Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:13:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the biggest risk that bitcoin is facing at present?  (Read 467 times)
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:09:50 PM

Risky? why? Most people who are saying that their bitcoin wallets are a store of value are very smart, in fact,
they are holding their money while they earn a + interest each time that the price goes up.

The biggest one is that a lot of people started to take BTC as store of value , It is not bad thing but at the same time very risky

Yes, but that is what is happening right now.. all those who are tired of the fees are just switching to bitcoin cash. The only problem with this is that they are killing bitcoin, and they are using a new "coin" that is absolutely useless.

Soon people will start move to other coins to transfer small transaction .

Tell your friends that zcash is a shit, the best thing that they can do is just buy PIVX, if they want privacy (zcash)

It is already happening most my friends going for zcash and ether  to cut the fee down .
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:14:59 PM

From a technical point of view。
The biggest risk may be the sudden crash in price value. If this happens, a lot of people will surely be pissed off! May be not in the system or Bitcoin per se, but mainly in themselves .

audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:33:19 PM

Technically bitcoin risk is the fix number of supply it has and the development on its block chain. It is very obvious that many alts today offers a much better coins something that is more faster and reliable while bitcoin remain on it's position without any development. Now the value of bitcoin drops and people starting to shift into alts and if this thing continue to happen bitcoin may lost its current market
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:40:13 PM

I think when it comes to technical view, the most important to fix by bitcoin is the number of supplied coins and they should improve how their blockchain works. A lot of new cryptocurrency and altcoins existing today with has the quality features unlike bitcoin but for me bitcoin always be the one. Many altcoin can surpass bitcoin and I think it will be the greatest enemy of bitcoin to success. Bitcoin forks also be dominated the cryptocurrency, as of now, bitcoin cash is the most promising coin. I think if the bitcoin will not enhance its system, many investors will move to other forks or altcoin.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:21:33 AM

I see only 1 big problem that may lead to the death of bitcoin. It will die only if people will loose all of the coins (like users will give up on some dust on their wallets and delete them) so sooner or later there won't  be enough satoshies for everyone and someone will have to make a new bitcoin. The other problem (like transaction fees) could be (and will be) solved pretty soon.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:33:12 AM

The biggest risk for me is the legalisation in my country, if my country decided to banned bitcoin then there will be more challenge to cash out or using bitcoin, but the most dangerous now is coming from bitcoin itself, many people complain that transaction fee is too high and the speed is too slow, and slowly people shifting to other coin
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 05:52:13 AM

I would say the high transaction fee is the pain right now when it comes to the Bitcoin. The fees that network requires to confirm the transaction is much higher than that of it should be and it is a serious obstacle to the growth of the network and hence the risk of slowing down the growth. There is a tremendous scope for the growth of Bitcoin across the globe but someone will definitely give a second thought unless the fee is reduced.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:10:01 AM

Day by day stupid coins are entering in field of cryptocurrency but few of them.are much better by technology , So I think bitcoin is making attention towards such type of new new technology and trying to improve bitcoin blockchain technology more and more improved with fork experiment ( making network more faster ) , but here another big issue that we are facing is transaction speed that is not much faster that what we should have , we need to pay high amount fee but still confirmation of bitcoin transaction have no gaurranty that we can have faster confirmation with high fee , Because already with fee of 0.002btc my transaction is stuck and no confirmation since 4 days .
So may be new change will be in bitcoin , otherwise bitcoin has no risk in any way .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
tikaka

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:44:08 AM

I think the biggest risk to bitcoin is now the cost. Bitcoin transactions have to pay a high fee. That's not fair .. and payment transactions are slower

alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:51:05 AM

Too many stuck transactions will cause the network to be really slow. That would lead to less people wanting to use Bitcoin.

Technically that is really the biggest problem that bitcoin is facing right now, the technical issue of transaction being process at a longer period of time and fees for miners to confirm a single transaction.

This will cause people to abandon or find other alternative coin (top 10 in the market) to process their transaction.
oaz7t

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:15:59 AM

The transaction fees taken from the user has become very high and the processing time of the transaction is very high which is a problem for the users.
Bitcoins are not yet legal in most of the countries so again thats an issue for trading.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:19:12 AM

For me the biggest risk is that a lot of BTC wallets will be lost in the future. And I don't know these "dead" could be withdrawn. In 10-20 years it will be a lot of "dead" wallets.

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:22:44 AM

For me, much of it is psychological.   I know that deep down, the btc holdings I have now were at one time worth only a few thousand US$.   So it's always at the back of my mind that maybe I should just sell it all to take the money and run.   I don't do that of course (instead of opting for small cash ins and long term gains), but I think a lot of early and middle adopters sometimes participate in a heard mentality kind of thinking.   Like watching the wildebeests in Kusini.   If something minor spooks the heard, they all start running (and cashing in in this case).  

sent from my X6
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:30:30 AM

there are a lot of risks that bitcoin is facing.
the most important one is losing the decentralization that it has because it is one of the main attributes of bitcoin and it needs to keep it in order to stay strong.
the other important one which is often forgotten these days and sometimes even by some bitcoin developers! is that bitcoin should be able to work as a currency and be able to compete with them at the same time. this requires reasonable fees and that requires scaling. sadly some people are only considering bitcoin as a "store of value" and unknowingly want to kill bitcoin by doing that.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:39:53 AM

Literally the transaction is too expensive I mean miners fee are killing the users right now even though we don't have a tax here but man talk about a huge amount of transaction fee just to send your bitcoin to other people. Its like your money is being tax with much higher cost no offense sirs but these transaction fees are killing the users right now.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:52:42 AM

The biggest risk facing bitcoin these days is the uncomfortable system and the many sales that the bitcoin owner does. and become down. but, I think this is only temporary.
I am sure that bitcoin will go back up and pull back trust.
scout5

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:27:31 AM

Risk of being obsolete due to a scaling solution being too long to arrive. Alts are doing it alot better to be honest.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:31:37 AM

I think the biggest risk facing bitcoin today is the system. a system that I think bitcoin needs to correct and upgrade the system for the better and faster.
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:41:25 AM

The risk is that way too many people are now using bitcoin and the transactions they generate are clogging the network, making fees and confirmation times skyrocket. The result is that people might move on to another BTC contender like bitcoin cash, which is rising currently. This will greatly devaluate btc.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:48:07 AM

The risk is that way too many people are now using bitcoin and the transactions they generate are clogging the network, making fees and confirmation times skyrocket. The result is that people might move on to another BTC contender like bitcoin cash, which is rising currently. This will greatly devaluate btc.

it is not a risk, at least not a long term risk.
because even if they do switch to another alternative cryptocurrency such as bitcoin cash, in the end they all will end up in the same place as bitcoin. it may take a longer time before bitcoin cash reaches the same amount of usage that bitcoin has and has full blocks but it eventually will get there and when it does the same congestion and high fees will be the result of it. and the dump the said altocin will experience will be so much harder because it is an altcoin.

Only Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: