Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:10:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential Portfolio Analysis  (Read 218 times)
bigboy61 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:50:32 PM

Hello everyone!

New member here. I have been following crypto-currencies for years now (not super close, but aware of them). I had the opportunity to buy BTC at $100-400 and passed it up. I am not going to let them happen again! I have about $1k to invest in crypto. I want to diversify to an extent. I don't want 8+ currencies because it will be impossible to keep track of all the wallets and keys. I have done a little research and have come up with the following portfolio:
ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

I am open to changes and modifying the percentages. I currently own .5 ETH and 1.4 LTC that I will use to buy some of the other cryptos. Does that portfolio look pretty strong to you guys? Feel free to tear it apart! I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Mr.cryptos

Activity: 322
Merit: 119

BEST BOUNTY MANAGEMENT. 10+ BOUNTIES MANAGED

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 11:58:56 PM

Hello everyone!

New member here. I have been following crypto-currencies for years now (not super close, but aware of them). I had the opportunity to buy BTC at $100-400 and passed it up. I am not going to let them happen again! I have about $1k to invest in crypto. I want to diversify to an extent. I don't want 8+ currencies because it will be impossible to keep track of all the wallets and keys. I have done a little research and have come up with the following portfolio:
ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

I am open to changes and modifying the percentages. I currently own .5 ETH and 1.4 LTC that I will use to buy some of the other cryptos. Does that portfolio look pretty strong to you guys? Feel free to tear it apart! I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

You didn't state how long you are willing to hold the coins you just listed above.

2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:06:43 AM

I'm not too sure about Verge and Lumens but I like your Ethereum and Waves choice. You should hold them for at least 2-3 years to make great money.
Mr.cryptos

Merit: 119

BEST BOUNTY MANAGEMENT. 10+ BOUNTIES MANAGED

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 12:08:40 AM

with just $1k to invest, It will be more wise to invest in undervalued (especially coins under $1 since your investment capital is very small) and more promising coins. In my opinion;

Cardano (ADA) 40%
Substratum (SUB) 20%
Verge 20%
SiaCoin 20%

Hold these coins for at least 6 months, you will thank me later.  Wink

imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 12:12:12 AM

Personally I think that Eth and XML are good shouts but not so sure about XVG and Waves, XVG has been doing well recently if I am correct but, from my experience, Waves doesn't really offer much more than a platform to release tokens, something which Eth does. I could be wrong but thats my opinion.
bigboy61 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:14:07 AM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

You didn't state how long you are willing to hold the coins you just listed above.

I am willing to hold for 2+ years if I see it gaining at least a little bit. I have a few thousand dollars in a mutual fund and I own a stock so as long as it, overall, is gaining a little, I am fine. I realize that sometimes it will go down Wink
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:15:52 AM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

ETH, yes, hold a larger portion though, also, why no bitcoin? XVG has pumped hard lately and has great potential but unless you're thinking long term (1+ years) I would give it a miss. Waves is nice. Lumens I would try and look for something else but that's just my preference. Main point is don't split it 25/25/25/25. Go 50 in ETH or there or thereabouts.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:23:13 AM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!
I don't know much about XLM or XVG. But I would increase my exposition to Waves compared to Ethereum for the following reasons.

Ethereum is already quite large and will require much more volume to multiply its value than Waves in comparison.

Waves with the LPoS system has a great way to participate in the revenue of its own decentralized exchange, which is expected to grow a lot once ERC20 trading goes live next year.

Waves is, since today (activation of NG), the fastest blockchain in the world with a capacity of up to around 1000 transactions per second. For reference, the crypto-kitties game that brought Ethereum to its knees only added around 7~8 transactions per second to Ethereum's blockchain.

Waves is about to implement smart contracts in Q1 of 2018 and will at that point by the best platform for token creation (and thus ICOs) as well as decentralized apps (due to the high potential throughput). The smart contracts will not be prone to security errors like those that led to the Parity failure that resulted in a loss of $300m worth of ERC20 tokens and Ethereum.

The decentralized exchange for Waves will be a major component once regulators start trying to crack down on crypto, as they won't have any means to regulate decentralized exchanges. The volume of such is thus expected to grow massively in the coming years.

Furthermore, Waves is still very tiny compared to Ethereum at only around $13. Once the smart contracts come out there is nothing to stop Waves from growing to $100 ~ $400 like Ethereum did when it made its big jump earlier this summer. Indeed, there's nothing stopping Waves from overtaking Ethereum entirely based on fundamentals. Technical trading bots may or may not delay this, but if Ethereum doesn't improve massively it might very well be overtaken by Waves in 2018~2019.

In either case, Waves can easily go up at least tenfold next year, which is something that Ethereum will have a much harder time of accomplishing (if at all).

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
bigboy61 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:49:21 AM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

ETH, yes, hold a larger portion though, also, why no bitcoin?

I can't afford a lot of Bitcoin (about .03). I head the fees are really pricey too. I  prefer whole coins or halves.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:33:33 AM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

that is a good list and good percentages for each coin. I think that portfolio looks pretty strong and you can buy xvg, waves, and xlm but I think you need to wait for a while and check the price and the trends before you buy. for that four coin plus litecoin, you have a good portfolio and you can wait every coin increase in the short term.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bigboy61 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:43:15 AM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

I think you need to wait for a while and check the price and the trends before you buy.

You mean until the correction settles? I was hoping to do so, but, at the same time, I don't want to miss the low prices (assuming they come).
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:53:36 AM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

I think you need to wait for a while and check the price and the trends before you buy.

You mean until the correction settles? I was hoping to do so, but, at the same time, I don't want to miss the low prices (assuming they come).

It might very well be over already, so it's best to start easing in already and to average your buys/sales out. If you don't buy now and prices go back up you'll kick yourself, meanwhile if you start buying (spread out over time) and prices go down you'll still catch most of the discounts.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:12:55 PM

you should consider allocated 50% btc of your portfolio for your own security and 30% long term alts,then 20% for your daily trading.

TheAlchemist

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:21:45 PM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

It might very well be over already, so it's best to start easing in already and to average your buys/sales out. If you don't buy now and prices go back up you'll kick yourself, meanwhile if you start buying (spread out over time) and prices go down you'll still catch most of the discounts.

Yes, I also bought these coins due to the decline in the market as a whole. Especially Waves from this list. This is my favorite.
Mrs Troll

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:33:22 PM

Try to find some space for IOTA/AION, they both will give nice profit in long-term. Anyway you portfolio looks strong.
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:11:28 PM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!
Rather than waves and it may better for you to move a half of the waves portfolio to the ripple or iota which gained a lot of attention from the investors especially for ripple and you can see the south Korean market reaction about the ripple. Waves is not strong as you said. It never the same as ripple and ripple has a better potential.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
kumara

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:55:01 PM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!

If I were you I would substitute XLM for XRP,  And add ITNS Intensecoin http://intensecoin.com  

Unless you have some moral anarchistic objection you realize XRP already has first mover advantage so much they can own the public coin space. And Intensecoin is a young project with tremendous potential: A secure p2p VPN on the blockchain that is also a CryptoNote based privacy coin. It is going for a penny right now. But when it hits major exchanges it is going to fly high.

billyj111

Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:58:24 PM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!
A good coin selection but is a small amount for investing, but in your situation it is one of the best options.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:23:05 PM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!
How come you didn't invest more of your money into Ethereum? The price looks like it's going to increase soon.

OG member.
Brian Ray
bigboy61 (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:23:49 AM

Hello everyone!

ETH 25%
XVG 25%
WAVES 25%
XLM 25%

Thanks!
How come you didn't invest more of your money into Ethereum? The price looks like it's going to increase soon.

Well, I placed my initial order for $1k worth of ETH today. I will use it as a springboard to buy other tokens. I would like to keep 1 ETH pocketed because I think ETH is going sky high soon. I may go over my investment by a few hundred by doing so, but I think it will pay off.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: