said the exchange is back again, I have a few coin on ether delta and  I didnt lose anything yet, but i want to be more secure so I am going to withdraw all my coins on the exchange.

carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:12:29 PM

On twitter they said the exchange is back again, I have a few coin on ether delta and  I didnt lose anything yet, but i want to be more secure so I am going to withdraw all my coins on the exchange.
I tried in etherdelta earlier and it went good. All my coins are intact and I just withdrawn my token all and it went just back to normal. Yes maybe it is the best move to withdraw our all token to be safe.
Alexarik

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:26:31 PM

Is it already possible to use this exchange? I decided to wait until Monday, I still worry, although all the coins are whole, looked through deltabalances.github.i
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:46:50 AM

Can we return to EtherDelta? There is lack of communication since the hack? are the issues resolved? My coins are safe post-hack. I even withdrew my ether through MyEtherWallet.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:30:51 PM

DNS redirection can happen for every site every times. anytime in anywhere as you said. It's also called internet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: