Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:22:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM vs ETH  (Read 962 times)
marcripto

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:04:51 PM

Ethereum in my opinion is currently one of the best projects in the industry and has the potential to overcome Bitcoin in the coming years, while NEM has still a long way to go and to do a lot of things...
dasha_buka

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:12:09 PM

XEM is also a very interesting coin , but in General three competing Is ETH , NEO and XEM . In 2018, we will see the battle for first place
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:23:20 PM

Not sure why we compare NEM with ETH. If we are talking about capitalization NEM is very far from ETH.
Concerning growth potential - NEM has one. I think that in the very best case NEM can reach top 7 this year, with the price about $2.
carrymentality

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:38:44 PM

NEM is almost the same as ethereum, but it didn't had a success development.
You should think about all the possibilities out here.
NEM is pretty the same as eth, but they do not have the same function to create very smart contracts as you can do on eth.

That may be true; however, I think Ethereum has gained so much more support from people in the market than NEM. I think that the technology supports a lot of different types of business. It is compatible with many kinds of investments as well that keeps people coming back to use it for investment. Also, having shown its reliability and endurance throughout the years it has been present, many people have come to trust it and has believed in it secondary only to Bitcoin.
Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:42:18 PM

NEM will never reach such a level as ETH.
Look at the teams and you'll understand!
Quaglia

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

Beyond Your Imagination

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:47:56 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 11:18:38 PM by Quaglia

I see NEM’s big differentiation from other competitors is that they do not believe the blockchain should be responsible for smart contracts. NEM has a concept of Mosaics and Namespaces, which allows developers to create a wide variety of assets for whatever purpose they need. However, they don’t have a way for you to ‘code’ these assets in a language, they expect you to handle that in your own application.
and i think this is markedly different from Ethereum. Ethereum goes so far as to house all their contract code on the main blockchain, which means that everything is located on that single entity. The NEM philosophy is that the blockchain should just be for the ledger of assets and only the assets. Specific functionality should be controlled by your own servers.

This is an issue which is of great interest to me, since I know little about the tech of NEM. After having gone though all the posts of all the 9 pages of this thread (very painful process, BTW) the one I quote is the most technical one which has actually told me something new. If someone else has to share some real information on this issue, they are welcome. But how much backgroud noise we have to swallow here!
BACKSTER

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:50:28 PM

I choose ETH because it has an excellent development team and also has smart contracts.
BitProCoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:54:18 PM

Ethereum has more potential then other coins so there is no doubt about nem too. I do not think that the eth will give someone first place.
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:17:07 AM

Eth gave to us an innovative instruments that's no doubt. But NEM smart contracts or applications being off chain....essentially being in the hands of the company or developer, this will interest bigger companies that have proprietary software that they don't wish to put onchain for everyone to see, which is what Ethereum lacks....it is open source so all can see the fancy codes that make a business service so unique.
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:09:07 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 01:29:01 PM by Thadeous

When the amount of NEM based ICOs will become comparable to ETH one, we can talk about "NEM vs ETH".
For now this coins are in definitely different weight classes.
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:13:57 AM

I believe that upcoming catapult update will change everything and NEM, a truly fantastic and cheap cryptocurrency with a unique and progressive proof of importance concept will challenge ETH at it's own game and replace the damned Buterin's $hit coin, which only old grannies with their cryptokitties find useful

In some extent NEM can be even more interesting than Ethereum. Nem has a potential of sharp rise because now its price near the bottom line and it is possible to make a good profit in case of rise.
hritevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:03:27 AM

I believe that upcoming catapult update will change everything and NEM, a truly fantastic and cheap cryptocurrency with a unique and progressive proof of importance concept will challenge ETH at it's own game and replace the damned Buterin's $hit coin, which only old grannies with their cryptokitties find useful
NEM was launched last March of 2015 which is still new. Nem are known for being differ from bitcoin in a number of key areas. NEM has been used on a block chain called Mijin in Japan by a number of financial companies. These are only few information about NEM. However, I still admire the potential of the Ethereum because it already proved to me its importance. I wasn't against to other's opinion because I am just stating what my thoughts and perceptions.
GlassMaster

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:44:07 AM

As I love such rivalry, everyone who has invested in a certain coin tries to bring it to the leading position. And that's fine, but really, after all, NEM is too average a coin in the market in terms of everything. And each of these coins has its own chance and its fans.

susuberuang

Activity: 926

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:53:30 AM

of course I choose ETH for long-term trading and daily trading because ETH has the potential to be expensive coin is supported by its many ICOs created from smart ETH contracts with it could trigger an ETH price increase.
engrlodi

Activity: 308
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:20:45 AM

It is hard to compare the both of them because NEM and ETH are good ICO and token. For me, ethereum is the better token or ICO because it has already a big experience in the marketing of cryptocurrency and it is already trusted token in this year. Wven ethereum is dropping it keep backing on track when it comes to the value in the marketing. NEM is good too but it is a coin that is average only for me. Both of them has potential but for me ethreum has a big potential token in this.

wel24

Activity: 275
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:28:40 AM

Of course i prefer ETH ,The ETHEREUM show us already how bullish it is.It maybe low before but its like a rocket for now since 3yrs ago.I believe so much in Eth that it will follow the bitcoin not the value  but follow to success.Nem is incomparable too a its a great project and also recognized already and many partners too..
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:37:18 AM

In some extent NEM can be even more interesting than Ethereum. Nem has a potential of sharp rise because now its price near the bottom line and it is possible to make a good profit in case of rise.
If you want to create customized smart contracts with NEM, you should host them on the company's computer, they are decentralized Ethereum is aiming at companies that are willing to rebuild internal networks in the next 5 to 10 years. So, they want to work with Ethereum's customized smart contracts. It is time consuming and costly.
screwUdriver

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:39:34 AM

If you want to create customized smart contracts with NEM, you should host them on the company's computer, they are decentralized Ethereum is aiming at companies that are willing to rebuild internal networks in the next 5 to 10 years. So, they want to work with Ethereum's customized smart contracts. It is time consuming and costly.
NEM is aiming at companies that want a blockchain solution that's ready to use, handle most data needs, 100% secure, fast and compatible with current systems. You don ‘t need a team of programmers for NEM.
cepedacharles

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:40:24 AM

This is a very, very interesting question. Because recently we have been watching with you how the NEM project is gaining popularity more and more. As far as I remember, they should have a very large marketing program this year
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 08:48:14 AM

I know NEM is a great project and future updates will be big but still i do not see it competing with number 2 giant ETH, nem has way bigger supply and the ETH has already achieved adoption and it provides massive use cases already.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: