Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:28:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Drops Below $15k, Down 25% from All-Time High  (Read 172 times)
scanpay (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:38:14 PM

The price of bitcoin is down more than 25 percent from an all-time high of nearly $20,000 reached this past weekend, market data shows.

Prices fell to as low as $14,502 to start today's trading session, according to CoinDesk's Bitcoin Price Index (BPI), about 27 percent from the all-time high of $19,783 reported on Dec. 17.

Overall, bitcoin has seen several notable price drops following Sunday's gains, including a dip below $17,000 on Tuesday that accounted for a roughly $1,800 drop on the day. Indeed, analysts have suggested that the price could experience continued volatility as 2017 comes to a close and new money, brought in by bitcoin's meteoric gains, exits for fiat.

But, others may be testing the waters in alternative cryptocurrencies, as bitcoin is far from alone in having seen its price recently hit an all-time high.

According to data from OnChainFX, which charts price developments for cryptocurrencies, all of the top-20 coins by market capitalization have seen an all-time high within the past four days. Of those, cryptocurrencies like bitcoin cash, dash and litecoin have since posted declines in the last 24 hours.
cryptoux

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:49:59 PM

Ive heard roger ver and his chinese friends are people behind this huge crash they tried to extend the trending fuds,to prove that the BCash is the real bitcoin and to deny the wallstreet money from coming in.

randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:52:06 PM

Ive heard roger ver and his chinese friends are people behind this huge crash they tried to extend the trending fuds,to prove that the BCash is the real bitcoin and to deny the wallstreet money from coming in.

If they are then it is highly impressive and I'm not sure entirely how they're managing it, spreading FUD is one thing but this is a very large crash, the last one of this scope was when China pulled the plug on ICOs, this time around there doesn't seem to be anything quite as significant.

Nukleo

Activity: 425

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:57:04 PM

I believe that after the New Year the bitcoin price will grow many times. This has always been so, after the fall the price increased many times.
rodmanqs

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:08:44 PM

Do you hear this sound? What is it? And yes, it's the screeching of hamsters who pour their crooks, hoping not to lose everything. Not the guys, the bubble is still intact, just a little blown away, as everyone expected. Capitalization sank by almost 200 billion on average -30% from assets. Everything falls into place. Bitcoin ended the 3th wave, after June and September, then sagged by ~ 40%. Many bet on what digit Bitcoin will stop. I think around 10k.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:26:42 PM

Do you hear this sound? What is it? And yes, it's the screeching of hamsters who pour their crooks, hoping not to lose everything. Not the guys, the bubble is still intact, just a little blown away, as everyone expected. Capitalization sank by almost 200 billion on average -30% from assets. Everything falls into place. Bitcoin ended the 3th wave, after June and September, then sagged by ~ 40%. Many bet on what digit Bitcoin will stop. I think around 10k.

8 is the magic number imo, first thought 12.8k but now 8k seems to be the utter low, I think the whole herd who recently bought in are selling now again because they're afraid.
Causing it only to decline further.

trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:18:57 PM

I have read one week ago an opinion of experts that BTC will grow to 40000USD. Now it’s looking really interesting whether it can do it. We’ll see. Otherwise I am sure that Bitcoin will come back to the best position
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:22:38 PM

Could be true

Gringoblin67

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:23:47 PM

If Bitcoin's true value is really worth more, then its price will eventually still go up no matter how low the correction.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:33:10 PM

I give no f about price drop, I would never think of shorting bitcoin and buying above $10K, we will see it probably below $10k in 2018.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:35:08 PM

Yes this past weekend bitcoin drops, but I sure before end of the year bitcoin will up again.
I know bitcoin not stable yet, because demand and supply still high in the market. This week I do transactions when bitcoin drops down.
powermagic

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:41:54 PM

is this news factual? if this is true, now the right time diverts the funds to btc and holds them to the point that I want and achieve a lot of profit.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:42:42 PM

Yes indeed the price has decreased and still continue decreasing, but there is no catastrophe, the usual process of price correction is going on, in January everything will recover
sopanbmp

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:52:42 PM

i hope BTC will be back to the standar price again, maybe 500-800$ so i could buyback again. at the price now is to high and have a big chance to lost.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:57:53 PM

It is obviously that this is another fud scenario, i am seeing this kind of information everyday, so it is no longer surprising me anymore. Another fall? Anyway, i am not selling anything at the moment.

The price of bitcoin is down more than 25 percent from an all-time high of nearly $20,000 reached this past weekend, market data shows.

And do you think that $14,502 is a low price? I think that you are wrong with this, the price is 100% over the November 24th price, just a month ago.

Prices fell to as low as $14,502 to start today's trading session, according to CoinDesk's Bitcoin Price Index (BPI), about 27 percent from the all-time high of $19,783 reported on Dec. 17.

It is much more stable than before, it dropped a lot during the start of the week, but it doesn't mean that it is not stable. It has been between $12,000 and $20,000 for more than a month aproximately.

Overall, bitcoin has seen several notable price drops following Sunday's gains, including a dip below $17,000 on Tuesday that accounted for a roughly $1,800 drop on the day.

Hello
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:01:18 PM

I can see it coming back to around 6k, ever since the China fud the market has been ridiculously volatile. Sucks that the market was hyped so much that the new investors have bought in at ATHs and got stung real bad. Long term we could have just lost thousands of big investors to the crypto market.

It needs a proper correction soon and all the scam/ponzi shit needs to end like Tether and bitconnect. The sooner they are found out and removed from top 20 the better.

johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:45:44 PM

I've heard predictions that bitcoin could drop to 8,000. I do not know if it's possible. But after such a strong adjustment, he again climbs up. I want to not miss the moment and buy cheap, before the price goes to the moon again. It's bad that alt's are falling, too, because they have to show growth.

kerjakuat

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:49:51 PM

i dont trust any speculation about bitcoin. i only believe at the price chart of bitcoin. lol
the more higher bitcoin price will goes. the more expensive will be the fees are. so far the fees are killing me so much. we need some change here please.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:51:25 PM

At the current price, BTC is back to where it was 2 weeks ago. Context is important.

One month ago (11/24) the high for the day was $8,340. Three months ago (9/24) it was $3,783. That hardly seems catastrophic to me.

llyfee4u

Activity: 444

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 03:25:10 PM

Given the crazy rise in the past few weeks, in my view, this was to be expected.  I think the recent fluctuation is why people should get overly sentimental about their bags by Hodling till eternity.  Although there are many predicting a drop back to mid $7K but highly doubt this, I think the days of BTC below $10K are long gone.  Of course, only time will tell, but as usual, there are people doubling their money regardless of the value.
Despacito

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:27:49 PM

If they are then it is highly impressive and I'm not sure entirely how they're managing it, spreading FUD is one thing but this is a very large crash, the last one of this scope was when China pulled the plug on ICOs, this time around there doesn't seem to be anything quite as significant.

No matter what they're doing, people see the truth behind their dark plans. They can only damage bitcoin in the short term. In long term bitcoin will recover and give a good answer to that roger ver guy.
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:35:21 PM

technical anaylsis indicators says it can go down to $8k the previous support is there,expect the worst mate.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: